Alywin

More new products from Shop@Home (2009 later half)

This is true. Only Volumes 1 and 2 are out.

I've been waiting for Vol. 3, and now Vol. 4 appears but before Vol. 3 is even announced. The thread on vol 3 can be found here.

Hmm. With the coming Christmas house, those christmasballs and the candle (?) I think I will buy a lot of new christmas Lego this year.. :classic:

pirate battle pack looks really crappy, unless its a 5-6$ set...(doubt it)

LEGO: NO ONE WANTS AN ARMY OF PIRATE CAPTAINS!!!!! :thumbdown:

the gold bricks look amazing, will definitaley be getting a bunch of them, unless its a magnet. id like to make a castle out of gold bricks because my new brickwars castle hero is a gold lego,torso,sword, and crown man who could despratly use a nice castle to protect him. :classic::thumbup:

the pirate bank looks awesome, though id take the squid and flag off for customizing. :tongue:

the tic tac toe looks awesome, but it better not be 20$ or ill get mad. 15$ is bad enough. id REALLY buy alot if it were 10$. i already spent like 25 on cannon battles as if they were battle packs. oh well. cannons are always nice. :sceptic::thumbup:

the bank looks weird... like a tubawear thing, not a bank! TLG has made better banks, u know, the ones that actually look like bricks.... :sceptic:

About the Vintage Minifig Vol. 4

Classic soldier:

- I like it, they should have done it before!

- But why did they choose a rare minifig instead of one from the common #375/383/677 sets? (This torso with this helmet only came in the Castle Mini-Figures set.)

- This was released in 1979, not 78!

Classic spaceman:

- OK, blue, we've all expected it since the previous volumes offered the other colours.

- Same issue as previous releases: the helmet is the wrong one, they lost the moulders, etc.

Blacktron pilot:

- Yeah! excellent choice, it's a significant minifig in Lego's history -- at least more than postmen or chefs!

- It's a nice design that could match recent sets (e.g. SPIII).

Forestman:

- Good choice as well as a significant step in the Castle line.

- I read two years ago that Lego wouldn't produce plumes due to high costs. Then they made a new version last year (e.g. in the Medieval Market). They they will produce this one, I am happy that they finally decided to offer plumes!

Santa Claus:

- A city minifig is expected, so here you are!

- This one is pretty and can be added to a modern city.

So, I will probably buy this set, even if I didn't buy the previous volumes. Will see...

Who's ever designing the vintage minifigure must really like spacemen. This is 6 space men in 4 sets... Come on, already...

Is that an old style plume on the forestman, or a new one?

Steve

That's not quite what I expected out of a Pirate BP, but I suppose it'll have to do :sceptic: I was kind of hoping for separate Pirate and Soldier BPs like the ones castle gets. I suppose it'd make it really easy to amass large quantities of the Admiral and Pirate captain torsos though. I rather like both of them, they could almost be turned into they're own army or something.

I suppose I'd have to sell a crapload of monkeys, parrots and that other pirate's torso on bricklink at deep discounts :tongue:

I'm glad we're getting the Lego games... any word on whether or not we're getting the other ones?

You can tell by it's shape it's an old plume.

Edited by WastedGrunt36

Let me add some words. These photos are obtained from LEGO shop@home cache.

They are not all available until this moment. But it is believed they will be available very soon.

Apart from above products, there are a few more accessory products found.

Thanks whung for these new images. The first post has been updated. :thumbup:

I believe so, unless my eyesight is failing me. It appears to be the old plume design. We have not seen it for quite many years.

Nice to see the pirates BP.

Not so happy that all the classic spacemen are appearing in the vintage minifigure packs :(

So many other classic figs they could have picked instead :(

I wonder if the Pirates battle pack suffers from the same ills as the troll and dwarf battle packs.

What ills might those be?

Nice to see the pirates BP.

