Electricsteam

MOC/MOD: ES co. Retro Steam Locomotive

This is the ES co. (Electricsteam co.) Retro Steam Locomotive!

Useing 40% original 60's blocks! and Has 2 Retro like Passenger Coaches!

wLOU0.jpg

FYUpT.jpg

vcmcA.jpg

cXokG.jpg

EtCvx.jpg

iAl30.jpg

I am open to all suggestions and anything for that matter! :laugh:

Edited by Electricsteam

Beautiful. I suddenly feel 40 years younger :blush:

My thoughts exactly! The Train looks fantastic, but that minifig definitely has to go.....

The Train looks fantastic, but that minifig definitely has to go.....

Indeed. By the way, does anyone know if there (and when) were minifigs in the early 70's. I vaguely remeber the little men that were built uisng bricks and articulated arms and arm/legless minifigs, but not when they appeared

Indeed. By the way, does anyone know if there (and when) were minifigs in the early 70's. I vaguely remeber the little men that were built uisng bricks and articulated arms and arm/legless minifigs, but not when they appeared

I have the body and the legs of the old Minifig but no head...

The brick figures with the articulated arms were released in 1973 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=200-1

The proto minifigures were released in 1975 http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=363-1

I would like to ask this question for all of Train Tech... I there any way to power the this locomotive with PF? I have an Idea for the Bat-Box car allready...

Yes I know this is an old topic but I would love to have this run on my layout I plan to design.

If you have the pf Parts you can Motorize it,

It's Made of lego, you can do everything!

I would like to ask this question for all of Train Tech... I there any way to power the this locomotive with PF? I have an Idea for the Bat-Box car allready...

Yes I know this is an old topic but I would love to have this run on my layout I plan to design.

This train would predate the early 4.5 volt motors

but a PF battery box would easily fit in a carrage

If I was trying for the retrolook, I would build a black coal car for the battery box

@OP, you need to get different windows for the carages, I can see through those :p

Edited by Pop Bumper Pete

I would keep the classic 4.5v motor casing at least so you can still use the old wheels, then all the additional PF stuff can be hidden.

You could also swap out (yes they have screws!) the internal 4.5v motor for a 9v one.

Good Comment, but I was asking how I could run this with PF....

It can't, unless you use a 4.5v motor and the RC module. PF requires 4 wires, - + and two signal.... I am not sure how you would wire the signal to a 4.5v motor, unless you sacrifice a PF motor for parts...

It can't, unless you use a 4.5v motor and the RC module. PF requires 4 wires, - + and two signal.... I am not sure how you would wire the signal to a 4.5v motor, unless you sacrifice a PF motor for parts...

This was discussed here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71035&hl=%2B4.5v+%2Bremote+%2Bcontrol It's possible to use PF with 4.5volt motors and I will be doing that myself fairly soon (Waiting for a PF receiver to arrive).

This was discussed here http://www.eurobrick...remote +control It's possible to use PF with 4.5volt motors and I will be doing that myself fairly soon (Waiting for a PF receiver to arrive).

I can tell you from personal experience when i was 6, ( its easy to stick a 4.5v socket to a 9v brick underside to get current without ruining or modifiying any parts, just have to hold in place by hand) that a 4.5v WILL NOT run double the speed with more current. Infact it will barely run at all, choke and sound like its about to disintegrate.... So that article is not quite accurate. The modified PF circuit would have to be cut down to 4.5V MAX to prevent damage with resistors. Running a 4.5v motor will less current however is more then doable just like 12v.

The modified PF circuit would have to be cut down to 4.5V MAX to prevent damage with resistors. Running a 4.5v motor will less current however is more then doable just like 12v.

..........'zactly :classic: These PF conversions for 4.5volt do run on 4.5volts and not 9volts. Possibly that wasn't made clear in the discussion thread.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5531975

Edited by Locomotive Annie

I'm of course not old enough to remember that kind of retro LEGO first-hand, but I've played with a lot of my dad's old sets from time to time and this has a great old-timey feel. Good job, Electricsteam!