Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Ooh! That would be awesome Jacob. But I’m afraid it’s too good to be true scenario.

I could see it happening. Look at the planet sets. We got a minifig there. We could see figures in them. The only new one would probably be Cody, but they could reuse the CW one...

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Even if they did include a minifig, it's still not the same to me. I love LEGO Star Wars, and I love BIONICLE. But I do not want them to mix! Minifigs are great because they're....well, miniature figures: They're small, so it's easy for me to take photos of them, make stop-motion, etc. Having a larger-scale version would throw all of that out the window, and also, they'll probably have many glaring inaccuracies. With minifigs, it's easy to print the piece to make it look like the character (in an odd way), but when made with constraction pieces, they'll have to use many pre-exiting parts that do not look as accurate. What we will be getting is a Hero Factory character with a special head mold!

I mean, seriously: think back to those Super Hero constractions. Honestly, did Batman look like Batman? Not really....he looked like a robot, with a special head slapped on. I might buy the Grievous one, only because he IS a robot, so it would be easy to pull it off. Everything else.....And really, who says, "Wow, Luke Skywalker looks cool!" No, they say "Woah, that X-wing looks really cool! And wow, they also included Luke as a secondary feature of the set!"

It's a real shame. Every year since my LEGO Star Wars collecting began has had me buying most of the sets, but it seems like I'll skip most this year. I mean, I'll definitely buy the T-16, Tyderium, and Final Duel, and the TFA sets, but all of the winter wave, and honestly most of the summer wave, seems so.....lackluster. Hopefully, the TFA sets are great!

I find it intriguing that the new person feels that these construction figures are most like Hero Factory... If they are oversized polybags, that doesn't bother me either way... Because I won't get them either way.

I could see it happening. Look at the planet sets. We got a minifig there. We could see figures in them. The only new one would probably be Cody, but they could reuse the CW one...

It would certainly be a Phase 1 Cody, as TLG wouldnt make a new mould just for a set like this. No Planets sets or microfighters have new mould figures, but some have new prints. However, there was rumoured to be another Utapau set sometime last year when we saw a new Boga mould in one of the Yoda Chronicles videos I believe.

You mean because of the lack of holes on the sides of the new phase 2 helmet? They could just find a new way to attach a visor to the existing one, or perhaps just make a tiny little mold for a visor that attaches on the existing helmet from the outside, that of course if they didn’t already had a solution ready when they designed it.

With all the tons of new molds we get from China I don’t see why it would be difficult.

You mean because of the lack of holes on the sides of the new phase 2 helmet? They could just find a new way to attach a visor to the existing one, or perhaps just make a tiny little mold for a visor that attaches on the existing helmet from the outside, that of course if they didn’t already had a solution ready when they designed it.

With all the tons of new molds we get from China I don’t see why it would be difficult.

A new mould for the visor is still a new mould. I prefer a new mould for the helmet rather than the visor^^

But it is interesting to notice that the recent phase I helmets have holes for the visor, but not the recent phase II...

I like the custom helmets from Arealight, they are better than everything TLG ever made.

Moreover, I am a bit frustrated by the fact that TLG created a great mould for phase I pilot in 2013 with the z-95 headhunter, but havn't panned to create a regular yellow marked pilot with this mould for 2015....

Edited by Mangetsu

Well the recent phase 1 helmets are the same mould as the clone wars ones, but Im not sure if the Visor attachment piece is even the right dimensions for the current phase 2 mould regardless of the holes.

Has anyone seen the Clone Army Customs helmet visors? They are cleverly designed to fit into the indents in the top of the phase 2 helmets, they are compatible with the Lego helmets and look just as good!

Maybe Lego could do something similar

Edited by Just The Doctor

To be honest, although these ultra builds may look really nice, they just don't really go with my collection so i think i will pass on them and that way alteast it saves me more money for the episode 7 sets ........

Yes, the leg piece looks like the one they used on Nute Gunray.

Definitely a sloped brick leg piece. Be interesting who they chose for this, only so many characters wear long dressed robes

Definitely a sloped brick leg piece. Be interesting who they chose for this, only so many characters wear long dressed robes

If they take up the celebration theme again it could be Padme from the final scene of Phantom Menace.

That looks awesome, but shouldn't Luke's lightsaber be green?

Yup. No doubt they'll have that corrected when the set is released.

Picture of the Final Duel set: :wub:

*snip*

http://www.hothbricks.com/

Thanks for posting!

Definately not getting this one having seen this. I'll grab the Darkside book for the Sheev minifig instead.

The $ I save will be spent in september :wink:

Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote images :-)

Picture of the Final Duel set: :

Nice, not thrilling, but nice. I really wanted to love this set but I don't. Perhaps it will look much better in person. I wish the platform with the chair was a little bigger. I can see a mod in my future. Thanks for the pic.

well it looks as if Luke will be slightly different than the Ewok Village Luke and will have his flap up. This means that he is a slightly new fig that wasn't labeled as "new" in the leaked pics which gives me hope that maybe some more of the figs in the summer wave might be slightly updated. I'm looking at the Naboo Pilot and Young Anikan's Ron Weasley hairpiece.

Picture of the Final Duel set: :wub:

*snip*

I'm not huge into location sets, but this looks fantastic! The catwalk to the left, the hole to the right and the throne all look very nice,though I'm not too fond of the bottom of the right section.

I'm very relieved to see that this is going to be a flap-up Luke. All in all, I think its a pretty good set. I'm impressed at the attempt on the windows to the tower that seem to be printed. Do we have any idea of a part count?

Picture of the Final Duel set: *snip*

Dark Helmet looks pretty spot on, but why does Skroob have no mustache???

Joking aside, that looks pretty solid.

The set is made to sell the new darth vader

3 mini figures are dispensables, Luke and guards.

Emperor is the same as the DK book?

I think I can wait for another set with the new vader, this set is too overpriced for what its contains

I am also relieved, one less to buy...