I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Yes, there is room in all the guilds except Avalonia. Hope you join :classic:

Edit: A question for the judges, I'm making a castle for my character as a free build. Would it be alright to use it in the third challenge as well? Just to show my character bringing the gem back there etc.

Edited by soccerkid6

I guess everyone missed my question above because I added it in to the old post. So I'll ask again :laugh:

I made a castle for my character as a free build, would it be alright to show some scenes involving the castle for the 3rd challenge?

I guess everyone missed my question above because I added it in to the old post. So I'll ask again :laugh:

I made a castle for my character as a free build, would it be alright to show some scenes involving the castle for the 3rd challenge?

That's fine, it was our fault for missing it :blush:

Good question.

I would think as long as the it's part of the lead up or story telling it should be okay. Like having your character talk about going off to the quest or something.

Also it would be probably best if you didn't linger too long in castle discussing - this is suppose to be a BUILD challenge.

But if you did it so that the crystal was hidden inside the castle - that would get you a DQ as well as a facepalm. :laugh:

Hey guys!

I am new at Eurobricks and Guilds of Historica was actually the reason I signed in here. I have watched a lot of the Guilds of Historica creations in the past and I feel the game is very well-organized and would be great fun to join. I haven't chosen a certain guild yet, but when seeing this thread I wanted to ask:

Is there a chance of getting into Avalonia again in the next time?

I guess the reason you closed it for the moment was that it has the most members and I really see the problem with it. I am not about to get into the guild with the most members because I think it is the strongest, most successful, coolest, whatever. What I found when trying to get into all the guild's color schemes is, that my part collection fits Avalonia the most. Whereas my collection of medieval minifigures is not really big I own a 109 men army of dragon knights (which I found to occur in most Avalonia creations) which I plan to definitely use in future MOCs (which also shows in the colors of houses etc. and therefore shows in the color of parts I have bought and will buy).

Please don't get me wrong, what I want to say is that I don't hope for an answer like "hey, we wrote this for no reason and you should just ignore it", but I would be happy with a brief answer if and when it will be possible to join Avalonia again. I would really love to join Guilds of Historica, but I am very unsure about putting money in new parts and minifigs when I already own a collection of these dragon guys and dark green stuff.

Yours, blue banana

I really could tell Avalonia is open again.

So welcome. :classic:

Welcome aboard, its not a hard and fast rule per see, just a means of filling the other guilds up a little more to even out the fun.

I wonder if I'm the only one that was desperately building yesterday to make the challenge 3 deadline today April 28th. I was double checking the crystal color this morning in the Challenge 3 post when I saw the correct deadline. :blush:

I wonder if I'm the only one that was desperately building yesterday to make the challenge 3 deadline today April 28th. I was double checking the crystal color this morning in the Challenge 3 post when I saw the correct deadline. :blush:

There has been a two week extension to maximise entries.

There has been a two week extension to maximise entries.

Yeah, so that makes me WAY off with my thoughts of an April 15th deadline. Nothing like last minute effort to really get your build going though :tongue:

Hey all, I'm wondering if I'm able to join one of these guilds even though there's a contest going on. I know I haven't been active on this site in quite a while, but I'm looking for a fresh start. I have a good collection of castle and my building schedule for this year will be centered around the castle theme. Which guild do you think I'll be good in?

Hey all, I'm wondering if I'm able to join one of these guilds even though there's a contest going on. I know I haven't been active on this site in quite a while, but I'm looking for a fresh start. I have a good collection of castle and my building schedule for this year will be centered around the castle theme. Which guild do you think I'll be good in?

Ofcourse! You can always join and it's not all about the challenges. :wink: And I do welcome you to the Mitgardian guild! Check out: Mitgardia We surely could use a Dragon Master!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Not only because I think you're an amazing builder, but also because at the moment Mitgardia could use new members, that you should join Mitgardia!

Your great dragons and nice rockworks are easily applied to the high mountains of Mitgardia.

Ecclesiastes haha yeah, I think without building even one moc, stormbringer could allready have the title Dragon Master of Mitgardia/Avalonia/Nocturnus/Kaliphlin :laugh:

Edited by Blaze

Yes, you can definitely join at any time we are always welcoming new members! All of the guilds are currently open. Kaliphlin would gladly welcome a new builder to our ranks. We are the southern 'tribe' of the desert and promote learning and commerce amongst many other things.

I've been doing some thinking and is the Avalonia guild still open to new memebers? If not I'll happily join Mitgardia, but I only have a short supply of white.

I've been doing some thinking and is the Avalonia guild still open to new memebers? If not I'll happily join Mitgardia, but I only have a short supply of white.

You're a dragon man you should join Nocturnus, we have the least members and the best land for creative castle building...over here, over here, pick me! :grin:

@Stormbringer - we've tried to create a world where anyone can join anywhere regardless of the colour of their brick. The centeral part of hhistorica is your classic castle space. And as you get farther away the more you get into each guilds specific geoographical features - sand in south, mountains and snow in the north, rivers and forests in the west and gloomy mountains and swamp in the east.

And there is no reason you can't builld near the center and give it some flair from the guikd you choose.

What's important is your take or interptation of whichever guild you choose in these lands. And knowing your work - I'm sure you'll excel anywhere you go.

@Darkdragon - as loing as its a backdrop and not a replacement for building... Go nuts!

Did we really just lost the battle for Stormbringer to that green bunch of Susans and Sallies? What a shame :tongue:

Good luck in the forests Storm, if you ever feel like partying with the big boys, you know where we at!

just one question, does the guardian have to be brickbuild? Or can I take a preexisting best of the LEGO universe if it makes sense to my moc?