Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Does confirm what I was worried about though - doesn't look significantly bigger than the skiff, stem-to-stern.

The barge doesn't look quite as bad in that animation. I still don't love how they did the front nose but there's actually a small chance that I could get it now. I'll still have to wait for better pictures though.

The new barge looks great and I assume it is more sturdy than the previous one. However although I do understand the need to improve on models when doing re-makes, I don't see the need to change the front of the barge to those plates. There was nothing wrong with the first one`s front section and that should of been kept. That it the main reason why this set is drawing so much criticism. Like the saying ''if it aint broke then it don`t need fixing''.

Does confirm what I was worried about though - doesn't look significantly bigger than the skiff, stem-to-stern.

That's exactly what I thougth when I saw the first seconds of the animation :sceptic:

That's exactly what I thougth when I saw the first seconds of the animation :sceptic:

I think its impossible for the barge to be similar in size to the skiff ..........I think its just the scale from how the animation was shot that gives that impression. If you look at the part where the door opens to reveal jabba it is quite easily to tell that the door is about half the length of the skiff.

The skiff is 30 or 31 studs long I think, and the barge seems to be 40 or 45 studs long from what I've seen.

Edit: According to wookieepedia, Khetanna (Jabba's sail barge) is 30m long, and the Bantha-II cargo skif is 9,5m long.

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Hopefully it is at least twice the size of the skiff. If it is any smaller it would look silly. It should be fairly long as jabba is about a quarter of the length of the barge.

The skiff is 30 or 31 studs long I think, and the barge seems to be 40 or 45 studs long from what I've seen.

Edit: According to wookieepedia, Khetanna (Jabba's sail barge) is 30m long, and the Bantha-II cargo skif is 9,5m long.

30m in minifig-scale translates to about 96 studs... that's a pretty big barge :oh:

That minifig looks like a cross between a phase II clone trooper and Iron Man....but with a blue paint job ! :laugh:

But it does look good and very different for Star Wars or Clone Wars for that matter. :wink:

Thanks.

But it's a blue Stormtrooper. I need to see this show first, but it's already looking bad.

I have to agree with you on that. It's interesting for sure, but interesting doesn't really equal good in this case. The printing doesn't seem right to me.

Um, wow, that's certainly interesting. I'm really curious to see how this guy plays into The Yoda Chronicles. I wonder if the other minifigures will be as unique as this one.

Hm....I'm not sure why they're using repainted Stormtrooper armor for him when Yoda Chronicles is supposed to take place during the Prequel-era timeline. Not really a fan of the minifig, though. Hopefully the others impress me more.

thankfully that blueberry trooper is in the Jek-14 set and not the at-te, its just one more reason not to get it. I'm just not a fan of these alternative star wars themes.

Hm....I'm not sure why they're using repainted Stormtrooper armor for him when Yoda Chronicles is supposed to take place during the Prequel-era timeline. Not really a fan of the minifig, though. Hopefully the others impress me more.

It can be a prelim helmet, but I kinda like it. Also I think his shield is a bit simple, maybe later they add some painting.

Surely that's an ARC trooper helmet - not a storm trooper helmet?

Nope, it's a stormtrooper helmet alright. If it was an ARC trooper helmet it would have the fin at the top anyway. I still wonder why they didn't use the ARC trooper or phase 2 clone helmet though.

Does the Clone gunner have a new gun?

Clone commander not gunner. And the gun does look new however it could still be the long rifle that is currently used.

Just wish more of these sets included more clones my 2013 AOTC clone army will look stupid compared to my CW clone army. Oh well at least we get some generic clone officers

Personally, I like the design of the Spec Forces clone trooper. The whole set is colorful and unique. I simply dislike the idea that it is based on a LEGO book, which would don it non-canon. The AT-TE looks a little better than the last one, and the Coleman Trebor (favorite) is incredible, stunning, marvelous.

Wow they look great! Good find :thumbup:

Figs still look preliminary (CW Anakin in the Gunship)

Edited by Spider-Man