Captain Green Hair

Dutch VOC ship the Prins Willim, minifig scale!

Wow, i can't find words to describe that, and what you're doing there. You're crazy, but in a great way! :pir-tongue: I can't believe you're also adding interior, and add details such as engraving the logo in the cannons...wish you luck that it doesn't break at any time, and can't wait to see ther finished model! You have to get a page in a big newspaper when it's finished!

I really don't know how you guys do this. For some reason, whenever I have a picture in my head, I get builders block, but when I am freebuilding with no idea what I'm doing I get it done in a matter of minutes. But to have a whole plan and image in your head and get it done exactly, it's just amazing!

Or you have a bit too much time on your hands...

What do you sya to such a magnificent creation, your ships not bad either :pir-tongue: ...

Seriously, man that is one hell of a good job you have done there. I am amazed at the detail, can not wait to see this finished. Be sure to finish it before Phed finishes his!

I am gathering this one will never be dismantled after building it. :pir_laugh2:

Kind Regards, Cpt. PB

This is looking absolutely beautiful my friend! Excellent work indeed!

The ballast pit looks great as does all the interior details. Can't wait to see more pics!

Wow, really impressive, possibly the best Lego ship I have seen yet.

I keep my fingers crossed for you to get this done the way you want it to be.

The engraving on the cannons are a really nice touch. Your ships hull is really nicely done too. Love how you planned everything out so nicely and constructed the hull carefully according to your plans. Almost makes this look like major engineering project rather than a lego build. wish I had your talent in ship building!

Keep on building, I'm can't wait to see more!

Amazing. Incredibile. It would be awesome as set. :D

As a set? Do you want to pay 3000 euros or something like that amount for a set? LOL

It is very expensive and just way too large for a set. Its a MONUMENT if it gets finished at least.

Thanks for the kind words guys! :pir-classic:

Btw you look good too! Wanna date? :pir_laugh2:

No, then Indy will get mad.....and i don't wanna piss him off. :pir-tongue:

I do have one little thing I'd like to note about the brown line though.

There is something there that doesn't seem just right.

I think that you should follow through with the brown steps here instead of going back a step.

You are right in that, thanks for pointing it out. Below you'll find a picture of the new version.

CGh, that's amazing ... I'm in love with your ship, that's excellent! I really can't wait to see it finished, build it ! now ! ^^

Sure, give me bricks! :pir-grin:

And that's a minute before the Prins Willim was dropped. :pir-tongue:

If i drop it, it will be on your head! :pir-tongue:

I really don't know how you guys do this. For some reason, whenever I have a picture in my head, I get builders block, but when I am freebuilding with no idea what I'm doing I get it done in a matter of minutes. But to have a whole plan and image in your head and get it done exactly, it's just amazing!

Or you have a bit too much time on your hands...

Just keep building, you'll get there sometime. :pir-wink:

Too much time on my hands? I wish i started this project in May 2008, and i still have a long way to go.

I am gathering this one will never be dismantled after building it. :pir_laugh2:

No she won't indeed. :pir-wink:

Amazing. Incredibile. It would be awesome as set. :D

I'm planning on selling a copy, so make me an offer i can't refuse. :pir-grin:

No, I have every faith in CGH and that he will complete this model. :pir-classic:

Thanks buddy, i'll finish her, no worries. :pir-wink:

Ok, so i redid the above water part, this is now version 3:

a.jpg

I need to take out some little flaws, but i think it looks much better.

C&C on this part is still very welcome!

He CGH,

just got back from the Carnaval in Koln. Those are some amazing updates! :thumbup:

I like what you did above the waterline. :pir-classic: The plating of the deck look great!

I might give some feedback later, but for now I'm just enjoying the photos.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Crazy, crazy, crazy good :pir-cry_happy:

Looking forward to follow this project along.

It really makes your own inspiration flow.

Ships are not my thing though.

But it looks so great already.

You just made me post my second, or maybe third reply in the Pirate section CGH :pir_laugh2:

-Ras-

Well Captain version 3 is looking much better from my point of view.

The lines are a lot smoother now :thumbup:

Keep up the good work buddy.

Errorist

Your latest update looks good, dear CGH, keep up the good work I'd say and let the race between you and Teddy be on! (no just a joke ay)

WOW :pir-oh: This is really nice :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I cant wait for the final photos :pir_bawling:

Hey CGH,

last week i drove by the marine port in Den Helder, and i coult see some old looking rigging and masts, last tueseday i was in Den Helder again, (for my work) and i went to see what the thing was that i've seen. unfortunnatly i could't come close to it to see what it was, after googling a bit, i found out that it is a replica of the Prins Willim. your ship is making me proud to be a dutch guy.

good luck with te project, and please keep posting those pics

claus von nassau

Thanks guys!

Version 4 of the above water part is in the making now. :pir-classic:

Hey CGH,

last week i drove by the marine port in Den Helder, and i coult see some old looking rigging and masts, last tueseday i was in Den Helder again, (for my work) and i went to see what the thing was that i've seen. unfortunnatly i could't come close to it to see what it was, after googling a bit, i found out that it is a replica of the Prins Willim. your ship is making me proud to be a dutch guy.

good luck with te project, and please keep posting those pics

claus von nassau

You can visit the replica, just cross the bridge and park. Parking is free and you can walk straight to her.

Last time is was there she was closed, but if you're lucky you can stand on the campaign deck and overlook the beauty! :pir-grin:

This is simply mind-blowing. It's almost unreal seeing how many bricks are going into this.

I'm looking forward to more updates! Just don't let it slip off the table. :pir-tongue:

You can visit the replica, just cross the bridge and park. Parking is free and you can walk straight to her.

Last time is was there she was closed, but if you're lucky you can stand on the campaign deck and overlook the beauty! :pir-grin:

That idea has always been on my wish list. And I'm really lookin' forward to the next update!

Keep it up! And like Erdbeereis said: Don't let it slip off the table.