Emperor Claudius Rome

Bluecoat in LEGO Battles trailer!

Did you consider the possibility - given that there are many 'old' not-updated themes represented in the game - that the game was designed before the 2009 Pirates line came out and that the original idea was to include blue coats in the new sets, but that this was later changed to red in the sets but not in the game?

This is an interesting possibility Rick.

However, we know the new red coats have been floating around since this time last year and I suspect changing the colour of the soldiers in LEGO Battles is something that could be accomplished months before the release of the game.

So perhaps the soldiers in LEGO battles were originally red but changed to blue after the release of the 2009 Pirate sets. :pir-grin:

Did you consider the possibility - given that there are many 'old' not-updated themes represented in the game - that the game was designed before the 2009 Pirates line came out and that the original idea was to include blue coats in the new sets, but that this was later changed to red in the sets but not in the game? The governor has the same torso in the game and the sets. If a line of blue coats was to be released, wouldn't they also change the blue coats governor's torso?

I'd really like a new line of blue coats, because I think the color scheme as seen in the game looks much better than the red coats that are in the Pirate sets now.

I hope you are wrong Rick! That is a very good point though

I hope you are wrong Rick! That is a very good point though

So do I.

My brother has just bought the game, so I've just seen it. It's a funny game but not very impressive, I like the ships of the POTC-ds game more. But the gameplay is nice, a bit like age of empires. I really hope they will make a computer game with lego pirates&imperials, I think that would be fun and the lego-part can be seen a lot better on a big screen. I haven't seen the imperial minifig's yet, they had to be unlocked or something like that.

is wonderful...i won't buy the game(i think) but seeing blue coats with new design may be a signal about we will see new bluecoats in 2010

but seeing blue coats with new design may be a signal about we will see new bluecoats in 2010

If it was old blue coats, I wouldnt think that they were coming out, but it is "new" blue coats for sure. If they do come out with new blue coats, and they make an impulse set, I'm refinancing my house. Also, using the new governor/admiral torso with the old Admiral hat is a big indicator to me as well.

They also used the old blue and white striped sails, and I think from my run around with LEGO that they were giving some hints that new things were on the horizon. I think that enough people have been asking for it, that we will see blue coats again.

Furthermore, maybe we are finding out that LEGO will use the red coats for land forces and the blue coats for the new lines "navy" which is yet to exist?

-Super

Also, has anyone noticed that the Shako they are wearing are a totally new type? With the imperial seal, but without the red part? That is neither the old or the new Shako?!

If they do come out with new blue coats, and they make an impulse set, I'm refinancing my house.

You made me laugh so hard coke zero came out my nose (and that hurts).

I think we will see the new Bluecoats along with a ship for them for sure. The question is will it be 2010 or 2011 and will they produce Blues and Reds at the same time. I think the Pirates line is an important one for Lego and I think they will want to produce a solid series to ensure that if they ever do put it back in the vault that this new line has helped continue the pirate legacy and build a base for a future third come back years down the road. I heard they will be making a forth Pirates of the Caribbean movie and if I were Lego I would want to make sure this line was active or I had that license when the movie came out. It will be a huge marketing boon for this line whether they have the license or not. They are probably kicking themselves that they didn't have this line active before the first movie came out.

You made me laugh so hard coke zero came out my nose (and that hurts).

I think we will see the new Bluecoats along with a ship for them for sure. The question is will it be 2010 or 2011 and will they produce Blues and Reds at the same time. I think the Pirates line is an important one for Lego and I think they will want to produce a solid series to ensure that if they ever do put it back in the vault that this new line has helped continue the pirate legacy and build a base for a future third come back years down the road. I heard they will be making a forth Pirates of the Caribbean movie and if I were Lego I would want to make sure this line was active or I had that license when the movie came out. It will be a huge marketing boon for this line whether they have the license or not. They are probably kicking themselves that they didn't have this line active before the first movie came out.

Well, I totally would, sorry about the Coke Zero, I love that stuff too.

Anywho, LEGO doesnt have the license to the Pirates of the Caribbean line, I think MEGA BLOCKS does. But I think your point was to have a good pirate line out while the movie is in theaters? In which case, I do agree.

But I think it hardly matters, because LEGOs in my area are selling like MAD. The only thing is that its not the Brickbeard's Bounty, but more the Cannon Battle and impulse sets.

LEGO needs to stick the shelves better with these. They are their bread and butter, and the kind of set that just wasn't offered when I was a kid.

In my new MOC, Im actually finding a war to encorporate Soldier's Arsenal.

Anywho, LEGO doesnt have the license to the Pirates of the Caribbean line, I think MEGA BLOCKS does. But I think your point was to have a good pirate line out while the movie is in theaters? In which case, I do agree.

LEGO got the Disney license, so who knows what we might see

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG *gets hyper* OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

wish it was on PC as well tho, but anyways, I already had a feeling the blue coats would be back since it used to be a big part of the original pirate theme. But perhaps they will add a merchant faction to the series now as well. The original series had already a ship with it's own sail that was for merchants, so wouldn't surprise me if that came into play as well!

ok soo we think that in Soldiers Fort this govenor is just the govenor, but he is NOT! if you own lego battles the video game he is in it! he is back and now he took the redcoats from woodhouse!

Old news, sorry :pir-wink:

Discussion can continue here, if necessary :pir-sweet:

I wouldn't bet on it as their is also a Mars mission guy in there but the white and orange are reversed.

I think that there will almost certainly be some Bluecoats (It seems a waste to have a lego battles Bluecoat design) And even if the lego battles game was made before the release of pirates, you have to think about the time taken to make those new models with the intricate decal.

I hope they do because I really liked the swordsmen (Though the alien builders weren't in actual lego.) Either way, we can use the old ones and buy more on Bricklink!

Sorry to break the news to you guys, but I've recently bought Lego Battles and there are Bluecoats,but that was just for a change, it doesn't mean Bluecoats are actually coming back. Still I hope I'm wrong, after all, I'm a die-hard True Blue!