Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I got mine title since I started building a castle for every faction I have. That would be 13. I had 2 more to go when this guild thing came up! Now I´m hooked on this instead! :laugh:

I got mine title since I started building a castle for every faction I have. That would be 13. I had 2 more to go when this guild thing came up! Now I´m hooked on this instead! :laugh:

Yes... and we will be needing many an architect to build the capital. I hope you saved some gray bricks!

My lord, despite the shortage of stone on the Isle of Bricdocton, my men have persevered in constructing outposts along the roads, using the trees to their advantage and making the best use of our resources. :classic:

6427716547_674242ee3c_b.jpg

Zcerebus, and others

I have read all threads regarding the new kingdom the factions and MOCS and I can see there are so many different techniques to building. I find that it can be quite challenging to build these with a small selection of parts, especially if they are a myriad of different colours that don't quite fit. I am going to look at placing some orders each month to build on this through brick link, but I want to be building towards the theme for Avalonia, therefore i nee to know what sort of bricks to be buying.

ZCerebus, you mentioned that you want to start "Re-building" the capital, have we chosen a image for everyone's designs to work within? Or are we allowing everyone to build whatever they like? I would imagine that the city has some form of common look and theme to it. The images at the beginning of this thread are quite broad.

I see a lot of similarity between the watch towers of Avalonia and Mitigardia, what seems to differ the most is the scenery they are placed in. Especially when they are all made of stone. I guess what I am asking is, is there going to be a push towards a shade of brick colour or a look and feel towards the creation of Avalonian architecture???

Personally, I like the idea of Avalonia architecture looking somewhat reminiscent of the buildings within the PC game ANNO 1404. See below links for images.

1. http://www.google.com.au/search?q=anno+1404+Bailiwick&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=DYa&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=uY7VTtPNJfGuiQeD-8zyDg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1525&bih=712

2. http://anno1404.wikia.com/wiki/Debtor%27s_prison

There is a definable commonalty between these buildings in their style, however they mostly retain their individual uniqueness.

How does the realm feel about this?

Personally, I like the idea of Avalonia architecture looking somewhat reminiscent of the buildings within the PC game ANNO 1404. See below links for images.

1. http://www.google.com.au/search?q=anno+1404+Bailiwick&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=DYa&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=uY7VTtPNJfGuiQeD-8zyDg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1525&bih=712

2. http://anno1404.wikia.com/wiki/Debtor%27s_prison

There is a definable commonalty between these buildings in their style, however they mostly retain their individual uniqueness.

How does the realm feel about this?

Those are good reference pictures! They definitely hit on the look and feel of the Eastern region's architecture and style (despite not much being built yet.) I have a strong feeling the Guild Leaders were chosen for their specific guilds because of their own building style. So, I'd say use Derfel's wonderful medieval building tutorial as a guide when attempting to construct your MOCs. (Not saying you should copy him! Just use it as inspiration! :laugh: )

We haven't set anything in stone (pardon the pun) for the capital yet. Derfel simple said he wants the capital rebuilt and he wants it to be mighty. I am inclined to believe there are plenty of buildings in the capital city that can be as unique as you want. I don't know the details or assignments, but those with fewer parts and more color variety should be able to find something to help build the capital, even if they have limited bricks. I would simply suggest those with fewer gray bricks pick something other than a tower or gatehouse or what not to build when we sort out how the capital build will progress. I am sure Derfel does not want to exclude anyone simply because they are not as loaded with bricks as others.

I would also stress the "main" challenges presented by the history moderators are more important for earning our guild points, so if you are looking to devote extra resources to gaining bricks, I would wait to see what those challenges have to bring. Remember, the biggest MOC is not always the best. I really think Brickdoctor's MOC tower is one of the better ones we've seen and it is certainly not too brick intensive.

Those are good reference pictures! They definitely hit on the look and feel of the Eastern region's architecture and style (despite not much being built yet.) I have a strong feeling the Guild Leaders were chosen for their specific guilds because of their own building style. So, I'd say use Derfel's wonderful medieval building tutorial as a guide when attempting to construct your MOCs. (Not saying you should copy him! Just use it as inspiration! :laugh: )

Good call Jason- Derfel's style is very much what I would say we are going with. It is no secret our guild has its roots in Arthurian legend, so we are a very mystical, strong guild with what is hopefully going to be a grand capital. I also think the kingdom of Rohan from Lord of the Rings has a similar feel and color palate to what we are doing (plus they are horse people), but that is my opinion.

Far be it for a Kaliphlin guildmember to tell you Avalonians what style to build in, but it seems to me that Avalonia is the area with the least amount of stone and the most timber of all the guildlands. So I would imagine your buildings, especially non-fortifications, to be mostly brown timber, palisades, or half-timbered styles. Rohan from LoTR is probably a great model.

