Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I wonder if we might get some sets based on the Disney rides as well as sets from the movies...there are all kinds of scenes from the ride that would make great small LEGO sets, and even the larger set pieces like the pirate ship are of a small enough scale that they could be done effectively at a lower price point than the film vessels.

TC

I strongly doubt that, so far all licensed themes represent scenes from the movies themselves and not from the extended universe.

I strongly doubt that, so far all licensed themes represent scenes from the movies themselves and not from the extended universe.

Not always. SW has had some sets from the Expanded Universe, like 7664-1 TIE Crawler, 7672 Rogue Shadow, and 8087 TIE Defender.

That being said, I don't think there is enough expanded universe backbone for PoTC. Unlike SW, which has a HUGE expanded universe, spanning comics, movies, shows, and other mediums, such as video games. :pir-classic:

Here are the first real pictures unfortunately done.

But the start.

pictures of a Dutch toy store

http://www.degrotespeelgoedwinkel.nl/sc12-607/lego/pirates-of-the-caribbean.html

Greetings from

LEGOMILK :pir_laugh2:

Still prelims, but pictures of the QAR are here! :pir_laugh2: The sail color looks ugly, :pir-hmpf_bad: but the picture is still very small and it's hard to see any other details.

Hopefully we'll get some HD finalized pics sometime in the very near future. :pir-classic:

Thanks 'legomilk' for the link......now we really start talking eh ?

First, the Queen Anne is beautiful with those sails and White Cap Bay comes with a light brick for the light house.....okay, so this might do better than TS3 and PoP put together.

Brick On Everyone ! :pir-sweet:

Hmm these don't say "Preliminary" on them but the figures sure look like prototypes. (The soldiers have the 2009 Soldier torsos on and I sure hope that changes as I had high hopes for redcoats in the theme. :pir-sceptic:

The QAR looks great although there are a lot of skulls and bone pieces, and ... ZOMBIES!! :pir-wub:

Queen Anne's Revenge looks great. I can't wait for more detailed pics.

Edited by prateek

Thanks a lot! I already see a fantastic looking globe on set 4191 :pir-classic:

Yes I just spotted this as well, I wonder how they'll do the printing on it. :pir-oh:

These are definitely preliminary; one of the mermaids has a yellow torso. :pir-grin:

I personally like the red sails on the QAR because it gives it a nice crimson glow, and there isn't a giant cartoony skull on them .

QAR looks interesting, but not knock my socks off amazing, especially for the price. I think the more interesting sets out of this are London Escape and Whitefishcap Bay, both of which I'm enthusiastic about picking up!!

Edited by Dhivael

I like the globe in the one set and the Queen Anne's Revenge looks like its about the same size as the imperial flagship. If the pearl is supposed to be even bigger I can't wait to see it later this year. I hope they release one of the english warships too. Maybe next year they will release more potc sets.

Looking most forward to the world globe in set 4191

worldglobe4191potc.png

Other then that, well there are alot of great things but the picture are to small to tell.

I cant wait to see some bigger pictures, maybe then I would be more impressed.

Let's see.

Captain's Cabin: :pir-classic:

A nice new globe, 2 generic pirates, some very nice furniture, (possibly) 2 new bottle pieces, a new quill?, = win. I hope it can fit into the QAR.

Cannibal Escape: :pir-sweet:

Bone cage, 2 natives, motherload of brown/dark tan/dark green = NICE.

Fountain of Youth: :pir-sceptic:

Kinda weird. I love all those trans blue, and redcoat Barbossa is nice, but I'm not seeing anything very special here.

Isla de le Muerta: :pir-classic:

The whole gang, Barbossa/skelle Barbossa, all those rocks 'n' gold and what looks like a new piece on top of the chest is nice.

London Escape: :pirate:

Kinda nice. The building is horribly bland, but the carts are nice. If the redcoats are new, then yay. But I wonder who that last fig is? Gibbs and Jack, yes, but who else?

The Mill: :pir-look:

Dunno. Nice pieces. Cool figs. Not much else.

Whitecap Bay: :pir-oh:

Great!!!! Abundance of great parts, seemingly 4 exclusive figs, a lighthouse, and 2 nets is pure win.

Queen Anne's Revenge: :pir-grin:

Very nice. Nice sails, great dark brown/red bits, and it's seemingly quite large.

There's some really cool stuff in those pictures. I can't wait to see some better photos, with the final minifigs. The QAR looks a lot better than I thought it would.

From what I have seen, it looks like White Cap bay has two Mermaids and a translated description of the Black Pearl sound like were getting the Undead version.

Are they allowed to put preliminary pictures on their store website? I doubt it... these images won't stay up for long.

