Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

For the Darkseid set I'm sort of expecting Superman, Supergirl and Shazam and of course Darkseid with Desaad.

That's a cool list, if true. It does seem a bit too much of a fan service to be realistic, considering how much Batman is thrown at us; although that being said, I'd be very happy if those are the sets we get. The only set that seems really out there however is the Darkseid one, since we've seen nothing promoting him from the game; whereas we've seen tons of Brainiac; so it's strange that we'd get Darkseid and not Brainiac.

I'd love to get a Gorilla Grodd figure--bigfig or normal. Although if he was a big fig, I'd really hope he'd come with a gigantic purple cape! That may be asking too much, but I love Grodd's formal wear. And Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet is just begging to be made into a set; hopefully it's be more successfully translucent than Green Lantern's jet, which just has too much non-trans-green parts on it. Black Manta would be a great figure too; and I think he'd work best in a small $13 set with a new Aquaman and a small sub.

We think so. Images have come from that website, but a few of us (myself included) feel like something more than Black Manta is fishy about the list. It just feels a little strange to me.

In the comments on Brickset a JenniferP claims there will be a fifth set:

76029 Brainiac Attack featuring Brainiacs' spaceship and four minifigs: Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and Brainiac.

I don't know who JenniferP is or how reliable this info is, but there it is for your consideration.

That's a good-sounding rumor. But it's debatable. It makes sense, but at the same time, I would think that more JL members would be included for a "final showdown" scenario. MM makes little sense, since S@H exclusives don't get remade or rereleased.

76029 Brainiac Attack featuring Brainiacs' spaceship and four minifigs: Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and Brainiac.

I don't know who JenniferP is or how reliable this info is, but there it is for your consideration.

That would be awesome if it's true, now to see if it is a real set.

Is @Hulk_Smash a reliable source?

We know one thing's for sure when looking at the invisible jet prototype. Wonder Woman's invisible jet has been on TLG's mind.

@8BrickMario - It could be a variant of MM.

Edited by Moon_Knight

I don't know if it's true. I doubt LEGO would release a Martian Manhunter after the promo earlier this year, unless that's a store exclusive.

Is @Hulk_Smash a reliable source?

We know one thing's for sure when looking at the invisible jet prototype. Wonder Woman's invisible jet has been on TLG's mind.

Yes. Hulk_Smash provided accurate info on 2013 DC sets in August 2012.

Edited by just2good

I highly doubt that's true. I doubt LEGO would release a Martian Manhunter after the promo earlier this year, unless that's a store exclusive.

I actually find this to be the most likely of all the sets. Yes the minifigure selection may be off, but I'd be shocked if we didn't get Brainiac in this next wave. He's the main villain of the game and is promoted often. Heck, at the LB3 game panel at Comic Con, many voice actors carried large brick-built figs of the characters they voiced, and Brainiac was one of them; they were all accurate to their game apperance (Including Brainiac's lack of leg printing) and many of the other characters are also likely to be seen; such as the new Wonder Woman. Of any of these new villain characters, Brainiac seems like he should be a must.

Wasn't there an issue with a missing set number? That must be the Brainiac set. I cannot see a way where we don't get a set with the main game villain, too.

I don't know if it's true. I doubt LEGO would release a Martian Manhunter after the promo earlier this year, unless that's a store exclusive.

The one in the video game has a different design compared to the promo figure, so there could be some truth to the rumour.

MartianHunter.png

sh114.jpg

The S@H one's face is really creepy, it lacks the proper shadowing around the eyes that make him look okay. I'd love to see the Alien Vilainess cape in Blue, as well. That game version would be welcome, since they messed up the current one's head.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The one in the video game has a different design compared to the promo figure, so there could be some truth to the rumour.

TT. Games said if they didnt like the New 52 version of a character they were allowed to change to a different one.

Then again if that set is real, we could get tge classic or we could get the polybag again.

I'm hoping we get:

-New 52 Flash and a version of Green Arrow in the Grodd set

-Aqua Man with a beard and short hair and a Black Manta who looks somewhat like his Young Justice counterpart, with matching henchmen, in the Manta set

-New 52 Supes, Diana, Bats, and maybe Cyborg and/or Martian Manhunter with a nice bigfig darkseid and maybe Granny Goodness :grin:

Regarding the lack of Batman, last year there were NINE marvel sets, so it's quite possible we'll be getting another wave in the spring, maybe 3 DC and 3 Marvel, with a 4 set summer Marvel wave.

Well Gorilla Grodd and Darkseid should be bigfigs. Unless Gorilla Grodd is brick built for some reason

If these are true, Gorilla Grodd could just be a repaint of a Chima minifig....

"76026 Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas" -> best. set. name. ever. period. :iamded_lol:

The sets seem to be based on the upcoming LEGO Batman 3, so Grodd is surely going to be a bigfig :thumbup: Finally DC also gets a few of those! And I'm so glad they've finally decided to offer some less Batman-centric sets :laugh:

"76026 Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas" -> best. set. name. ever. period. :iamded_lol:

It's kind of hard to say to be honest. I don't like the name, it doesn't roll off the tongue..

It's kind of hard to say to be honest. I don't like the name, it doesn't roll off the tongue..

It's an incredibly lame pun...and I love those! Then again, since when do LEGO set names roll off the tongue? Look at Vikings. :laugh:

I hope that Grodd is a bigfig, since DC deserves at least one. They're becoming less of a luxury nowadays, too, so it's very likely. If we do get another Manhunter, then I at least hope they fix the face. I'd love Cyborg to be in the sets, and I wonder if/how they'll make the likely Flash and Aquaman different.