Same thing with tags. I don't know when I got the MOC expert one, and I SHOULD have a Classic-Pirates Crew tag, but those are also given, by the powers that be.

in other words, I should be happy that I am a "citizen" and not a "lady" :devil::devil:

In the western region of Avalonia lies a great Enchanted Forest, known to be the home of the Avalonian Elves. On one of Mattheus travels through the region he once encountered the Elven princess. She is know to be the rebellious daughter of the High King of the Elves. Their encounter was the first step to friendship. They stumbled upon each other near the ruins an old Elven gate, out of use since the Elves decided to move deeper into the forest a long time ago.

6430174571_33fe029e74_z.jpg

With this creation I apply for the High King of the Elves title.

Eurobricks topic

I made it on Sunday, but only now had the time to upload the pictures. Parts for my watchtower have still to be ordered, but I still have hope to have it finished before the deadline. :tongue:

Those cannot be changed by the member, the mystical powers that be at Eurobricks can change them. I would never request a title or a title change, they just sorta come and go when a memeber does something cool and a moderator etc. feels like they need a title. Same thing with tags. I don't know when I got the MOC expert one, and I SHOULD have a Classic-Pirates Crew tag, but those are also given, by the powers that be.

The irony of this post ;)

Congratulations on your newest Tag/Title :laugh:

[Your Trebuchet is AWESOME!]

The finest Black Liquors are currently on the way from Kaliphlin capital to celebrate!

in other words, I should be happy that I am a "citizen" and not a "lady" :devil::devil:

Yes, titles are a special thing, they should be treated as sign of appreciation. Even if sometimes they're not as 'flattering' as they seem :tongue:

Well with exception of "Fellow" or "MODERATOR", your "group" as in Citizen, Knight, Duke etc. comes via number of posts.

I do think you should be happy your title is "Master Drow Builder" and not "Grateful he is not a Lady" though.

Edited by ZCerberus

Master Artorious Rex, Leo Aragon hereby signs up for Avalonia Guild

I quit Kaliphin as I did not have the right pieces (I.e POP style bricks)

My Hero is in my signature.

I am so sorry I have not been able to contribute much to Avalonia. Hopefully this weekend I will have at least two things up for our great guild!

My Hero is in my signature.

Ohoho! We have our first spy! Now you have to tell us all about Kalphins defences! :wink:

Congratulations on your newest Tag/Title :laugh:

[Your Trebuchet is AWESOME!]

Sweet! Thank you. I Love the new tag. We have shields for everything!

The finest Black Liquors are currently on the way from Kaliphlin capital to celebrate!

Black Liquors... If it weren't for our good relationship with Kaliphlin, I would need to have the liquor tested for poison. Still- perhaps a guildsman will volunteer to take a swig just in case.

I still would test it. Dextrus Flagg is a sly man.Kaliphin's defences are weak however.

We should not fear Kalaphlin, even if you are a traitor, for we have a strong alliance with them. From what I have seen, Dextrus Flagg is a very hounorable man and would never stoop to the levels of the Nocturnians and try to poison someone, especially not from Avalonia.

We should not fear Kalaphlin, even if you are a traitor,

I am no traitor. I was wondering the desert, after waking up without remembering anything but the name of my sword. They then approached me, tried to enslave me. The sword started Talking to me, Telling me what to do. The Draken Saber told me to swing it in an Arc. I did, and the Draken came in an inferno killing them all. The saber is fiery chaos. And I love it.

My Lord,

the Honour Guard of the little princess is ready for battle. The are well trained and the tailors finished the flags with the design made by de Gothia.

honour_guard_roviks_01.jpg

honour_guard_roviks_02.jpg

İ think there should be sand green instead of tan - in fact it is sandgreen in official torso decal. So i prefer using the original one. But it is a good clean work well done anyway.

Yeah you are more or less right. So I've started to create two new decals based on the de Gothia design and using yout C&C, too.

torso_avalonia_03.jpgtorso_avalonia_04.jpg

Yeah you are more or less right. So I've started to create two new decals based on the de Gothia design and using yout C&C, too.

torso_avalonia_03.jpgtorso_avalonia_04.jpg

A little off topic, I love your torso decals! Does this forum have a post full of decals for the different Lego factions? I would like to get a few satchel torsos with symbols behind them (such as the one you have made, only for the lion knights.) You are doing a great service to your guild! Over at Kaliphlin, we are a rag tag bunch, so we don't have need for uniforms outside of the capital, however you Avalonians look spiffy!

Artorious Rex, we have sorry to have lost your way with us. I was very much looking forward to helping find and rebuild your lost empire.

We bid you farewell, and you shall always be welcome at my table.

While the Desert area does make up a large portion of our realm - the peripheral areas which you might have inhabited might have been more to your liking and your brick collection.

We should not fear Kalaphlin, even if you are a traitor, for we have a strong alliance with them. From what I have seen, Dextrus Flagg is a very hounorable man and would never stoop to the levels of the Nocturnians and try to poison someone, especially not from Avalonia.

It is true, we have very strong allegiance to our friends from the east. But in these times of unease - as a friend to another, do take the proper precautions - as not all is as it seems.

And I'm an honourable Dwarf!

Dextrus Flagg.