Rufus

Contest Contest: Pimp My Camper! Discussion Thread

Is it allowed to use self printed (not painted) tiles instead of self made stickers?

I guess that's similar to using stickered pieces, so go for it. :thumbup:

Nice contest, and the entries so far are fantastic....I´m finish 3 models and go for one or 2 more :p. but i have a question.

ther is no limit entries for user, but: what is better, make a separete entry, one for each model, or make only one entry for all models ( with the 4 photo limit)....

thanks for making great contest!!! im learn a lot, get inspiration and, more important, share all lego fun :)

ther is no limit entries for user, but: what is better, make a separete entry, one for each model, or make only one entry for all models ( with the 4 photo limit)....

Please make a separate post for each model in the entry thread (with a limit of 4 photos per model)

Woo! Saw tons of camper van versions on Flickr and thought 'there must be a competition on somewhere. I want to enter!' So I did my research and here I am!

I understand there may have been some concerns about the validity of entries so far.

At the time of posting, all entries so far are completely valid. :thumbup:

Additionally, please keep comments out of the entry thread and post them in the comments thread we made specially for... comments. :grin: Thanks!

I accidentely, put both of my creation in one post, what should I do,and does it count for two creation?

Just edit it, down to one MOC and then create another one for the second MOC

I accidentely, put both of my creation in one post, what should I do,and does it count for two creation?

Each entry should be in its own post yes, but if you post a second time within 15 minutes or so (without someone posting in between) then the board will merge your two posts into one, which is probably what happened to you.

All you need to do is create another post in the entries thread and cut&paste your second entry from your first post into that one, and then both entries will be counted. If you need help, just ask. :classic:

I've always wondered WHY digital entries are not allowed. With LDD you can build nothing illegal and only use existing parts (not in free build of couse). So I don't see what the objections are.

LDD can produce models that are unbuildable. You can create hanging pieces in the build space that don't attach to anything, or use connections that won't physically work (not enough friction).

LDD is an invaluable tool - nowadays I never start a model without LDD, first - but part of these contest challenges is to build a real-life LEGO model (and, of course, LEGO is trying to promote the use and purchase of their commercial product).

Is it okay to create a setting/background out of Lego that goes with the vehicle, like a forest scene or city scene? Or should it be on a neutral background?

Is it okay to create a setting/background out of Lego that goes with the vehicle, like a forest scene or city scene? Or should it be on a neutral background?

Difficult to say without knowing exactly what you have in mind. If it is essential to the vehicle it might be ok; have a look at the current entries to see what others have done (all are valid so far).

If in doubt, provide at least one picture of the vehicle on a neutral background which we can use for the voting thread.

Please note

Currently it appears Brickshelf is down, and some of your pictures therefore aren't showing.

I'd recommend using an alternative image hosting service - if your pictures aren't visible when I make the voting thread, they won't be included.

We're got a few entries that have already appeared elsewhere on the web - specifically on the fbtb.net equivalent competition. The fbtb version has a clause that appears to ban pre-existing MOCs and so can't include entries that would have appeared on EB earlier. What's EBs view on this?

Comments on entries in the comments thread please! I will move any that appear here.

We're got a few entries that have already appeared elsewhere on the web - specifically on the fbtb.net equivalent competition. The fbtb version has a clause that appears to ban pre-existing MOCs and so can't include entries that would have appeared on EB earlier. What's EBs view on this?

What if it is posted on FBTB first?

I think we will allow entries in both competitions, but I don't think we will allow the same entry to win first prize in both contests (though that scenario is probably unlikely as FBTB's contest is - I believe - limited to Star Wars).

Comments on entries in the entry thread please!

Don't you mean in the comments thread? :wink: Don't want anyone to get confused.

Don't you mean in the comments thread? :wink: Don't want anyone to get confused.

His post is now correct. :tongue:

And for the many Halo fans out there (of which I am one), here is the VW Kombinant Ghost, in resplendent purple!

[snip]

For Wookiee aficionados, here is the Wookiee Ornithopvan!

Hi halfbeak, each entry needs to be in a separate post please. Could you edit out it the entry of the Wookiee Ornithpvan from your original post and post it in a new post please. Thank you. :classic:

Oh man, that Harley Quinn one is such a good idea.

Also, the brick separators are valid pieces, right?

Edited by bsparks

Also, the brick separators are valid pieces, right?

They're LEGO and they're pieces, i.e., LEGO pieces. :tongue:

They're LEGO and they're pieces, i.e., LEGO pieces. :tongue:

Agreed. I love to see brick separators as MOC parts. :thumbup:

Reminder

One entry per post please! You can enter as many times as you like, but only one picture per post will be indexed and therefore eligible for voting.

Voting is going to be a bear. Are we going with our traditional five votes and divvie up the points across the entries you think most deserving?, or, you have to vote for two (like the recent Heroica RPG competition)?, or is there some alternate method we're going to see?

Voting is going to be a bear. Are we going with our traditional five votes and divvie up the points across the entries you think most deserving?, or, you have to vote for two (like the recent Heroica RPG competition)?, or is there some alternate method we're going to see?

You'll just have to wait to find out. :wink:

I'm waiting to post mine so no one steals my great idea! :devil: I can't believe no one has used it yet either. :sadnew::wink:

I was wondering, if the competition is on FBTB too, then is there one full VW and five minis for the prizes here on EB, and one full VW and five minis on FBTB too? Or is the voting somehow being merged?

Edited by Lego Spy

Or is the voting somehow being merged?

I imagine not - here, the contest is to "Pimp" a camper, but over on FBTB it is to "Star-Warsify" a camper - different objectives.