DaleDVM

Brickworld 2012 Armageddon, R U Ready to Crumble and Countdown!

Pizza without cheese does not exist. It is not pizza then.

He can have Tomato-Bread if he wants... :look:

He can have Tomato-Bread if he wants... :look:

mmmm tomato bread :laugh:

Vincent, about 8 of us are going to the Tuesday Cubs game with Scorpio, we are in the bleachers apparently, look for the tall ISC. :thumbup: Or PM Scorpio for his mobile no. to find us there.

I am stateside and heavily jet lagged, but about to try and rebuild everything.

And of course the first thing I noticed when opening my suitcase at stash's yesterday was that one of my MOCs had been completely smashed to pieces, was quite a puzzle getting it together again, and ended up with a few parts to spare too.. :sceptic:

And of course the first thing I noticed when opening my suitcase at stash's yesterday was that one of my MOCs had been completely smashed to pieces, was quite a puzzle getting it together again, and ended up with a few parts to spare too.. :sceptic:

Bummer! Glad to (finally) hear you arrived safely though. :thumbup:

Does it look anything like Plasmo's? :laugh:

mmmm tomato bread :laugh:

Vincent, about 8 of us are going to the Tuesday Cubs game with Scorpio, we are in the bleachers apparently, look for the tall ISC. :thumbup: Or PM Scorpio for his mobile no. to find us there.

I am stateside and heavily jet lagged, but about to try and rebuild everything.

What is wrong with tomato bread? :tongue:

I've contacted Cloneosaurus. I am at the Terrace Box, Aisle 215-1 Row 6 Seat 113.

How late should I be at the stadium?

And finished packing my two suitcases. Lots of parts, probably loads of the ones I wont need and few of the ones I have to have :wacko:! Now for the luggage crushing ceremonys at the airport tomorrow and a pick-up at the luggage carusel in Chicago where brightly colored ABS plastic parts will go round and round and round and ........

Looking forward to meeting everybody again - See ya soon :sweet:!

No one has alluded to it yet, but during these events, am I right in guessing that the nearby PaB wall (Northbrook) would be obliterated by AFOLs who actually stack their bricks? Do I have to resort to the other three (or four, LEGOLAND-style PaB in Schaumburg too) walls just to be safe?

Also, Deep Dish pizza - no one brought that up yet! :laugh:

Also, Deep Dish pizza - no one brought that up yet! :laugh:

Stash and I have conferred and our annual Eurobricks pizza dinner is on for Saturday night. What I need everyone to do is see me at my castle display. As long as it doesn't fall apart again it should be easy to find. :blush: It is gold and dark blue hexagonal castle. The accompanying city is 24 feet long. My name is Dale so please come introduce yourself. I am looking forward to putting a face to some of the names on Eurobricks.

Come by at 4pm... or earlier is fine too. The cost is a mere 5$ for the pizza. I will pick up any extra expense this year. Please bring your own drinks as I am not sure I can fit my big cooler in the van with all of the LEGO. Also let me know what type of pizza you like so we have an idea of what to order. Pizza usually arrives at around 6 ish.

What did you think he meant by pizza dinner? :laugh:

What did you think he meant by pizza dinner? :laugh:

I don't know, it could have been a Domino's >___>; Either way I'd be glad to participate!

Only the best Chicago Deep Dish for Eurobricks friends. Stash does the hookup with the ordering, and it is fantastic every year!

I've got so much building to do I will not sleep much the next 3 nights...

Safe travels Mike hope your creations survive. Looking forward to what you guys built this year.

Its coming down to the wire. I'm still waiting on a FedEx shipment (that was supposed to be here last week) to finish a few MOCs and I'll be done.

No one has alluded to it yet, but during these events, am I right in guessing that the nearby PaB wall (Northbrook) would be obliterated by AFOLs who actually stack their bricks? Do I have to resort to the other three (or four, LEGOLAND-style PaB in Schaumburg too) walls just to be safe?

Last year it was not bad at all. I only went to Northbrook (because as a dumb noob I thought that was the only one not in Chicago itself). They actually had sorta set up a second PAB area in the center of the store and it was great. By I think Saturday all the "awesome" stuff was gone, but I did get some great stuff Thurs and Fri.

Its coming down to the wire. I'm still waiting on a FedEx shipment (that was supposed to be here last week) to finish a few MOCs and I'll be done.

Wow, counting on FedEx...brave man.

Last year it was not bad at all. I only went to Northbrook (because as a dumb noob I thought that was the only one not in Chicago itself). They actually had sorta set up a second PAB area in the center of the store and it was great. By I think Saturday all the "awesome" stuff was gone, but I did get some great stuff Thurs and Fri.

Glad to know that---it seems they are well aware of waves of AFOL around this time.

Still, I drive from the south and it wouldn't hurt me to check out Woodfield or Orland Park on the way to Wheeling.

Woodfield's PAB is stocked with whatever I could get that was available. I have a secondary display already in the middle of the store...took care of it before I left today and then linked a pic on Facebook. My phone won't stop beeping!

made it to chicago tonight, long 12 hour drive no major problems. Went to the lego store in the northbrook mall got a few sets and was very impressed with the PaB, looking for one thing that they did not have out, I asked and they went and looked for me, great service! they had extra items out in addition to what was on the actual wall, some cool ones that I saw that I have never seen on a wall before was old style horses, lots of round trans bricks and cones, swords, all sorts of good stuff.

I met Bryan tonight also he was walking out to dinner, cool to meet him and hopefully get to meet a few more eurobrick people here. My girlfriend and I are here so if you see some newbies with a southern accent walking around say hi.

Wow, Polish Guy. And I was worried that I wouldn't have room for my relatively small little MOC in the car.

I'm all packed. Setting out in the morning. :sweet:

OMG ITS EARLY

7338909030_3b94c36e98_o.gif

See everyone in several hours....

I'll be in the monster cookie tshirt.

Bring cookies.

Happy Brickworld everyone.

I did not get the shipments in to finish what I wanted but it was a relief not to have to build all night long. Everything I am bringing is 100% complete the way I want it for the first time ever. Now to just get it there safely...

See everyone tonight? Not 100% sure I can make it up to the opening ceremony.

My girlfriend and I are here so if you see some newbies with a southern accent walking around say hi.

If all else fails, head over to the EB collaborative display and you'll find plenty of people to say hi to! Plus there might be other good reasons too... :look:

I'm all packed. Setting out in the morning. :sweet:

Safe journey, give us all a shout when you get here! :sweet:

Bring cookies.

You bring cookies! :angry:

We have cookies! :grin: Safe journey for you too, and also let us know when you get here. :sweet:

I'm rotting away at work, boo. I'll be leaving at 4am Chicago time Thursday morning for my 10 hour drive.