Bonaparte

LEGO Pirates - Part Requests

Interesting.

I think more livestock, weapons, accessories and globes are good ideas. On the last page, though, one of the suggested items to return was the old skeleton. If I'm not wrong, isn't the older skeleton in some sets?

Ooh, I got a credit. :pir-blush: Although the jewel looks kind of small now, and I should have drawn the base as well... never mind. I'm happy people like it. :pir_laugh2:

Great presentation, good to see that so many ideas made the final cut.

Keep up the good work folks, and hats off to Bonaparte for giving us a strong and organized voice! :pir_laugh2:

I'm surprised there weren't more requests for more variation among the minifigures. Maybe a few distinctions between the officer's uniforms and the foot soldiers would be great. Also perhaps some smaller ships than $100+ dollar sets?

Bonaparte, very nice presentation mate. Hopefully they will consider some parts.

Great presentation, with some lovely ideas in it. I especially like the globe and sacks. Would be great to have those parts! :thumbup:

I also agree with one of your final pages, in which you mention some parts that aren't made anymore such as the palm tree parts, compasses and brown chests.

I don't mean to bump an old thread but since the last post was made here the POTC line was released and we saw most of these suggestions used between the POTC line and the newest castle line. Would it be possible for us to start working on another one of these requests since the first one got such a good response? Here is a list of some of my suggestions.

1. In the next line of pirates the imperial soldiers should have more torsos for the officers and maybe stripes on their arms showing rank. example My link

2.Swivel guns and mortars

3.Include some common sailors on the imperial ships instead of just the captain and imperial soldiers

4.More civilians

5.Star wars theme has exclusive sets every year. How about an exclusive ship released every year for the pirate theme. Example 2012:Spanish Galleon. 2013:British Frigate. 2014:Dutch Fluyt. They don't even have to be nationality specific they could just release a galleon or frigate with generic looks and minifigs.

6.Bring back accessory packs

7.Release more battle packs like the castle theme has had the last couple years

8.Bayonets that can attach to the current guns

9.drum that attaches to the minifig like the backpack and hangs in front of the minifig maybe this could be introduced in the form of a high school band drummer in the collectible minifig series or it could be put on a new imperial ship to represent some one beating to quarters example drummer example

10.Introduce some new hats like these example1example2example3example4

11.More different colored Imperial soldiers instead of just the red and blue coats how about green,yellow,and white coats.

Edited by mobricki

Just wanted to point out that series 8 of the Collectible Minifigures Series brings with it . . . lace collars! :wub_drool: Didn't know if it warranted a new topic, but I figured I would post it in here in case some pirates don't come in through the frontpage (I usually don't).

250px-Thespian_S8.png

I definitely need to get some of these. :pir-wub:

Edited by Skipper

LOL is that supposed to be Hamlet? I think lace collars would be a fine new addition to their line of accessories, though I always seem to think of clowns when I see people with them. >.<

Hey thanks for bumping this thread, made me take a look at the presentation from 2010, which was very well done. I think the wigs and other minifig accessories would be great to add more variety to the Pirate world. One piece I miss is the old wooden doors with curved top, they looked great as a pair. Fingers crossed we don't have to wait several years for another Pirate theme.

I'm surprised the Shako didn't make it onto the list, I thought that was one of the most sought after Lego Pirate pieces.

I think it would be neat to see a female lego captain. Call her "BrickBonny" or something. Having one cannon per hatch included and some kind of secondary deck would also be swell. Seeing a legacy set like the Skull's Eye Schooner re-released would also be a treat, like the Barracuda was in 2k2 for those that lacked the parents/funds to score one at the time. But If I could only have one Lego Pirates request, it would be to see more actual sets be released. =( If Lego doesn't resume Classic Pirates to replace Caribbean, it's a good bet we won't see anything again for a decade, if ever.

I'm surprised the Shako didn't make it onto the list, I thought that was one of the most sought after Lego Pirate pieces.

The part requests were for new parts, not existing.

I think it would be neat to see a female lego captain. Call her "BrickBonny" or something.

Yeah, it's about time we had an official female LEGO Pirate Captain! :thumbup: