KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

- 60 assorted battle packs (mostly Hoth ones)

- 5 sets with the taun-taun

- 5 sets with the wampa

- 200 AT-ST drivers from BL

Last Kmart within 50 miles from my place:

5 Wampa sets $27.20 each and 2 snowtroopers BP $8 each. THey also had rebel BP but they were 11.99 and not on sale like other Kmart.

That brings to total of 13 wampa cave sets and more than 30 of each BP. Clearance sales + bonus 20% off "clearance sale" sale are very nice.

Last Kmart within 50 miles from my place:

5 Wampa sets $27.20 each and 2 snowtroopers BP $8 each. THey also had rebel BP but they were 11.99 and not on sale like other Kmart.

That brings to total of 13 wampa cave sets and more than 30 of each BP. Clearance sales + bonus 20% off "clearance sale" sale are very nice.

OMG! 13 Wampas? are there so many in Hoth?

but the snowtroopers do look a steal! :thumbup:

OMG! 13 Wampas? are there so many in Hoth?

Canon? No one knows, but surely there had to be more than a couple for that missing scene of wampas getting locked inside the base, and later them attacking snowtroopers.

but the snowtroopers do look a steal! :thumbup:

Defiantly. At $2 per fig + free parts, BL can't match this deal at all.

The last three months i bought all 2010 and 2011 Star Wars models and i'm halfway 2009 now. After i have 2009, 2010, 2011 complete i will start assambly.

Not to many purchaces this month but some good buys. :classic:

5 WolfPack Clone Trooper

56 CW plain Trooper

2 Shadow ARF (these were a very nice price )

7264 Imperial Inspection used with box (means I can save my unopened one)

2 Separatist Proton Cannon from the Geonosis set. Parts only no minifigs.

7676 Republic Gunship

7662 MTT

That's funny, 7128 was my second SW set, I still have one scout trooper and the other incomplete scout trooper left, but where they used to be white, they have a nasty yellow color all over their helmets and torso. :sad:

Hay Hollander, for your yellowing Lego I would try this: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/08/30/how-to-clean-yellowed-lego-bricks-to-make-classic-space-sets-look-new-news/

I havent tryed it but it looks like it will work.

I finally decided to order the death star from S@H today, but the order is now listed as "In customer service." Has anyone had that order status come up before? does it mean I waited too long before ordering it and they're going to cancel?

Did you get funny looks from the sellers? :tongue:

I took advantage of TRUs BOGO 90% off. Bought 2 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder(anyone need Barriss Offee, PM me) and another 7929 Battle of Naboo.

i need barriss offee

I got one of the new 7962 Podracer Sets without Minifigures on ebay for 23€. I might get another one with Minifigs in the future, but at the moment getting useful pieces for my growing collection is my first concern, so I think I got a pretty good deal on that one. There's an abundance of nice colours and especially greebly bits, that will come in handy in future MOCs.

Also: first post on these wonderful forums, yay! :blush:

I got one of the new 7962 Podracer Sets without Minifigures on ebay for 23€. I might get another one with Minifigs in the future, but at the moment getting useful pieces for my growing collection is my first concern, so I think I got a pretty good deal on that one. There's an abundance of nice colours and especially greebly bits, that will come in handy in future MOCs.

Also: first post on these wonderful forums, yay! :blush:

very good deal, but if you buy minifigs by themselves you'll spend even more than original price.

very good deal, but if you buy minifigs by themselves you'll spend even more than original price.

That depends on whether you want the minifigs. Or if you want the pieces. If you don't want the 'figs, it's cheaper to buy the set without them. If you don't want the pieces, most of the time you pay less money for the individual 'figs than for the whole set, even if the price per piece is much higher. Besides, he said if he was going to get the minifigs, he planned on buying a second copy of the set, since he was aiming to build up his parts collection.

Ordered another Death Star playset which is my fourth. My Lego ordering has been out of control in the last few days.

What!?Why the hell would you want 4 death stars?

Do you keep them MISB?

I got the Geonosian Starfighter and also Slave 1 most recently. Slave 1 in Aus is a whopping $150 which is ridiculous since US price is $80 and the AUD is now worth more than the USD. Luckily, I found a 'clearance' item for that exact price (the box was a little ravaged, but I don't care).

What!?Why the hell would you want 4 death stars?

Do you keep them MISB?

I learnt from the Emperor's mistakes. Pesky rebels will not stand a chance this time :devil:

Yes I keep them MISB. I will make one of them one day for myself, one for my son and the others until I decide what to do with them. If I see a bargain I just buy.

If I see a bargain I just buy.

I'm a bit like that, which is why I've not got the Death Star yet - keep spending my money on other Lego bargains. But do you mind me asking where you got a bargain on the DS?

Thinking about buying 'Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker' but I'm not sure.

It's still 240 euros...

For that money I can buy Republic Frigate, Battle for Geonosis, Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, Geonosian Starfighter and still have 20 euros left to spend on something else!

I have neither of the mentioned sets so it's 1 set vs 4 sets and some change.

Any suggestions are welcome.

(and 'buy them all!' is not a suggestion ;-) )

I'm a bit like that, which is why I've not got the Death Star yet - keep spending my money on other Lego bargains. But do you mind me asking where you got a bargain on the DS?

Keep an eye on Ebay, that's where I got mine about a month ago for $370 shipped. :wink:

Few weeks ago I finally got the Battle of Endor, after you guys all here helped me decide, thanks all. Got the Separatist Shuttle in the same order as well to cut back on shipping. This week I got Home One set, and loving it as well, It looks great on the shelf. Guess that completes my 2009 wanted list just in time.

Edited by Stegoceras

I finally got the Death Star playset. I haven't started building it yet, but this weekend I will be very busy. :thumbup::grin:

I picked up a complete Death Star last week for $275.00. Built once and displayed, I thought it was a good deal.