Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 13

Carefully... carefully... Arin, wouldn't you like me to go first?

Good thing I haven't stepped on that bridge! :tongue:

I have so few life points as it is, that I wouldn't survive falling into a gorge. :sad:

But by all means, go ahead! :laugh:

The precarious bridge walkers make it about one quarter of the way. The wind in the canyon is much stronger as the old wooden bridge almost seems to sway with each step. As they approach the middle section, it appears that the bridge seems to shift downward at a greater degree. More creaking can be heard from the weight on each plank of wood.

Suddenly, Brakes stops abruptly! A single plank of wood gives way and falls into the canyon. No one hears it land as it falls far into the ravine. Noticing that more planks seem to be missing along the bridge, Arin and Jim have stopped at a large opening. There's about a five to six foot distance without planks. The train rails are also missing from the section of bridge, with nothing to provide secure footing. Arin and Jim consider jumping but aren't sure if they should, or go back? :look:

Well, I'm glad I'm not on the bridge! I think I'll just see how everything pans out before I cross. :hmpf_bad:

And if I do cross the thing, I will be tying the rope to the tracks every few feet and the other end to me!

Well, I'm glad I'm not on the bridge! I think I'll just see how everything pans out before I cross. :hmpf_bad:

And if I do cross the thing, I will be tying the rope to the tracks every few feet and the other end to me!

I'm glad too partner. I say no one else gets on the bridge until the situation is assessed and these people have hopefully crossed.

*Yelling to group on bridge*

Perhaps a couple of yer group should first come back a bit, so yer weight is not concentrated all on that one there spot!

I could throw you, Arin. Or better yet, we could do that maneuver from that one movie. Everyone wrap the rope rails around their hands and ankles, and then Pete could go to the end of the line and chop the bridge with his axe, and we could climb up the wall.

I could throw you, Arin. Or better yet, we could do that maneuver from that one movie. Everyone wrap the rope rails around their hands and ankles, and then Pete could go to the end of the line and chop the bridge with his axe, and we could climb up the wall.

That sounds like a fail-safe plan :wub:

Brilliant!

See - Jimbee is innocent, all ye naysayers?

That sounds like a fail-safe plan :wub:

I sense a hint of sarcasm. :tongue: It may be risky, but we need to get over this bridge.

I sense a hint of sarcasm. :tongue: It may be risky, but we need to get over this bridge.

Except that the contact of hitting the side of the ravine with that amount of force would probably severely hurt everyone, assuming it doesn't outright kill us or cause us to loose our grip and fall to our deaths.

Except that the contact of hitting the side of the ravine with that amount of force would probably severely hurt everyone, assuming it doesn't outright kill us or cause us to loose our grip and fall to our deaths.

Do you know that firsthand from throwing bodies down there, Mayor? :hmpf_bad: You're bad too.

Cry me a river. Then build a new bridge so you can get over it. :tongue:

Do you know that firsthand from throwing bodies down there, Mayor? :hmpf_bad: You're bad too.

You know, in all seriousness, you've been blaming a lot of people lately, Herman. Is everybody a suspect? I suggest we hold the accusations, unless you have some good information to share with us concerning the town council and/ or it's members. Until then, we really need to solve this mystery before us.

I have an idea!

Why don't we all lie down and grab each other's arms and legs, to make some sort of human chain. Whoever is at the front must edge along to the next plank, thus forming a makeshift bridge.

One by one, we must send ourselves over each other, starting from the back. Then, once we are all across, we just pull whoever is at the front across :wink:

I think that should work.

We're minifigs, of course it'll work! Any objections?

*Note to The Brickster: In no part of the above post did I say I would like to step onto the bridge*

Jim, maybe we can hold hands and jump together. That would break poor Schmelt's heart but it might be the only way.

avbulldog.jpg

Looks like there's trouble on the bridge. They've all stopped. CRAP! Did you see that plank fall into the ravine?

I'm going to cross. They may need an extra hand.

Bulldog then begins walking across the bridge.

Later, the others arrive at the gap in the bridge...

Er... I just don't think it's a good idea. Can you honestly say that you feel cutting a rope bridge while we are all still on it is a smart thing to do?

Then again, in Indiana Jones all the good characters lived and all the bad guys died, so maybe it will work as a way to kill off all the council members. :tongue:

Bulldog continues to walk toward the others on the bridge, until he steps on the wrong plank :oh: . A loud creak is heard, then suddenly, a number of wooden planks come crashing down. Bulldog falls into the ravine with the wood from the bridge as his yelling becomes a faint whisper...

HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPpp p p . . .

avmcfarlin.jpg

Looks like ol' Bulldog's gonna meet Scruffy up there in Dawgie-ville. I think he's "bridge kill" now!

Jim, maybe we can hold hands and jump together. That would break poor Schmelt's heart but it might be the only way.

Well... okay. But this is completely platonic, and no funny business.

Then again, in Indiana Jones all the good characters lived and all the bad guys died, so maybe it will work as a way to kill off all the council members. :tongue:

:laugh:

Bulldog continues to walk toward the others on the bridge, until he steps on the wrong plank :oh: . A loud creak is heard, then suddenly, a number of wooden planks come crashing down. Bulldog falls into the ravine with the wood from the bridge as his yelling becomes a faint whisper...

HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPpp p p . . .

Oh my god! Bulldog!

:cry_sad: I didn't trust him, but he was a good guy. RIP, Bulldog.

There goes another one. This time it was a train passenger. Well, as they say, when the crowd gets thinner, the party gets better.

Now come back from that decayed bridge, you fools! It's obvious that it isn't our way out of this hellhole!

We have to think of a Plan... eh, what letter are we on? D? F? J? Let's just call it Plan Z, because it looks like we've run out of options here.

Is there any way we could climb down to the bottom, and climb back up on the other side? We could try making a pulley of sorts....

Bulldog! :cry_sad: I'm staying on THIS side of the bridge!

Oh no, Bulldog! :oh::sad: I've never lost a passenger on board one of my trains...except on that trip on the Orient Express. But they got the facts all wrong in the movies, it was all the little old lady!

Oh dear.

Well, at least those gators down there look like they're having a nice lunch.

Look at those jaws crunch! Oh, feisty!

*gives cold stares to the hand-holding Jimbee and Arin*

Is there any way we could climb down to the bottom, and climb back up on the other side? We could try making a pulley of sorts....

The sides toward the beginning of the bridge are definately too treacherous for climbing down.