That Whitecap Bay set, does it look like it might be modular in the same way that Soldier's Fort was? And if so, are they likely to be compatible?

I'm trying to figure out if the QAR has a deck like the IF, of it it's just one level like every other pirate ship. Also, I think the captain's cabin might potentially fit inside the QAR, which would be nice.

Is that a new bottle piece in the captain's cabin and being held by the stagecoach driver in London? My pirate ship is going to load up with rum if that's the case.

Edited by David Thomsen

I was able to download the pictures in microsoft word and microsoft picture manager.

Here is how you can download the pictures in case somebody doesn't know how to.

Go to the link with the pictures and then click on the picture to get the description.

After that click on the zoom picture function to get a higher resolution of the picture.

Now highlight the picture and right click next to the picture. A little menu should come up.

Click copy on the menu and then open up microsoft word.

Click paste in microsoft word.

You can now zoom in and out of the picture and you can even copy it to microsoft picture manager if you have that. I hope this helps. :pir-classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

But I wonder who that last fig is? Gibbs and Jack, yes, but who else?

Could it be a Keith Richards figures, Captain Teague? He is seen in the preview, but I really don't know in what context, so it probably isn't. But you never know. This sort of Licensed theme often has a lot of minor characters in it. Just look at PoP (or Speed Racer).

This theme is looking great. Seems that LEGO is doing the "must put main character in every set" thing again, but that's ok. Jack is pretty cool figure, judging from that picture from ages ago.

I'm loving those smaller sets, Cannibal Escape and down. It's a shame that the Captain's Cabin seems to contain two generic pirates, but hopefully they'll each be uniquely printed like all of the different PoP Hassansins.

Are the figures in the Fountain of Youth set supposed to be Jack, Barbossa, and Blackbeard? It seems that way, but I'm not sure.

I can't wait to see the more finalized versions of these figures, especially to find out what skeleton Barbossa will be like. I'd bet he will look pretty neat.

Great find thank you !

Love the little set ! :pir-sweet:

See redcoat, I hope a new torso !

The house from Escape of London is perfect for create a city or village ! Can combine with the wave 2 of kingdom !

Could it be a Keith Richards figures, Captain Teague? He is seen in the preview, but I really don't know in what context, so it probably isn't. But you never know. This sort of Licensed theme often has a lot of minor characters in it. Just look at PoP (or Speed Racer).

I'm loving those smaller sets, Cannibal Escape and down. It's a shame that the Captain's Cabin seems to contain two generic pirates, but hopefully they'll each be uniquely printed like all of the different PoP Hassansins.

Are the figures in the Fountain of Youth set supposed to be Jack, Barbossa, and Blackbeard? It seems that way, but I'm not sure.

Teague is in it? Cool. It might be...

I like that there are some generic pirates, otherwise they'd all be mix and matches of the other figs. :pir-laugh:

The descriptions we have all point to those people, and I hope so. :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie

I believe I see a new bottle piece in the London set. :pir-wub: The globe looks excellent too.

Did anyone notice this whole "poster inside" thing? I wonder if they'll be cool posters like the old pirates sets, but they'll probably be something less interesting.

Overall, the line looks pretty good. However, it does look like they are a few weaker sets. I'll have to see the final pictures before I decided which to get, but the Isla de la Muerte and the Fountain sets look pretty good for their sizes.

Not always. SW has had some sets from the Expanded Universe, like 7664-1 TIE Crawler, 7672 Rogue Shadow, and 8087 TIE Defender.

That being said, I don't think there is enough expanded universe backbone for PoTC. Unlike SW, which has a HUGE expanded universe, spanning comics, movies, shows, and other mediums, such as video games. :pir-classic:

That's what I was thinking of when I suggested items from the ride (there are a few more too)...although the ride is different from the Star Wars expanded universe in that it's actually the primary source for the movies (the ride did come first, after all), and is far more iconic as far as pop culture goes than anything from the Star Wars expanded universe. POTC has a small expanded universe itself, but I wouldn't call the ride part of it, really. If nothing else, I could see a set being sold in the theme parks exclusively, or something.

Oh, and WOW, pictures!!! The Queen Ann's Revenge is far, far more impressive than I thought it would be even in the preliminary pictures...even if it's not filled out on the inside, it looks awesome, and four cannons is nothing to sneeze it. That's an incredible number of sails for a LEGO pirate ship too. I think this one just jumped up my "must have list" faster than any of the other sets. I'm also excited about the captain's cabin set...I'm going to want at least three so that all the factions can have their own globes and bottles and shelves, and I can use the extra zombie pirates to crew the Queen's Ann's Revenge. :pir-grin:

TC