gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

Yes, from what I've seen they always do clearance sales to recoup as much as they can from the stores that are closing. This could be a great opportunity - the Borders near me still had a couple of Space Police sets last time I was there, a few weeks ago, and assorted other stuff. Oh, and books, too.

Toys R Us (in the US at least) is having their Buy 1 Get 50% second set (*excluding Star Wars). This is good 2/20-2/26

Also, I've noticed that TRU is having overlaping sales. They will have special prices for the weekend (saturday to monday) on select sets and also have a weekly sale (sunday to saturday)

For example on monday, the Atlantis Impulse sets were 30% off and there was the Buy one get on 50% off. I was very tempted, but I'd allready bought some of the atlantis magnets sets and with the great castle, space and pirate sets this year, I couldn't justify buying them.

But I'm still going to check things out saturday to see what the new sale is.

Target online has put lego games MAGIKUS and MONSTER 4 on about 25% clearance, but at my local Madison Wisconsin west location they are about 50% off

There were only a few Magikus set for 4.98 (Priced 7.48)

There were at least 10 Monster 4 sets for 7.48

Hooray for Monster Heads!!

USA - TRU - March 4th and 5th

The following LEGO Star Wars Sets are 30% off.

7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship - MSRP $49.99, Sale $37.09

8097 Slave I - MSRP $79.99, Sale $62.99

8129 AT-AT Walker - MSRP $109.99, Sale $83.99

It seems to be Amazon wants to stay competitive as they have reduced Slave 1 to $58.27. With free shipping and no tax in some states, this is clearly the better option.

Toys R Us Canada: March 11-17

This Week's Sale

LEGO Promotion

If you're in the US, and want to go deal hunting and get your hands dirty, check out Walmart. I visited two of them in my area, and it might be a similar story at stores elsewhere. Both that I visited had a clearance aisle near the front end of the store, where the aisle was almost entirely toys. Searching carefully I found some Lego sets:

Build-a-Zurg (both had several of these, like 10 or more, for something like $9 or $12)

Galactic Enforcer (one store, and about 4 copies asking price was $40 and MSRP was 100 I think...I almost got one but...yeah)

Random Rock Raiders set with buzz saws

Random large Bionicle box

Random Duplo sets, but us AFOLs don't tend to care

One store had a better selection than the other (the one in a slightly nicer neighborhood had more on clearance and a nicer regular Lego aisle). Anyway good luck.

The following LEGO Star Wars Sets are 30% off.

7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship - MSRP $49.99, Sale $37.09

8129 AT-AT Walker - MSRP $109.99, Sale $83.99

+1 I picked the Slave 1 up myself :thumbup:

It seems to be Amazon wants to stay competitive as they have reduced Slave 1 to $58.27. With free shipping and no tax in some states, this is clearly the better option.

If I had known I would have gotten from Amazon, I had to pay $13 shipping so $70 total, always check everywhere before buying! :hmpf_bad:

From March 18-20, the StarWars.com Shop will have 40% off all in-stock products, which I believe includes the Lego sets as well! :thumbup:

Series 4 have arrived in the United States! You'll find them at TRU for $2.99. Happy hunting!

From March 18-20, the StarWars.com Shop will have 40% off all in-stock products, which I believe includes the Lego sets as well! :thumbup:

Hah... so I headed on over there after reading your post this afternoon (a few hours ago, my time) and thought "hey, a few really nice expensive sets there... for 40% off I'd get a couple of Tantive IVs... so I just checked back (been out since then), and they're gone. Go figure. :thumbdown:

Edit: a few minutes later and now they're down to two pages... whittling it away so they don't have to "give away" cheap LEGO.

Edit 2: :tongue: every time I refresh there's less... LOL.

Edited by fred67

:hmpf_bad: It seems you're right. All that's left now is a couple of last year's sets and a bunch of clocks/watches. Way to get our hopes up. :thumbdown: If there's anything useful left by the time the sale starts, it would probably be a good idea to order right after midnight.

Ugh that is so lame. I've heard people say the same shenanigans happen at TRU, even in the brick and mortar stores. They pull all the expensive/exclusive sets off the shelf for the sale, and then as soon as it ends they put them back on.

Ok, this worked for me. Not a whole lot they left up that I was interested in (lame, a Tantiv IV would have been great), but I got a General Grievous Starfighter for $30 + $5 shipping. Palpatine's Shuttle is still there (I'm just not that interested).

Amazon US pricematching some TRU sales. No tax and free s&h:

Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid 7327

List Price: $99.99

Price: $76.99

You Save: $23.00 (23%)

=============================================================================

Police Station 7498

Price: $76.99

You Save: $23.00 (23%)

Creator Shuttle Adventure 10213

Price: $89.99

You Save: $10.00 (10%)

Creator Offroad Power 5893

List Price: $89.99

Price: $67.49

You Save: $22.50 (25%)

Pirates of the Caribbean sets available for pre-order at 15% discount in The Netherlands.

Where?: brickshop (Dutch LEGO webshop)

Discount valid until the first of may 2011.

When you order a complete set, you also get a free keychain and free shipping: POTC collection

As far as I know they only ship within The Netherlands, sadly.

(Btw, I ordered here a couple of times and never had any problems, so it should be safe)