Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

^you should have and extra stem at least. Also if you have a lot those three pronged leaves, you can make yourself one heck of a pot farm :tongue: .

Thanks, but I use an ipad, and it is not the same. Anyone, help?

Nice moc you done!

I frequent here with an iPod Touch. The option for smileys is unavailable on them, sadly. It didn't used to be that way, though. After Eurobricks went down for a week they just disappeared. Currently I am using my desktop, though.

Edited by Penkid11

Haha, I own non of them either, I really am in need of plants, I have 5 6x5 leaves and about 10 bamboo pieces.

an alternaive is to write it like this:

grin and the put : on either end, so like this :grin : which will come out like :grin:

^you should have and extra stem at least. Also if you have a lot those three pronged leaves, you can make yourself one heck of a pot farm :tongue: .

I frequent here with an iPod Touch. The option for smileys is unavailable on them, sadly. It didn't used to be that way, though. After Eurobricks went down for a week they just disappeared. Currently I am using my desktop, though.

Ok. Sad to hear, but I thank you and legonardo for your help:)

I have 5 6x5 leaves

Dearest Susan Jr., that's enough to make a tree. You could even invent what kind of fruit it bears.

SC: I think Ecc have a great suggeston. Build a field that is recently sown. Or add some round brick 1x1 in green colours on the field...?

I think I´m going to finish my CH5 this week!

Edit: Oh! 1000 post and I´m a count! Nice!!

Edited by de Gothia

To Susan jr: Ecc gave you a good advice about the sown field. I have the same problem as you, not enough green, but it can also be compensated with the narration of the story explaining why there is few vegetation because of the lack of winter rain.

Ps. Congrats on being a count deGothia.

I'm about to start ChV, for about the 3rd time. :tongue: The bad thing is that although I have a general idea and already finished some smaller details, I have no idea how to start the majority of the build.

I'm about to start ChV, for about the 3rd time. :tongue: The bad thing is that although I have a general idea and already finished some smaller details, I have no idea how to start the majority of the build.

You know what, Brickooth, at least you already started. :tongue:

I bought from Plastic Bricks Direct and they were really cheap! They had a ton of different parts so it was hard to stop shopping! Lucky for me I don´t really like the new hobbit sets coming out in december so I put my money on BL instead!

I've bought from PBD about five times. They have great prices usually, and a really phenomenal selection. It's very hard to stop shopping on their site as you continually find new parts that you absolutely need! Their customer service is very good too; if there are any miscounts or anything, they'll refund the difference quickly with no hassle. One of my favorite BL stores.

You don't like any of the Hobbit sets? I thought the Barrel Escape and Goblin King sets looked great, and the Bag End set might be good too.

It's not too bad. . . here are the post counts for the top few ... The top Kaliphlin only has 180 (Nice Marmot).

Wow, I had no idea I was so talkative. Maybe I should spend less time posting and more time building...

Edited by NiceMarmot

I've bought from about five times. They have great prices usually, and a really phenomenal selection. It's very hard to stop shopping on their site as you continually find new parts that you absolutely need! Their customer service is very good too; if there are any miscounts or anything, they'll refund the difference quickly with no hassle. One of my favorite BL stores.

You don't like any of the Hobbit sets? I thought the Barrel Escape and Goblin King sets looked great, and the Bag End set might be good too.

Sounds great! Now I just have to wait then! That is the hard part except paying for the bricks! :classic:

No, the Hobbit sets don´t really apeal to me at all! Of course the pieces within them, such as the leafes and torsos is nice but those I will BL!

I would have to agree with de Gothia about the Hobbit sets. All I want us the Warg set. Maybe a couple of the Mirkwood Spiders as well just for the tree pieces and the "webbing"

In other news: I still haven't started my challenge 5 build! Time to pull another one week build like the Beacons of Burrium (Click the link in my signature to see :wink: )

Im hoping for mirkwood, barrels and wargs, but mostly wargs

Im hoping for mirkwood, barrels and wargs, but mostly wargs

I like the warg figures, but the rest of that set is just meh. That tree is so lame; I think my five year old makes better trees than that. Maybe I'll just BrickLink the warg figures.

Edited by NiceMarmot

I want the sets for teh parts, Wargs has lots of landscaping parts

I want the sets for the parts, Wargs has lots of landscaping parts

Exactly. The trees are my main focus here, but the possible price is $49.99 USD. A bit spendy for me, especially since we have LoC and Ninjago and Friends still going next year.

Exactly. The trees are my main focus here, but the possible price is $49.99 USD. A bit spendy for me, especially since we have LoC and Ninjago and Friends still going next year.

If all you want is the pieces and not the minifigs, you can most of the time get the sets w/o minifigs much cheaper on Bricklink. Eg. I got the Urik-Hai army for about $9 without minifigures. Either that or, if you have your own store, you could sell the minifigs. (That's what I hope to do, although I'm more interested in an Unexpected Gathering, the Barrel Escape, and the Goblin King Battle that the wargs. . .)

If all you want is the pieces and not the minifigs, you can most of the time get the sets w/o minifigs much cheaper on Bricklink. Eg. I got the Urik-Hai army for about $9 without minifigures. Either that or, if you have your own store, you could sell the minifigs. (That's what I hope to do, although I'm more interested in an Unexpected Gathering, the Barrel Escape, and the Goblin King Battle that the wargs. . .)

Should I just direct all of my Bricklink questions to you? :wink:

Should I just direct all of my Bricklink questions to you? :wink:

Well, I have been doing some shopping there recently. . . :laugh: (I have a good bit of time on my hands sometimes, so I try to get the best deal for my money. . . :grin: )

just made my first purchase of aftermarket lego pieces (actually three purchases) I have always been a purist at heart but the antlers at Brick Warriors, the sheep at Brick forge and the leaves at Altbricks made it easier to try incorporating some of them into my future builds.

What is everyone's feeling on aftermarket pieces?

What is everyone's feeling on aftermarket pieces?

I have tried different aftermarket vendors but in the end, while some of the concepts are cool, they just don't quite measure up to LEGO. Except for weapons.... IMO. I bought a few sheep as well but was a bit disappointed as they don't measure up to the same standards that LEGO goats do. (In brickforge defense, the sheep mold was designed a long time before LEGO goats) In summary, with LEGO increased production of new molds in recent years, I will only be buying aftermarket parts on a rare occasion.

The weapons seem to be hit or miss for me. I bought a variety of medieval weapons and helmets a few years back, but they just didn't look/scale right with other Lego weapons/figures. I decided to try again with BrickForge's Star Wars blasters, and I am much happier with these

I have 4 (one is a custom print) 3rd party parts, from the GoH ork. I would not buy them, If I won them however I would probably use them.

I use Brickforge and Brickarms.

Brickarms tries for a balance between Lego scale and accurate depiction of any given item. Brickarms has a wide variety of pieces that can be repurposed to amazing results. I am using plenty of Brickarms as plant material in my upcoming Nestlands vigs. Warning their blades are sharper than any other vendor.

Brickforge is closer to true Lego in style. Brickforge has many items for high fantasy and sci-fi: weapons, armor and hair/beards. They also offer a range of modern accessories. Many items can be purchased in a rainbow of colors. They also have centaur bodies! I have plenty of non-standard uses for Brickforge products as well.

I also have two BrickCommand pieces that are no longer in production. I plan to paint these.

I don't have any BrickWarriors, BrickTW, Arealight, Altbricks or Amazing Armory parts, but all seem to be good quality, though for different reasons.

It's all about knowing how to use aftermarket parts. Thus ends my cheerleading.