Not so happy that all the classic spacemen are appearing in the vintage minifigure packs :(

So many other classic figs they could have picked instead :(

I, for one, am thrilled. But just to be objective, let's recap:

Collection 1: space (1), town (3), studio (1)

Collection 2: space (2), town (1), pirates (1), ninjas (1)

Collection 3: space (1), town (1), pirates (1), castle (1), wild west (1)

Collection 4: space (2), castle (2), town/holiday (1)

So out of 20 figs, we're looking at:

30% space

30% town

15% castle

10% pirates

5% ninja

5% wild west

5% studio

Admittedly, space and town fans have no reason to complain, but there's no reason to think that other themes won't get their due in time. What is so drastically under-represented?

Edited by Draykov

What ills might those be?

I was wondering the same thing; maybe reduced quality or something of that nature?

Unlike the Classic Spacemen which had the old helmet design, the basic helmet we still have today first appeared in a space theme with the original Blacktron line. So the Blacktron pilot which comes in this collection will be basically identical to the original. :wub:

Now if only Lego would release theme specific collections. :wink:

i love the tic tac toe rather than pirates battle pack....

the BP is not suitable for bulk buying...imagine....if you buy ten ....you get ten birckbeard....ten monkey.....forming monkey armies?

and that reminds me the troll impulse set.

buy 10 troll impulse and you get ten troll + 10 mice.....man....what can i do with that ten mice? served as food?

also each side of the BP only got one single weapon. pirate got a pistol and imperials got one musket.

so how about the govenor and the brickbeard? using the flag to wheck each other? :sick:

Edited by kaka1987

Forest men! Its been too long since TLC has made any! (and, they were very popular too.)

more pirates=good! , although, I want to see an Imperial ship. then I would truly be happy-no, I'd start running in circles and... I should probably quit dreaming....

Thanks for sharing!

(Falkner goes off to start forest men fund.....)

852747 - Pirate Battle Pack

852747.jpg

This has got to be the worst "battle pack" ever. Clearly someone at LEGO is totally clueless about what a BP is. It is SUPPOSED to be a way to build an army. That means one officer and at least three soldiers (or better yet, NO "officers").

Hopefully the Tic-Tac-Toe set will be a better deal because there is no point to buying the so-called BP. :sick:

Edited by tedbeard

I don't know; I kind of like this battle pack for a change. Its a nice way to get the Admiral guy without having to pay $50 for the fort set.

I, for one, am thrilled. But just to be objective, let's recap:

So out of 20 figs, we're looking at:

30% space

30% town

15% castle

10% pirates

5% ninja

5% wild west

5% studio

But the variety of the town figures has been much more expansive than the spacemen, who are, in essence, the exact same figure in different colors. Town got a policeman, fireman, gas-station attendant, mailman, chef, and Santa. Space got red guy, white guy, black guy, yellow guy, blue guy. I think that's why space seems so repetative. Personally, I think the blacktron guy is a nice change of pace for space.

Steve

nice figure pack but santas are a dime a dozen.

Blacktron classic space forestman and that old classic knight are great though.

Never seen the sets instores are they exclusives?

That's not quite what I expected out of a Pirate BP, but I suppose it'll have to do

I am thinking the exact same thing because it would be nice to get it once but you dont need loads of monkeys and treasure chests, sometimes we just want to build an army. Anyway the pirate tic tac to is also nice,(again for the figures). I think the vintage minifigure collection is good but ive never got one before and i find them unnessecery for my collection. The little santa set is nice if you just want the figure.

Edited by Eskallon

Wow we haven't even got volume 3 yet. Unless I've been under a rock and somehow missed it.

I guess its already out, i'm quite sure i've seen it in lego store in munich.

Glad to see that Forestmen are back !!!

It seems that the pirate line is the center of all the attention these days... one game and a battlepack !

These are all great news..

Thanks for the head up Alywin

forest men!! i agree everything is pirates it seems a game, a battle pack, if they do more pirates do more pirate sets. although i definitely will get the battle pack for the monkey! can't have enough!

thanks