Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

So, Winter Village Toy Shop or Alien Conquest Earth Defence HQ? Both are likely to get harder to find pretty soon, and I have other sets in both themes. The AC set will give me more swooshing and play time with the kids, but the Toy Shop will be part of a holiday tradition. And I think both are destined to be sets that I'll be sorry to have missed out on a few years down the road.

If you're going to get the other Winter sets, I'd say get the Toy Shop. And plus, you could always get the HQ set from Bricklink later, but the Toy Shop is already dangerously close to being extinct from stores and skyrocketing on BL.

So, Winter Village Toy Shop or Alien Conquest Earth Defence HQ? Both are likely to get harder to find pretty soon, and I have other sets in both themes. The AC set will give me more swooshing and play time with the kids, but the Toy Shop will be part of a holiday tradition. And I think both are destined to be sets that I'll be sorry to have missed out on a few years down the road.

BOTH! Seriously though-- Earth Defence HQ is my pick for Set of 2011. And yet, in my mind AFOL is one of those true YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS sets. Both are epic, and Toy Shop is cheaper-- but you can probably find Alien Conquest sets on clearance right now if you do your homework, so it'd be about the same price. I got mine during Bricktober for $67.

Good luck!

Something that might sweeten the pot a bit towards getting 7066. I was just on LEGO.com, it's currently on sale for $71 and change in the USA.

I thought this could probably go here rather than starting up a new thread. I'm starting a lego club at the library where I work and seemingly we're not going to be getting any donations and the council frowns on me buying second hand stuff so its new sets unfortunately. What sets woudl be the best in terms of number of pieces for the cost. I have the 80$ buckets of Lego and was thinking maybe the creator sets? They wont be making the sets I just need a mass amount of mixed Lego. Thoughts?

I thought this could probably go here rather than starting up a new thread. I'm starting a lego club at the library where I work and seemingly we're not going to be getting any donations and the council frowns on me buying second hand stuff so its new sets unfortunately. What sets woudl be the best in terms of number of pieces for the cost. I have the 80$ buckets of Lego and was thinking maybe the creator sets? They wont be making the sets I just need a mass amount of mixed Lego. Thoughts?

Hit craigslist and garage sales. $80 will be to little if you go new blocks route.

of these star wars battle packs, which should I buy? help me choose one and tell me why:

mandalorian battle pack

clone trooper battle pack

hoth rebel trooper battle pack

snowtrooper battle pack

I'm probably biased, being an OT fan, but the Snowtroopers are easily the best minifigs of those four BPs, in my opinion.

So, should I buy the Ninjago Blade Bike of Catwoman City Chase? :classic:

Personally, I've never really liked the Ninjago vehicles, so I'd go with the Catwoman set. I think that's a matter of personal preference, though; I simply don't like jet fighters and cranes made out of bones and bright colors controlled by ninjas. Doesn't make much sense to me. :laugh:

Hey there,

I like the 2011 edition of Lego police, the ones with the black or blue uniform sets instead of the new "Forest Rangers".

Recently I've seen a small pack of the Lego 4636 "Police Building Set".

Do you think it is worth a buy? The vehicles are a bit... simple but I will have some spare bricks for another Lego building. :)

Thanks for opinions.

Hey there,

I like the 2011 edition of Lego police, the ones with the black or blue uniform sets instead of the new "Forest Rangers".

Recently I've seen a small pack of the Lego 4636 "Police Building Set".

Do you think it is worth a buy? The vehicles are a bit... simple but I will have some spare bricks for another Lego building. :)

Thanks for opinions.

For $10...I don't know. I'm leaning towards saying no, because you could put that ten towards something better vehicle wise and get the same or more figs. Then again, $10 for two figs(the blue shirt cop is cool) and some bricks, why not. I say yeah, go for it.

Okay, straight up-- the 4205 Forest Police Off-Road Command Center or 6864 The Batmobile and Two-Face Chase?? Truly torn between both of them... 4205 is a bit pricey for the set but I've fallen hard for it, while I can get 6864 for only $45 thanks to TRU's $10 Off promo.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Okay, straight up-- the 4205 Forest Police Off-Road Command Center or 6864 The Batmobile and Two-Face Chase?? Truly torn between both of them... 4205 is a bit pricey for the set but I've fallen hard for it, while I can get 6864 for only $45 thanks to TRU's $10 Off promo.

Both are great sets, but at the end of the day, I'd definitely buy 6864 The Batmobile and Two-Face Chase. Usually licensed sets are much more expensive, but with that sale you get more pieces and better figs for the same price as the other set. Batman all the way!

Being a fan of the LEGO Batman franchise, I would say go with 6864 The Batmobile and Two-Face Chase. The set comes with awesome minifigures and has a higher piece count. You can't go wrong.

The_YongGrand

I would say hold off on that set. It is really simple, but for the price and only two figures, I wouldn't say that is that good of a deal. Unless you absolutely need those specific colored pieces, I would recommend bricklinking the exact pieces you need. If you don't bricklink, I'm sure there is another police set out there that has valuable pieces. I haven't been watching the City sets this year.

Mr. Elijah Timms

I haven't really seen that 4205 before. That is a cool looking set. If it fits more into your "town plan," I would say go for that one. You do get more pieces and more figures in the other set, but not everyone would use those pieces the same way. I'm sure a lot of them will go to a half orange/purple truck that isn't realistic. I would almost say go for 4205.

Canada_7

Again, like the above. You do get more pieces/figures with the Batman set, but it depends how much you are into Batman and the like. That helicopter definitely is heavy duty, so that is a plus. But the Batman set has a black Batman (the main reason I would even want the set). Unless you absolutely need some of those licensed figures, the City set might work better for your style of build/play.

I like 4205 better. That truck is just awesome.

Hi there i just saw 7066 (AC Earth Defense HQ) for 48€ in a Toy-Shop (Germany), they also had a lot of 8078 (Portal of Atlantis) for 36€, i don´t really like either of them i was thinking more of a "parts-pack" and maybe reselling the Minifigures, or even to store them for a little time to resell them, so what do you think?

Hi there i just saw 7066 (AC Earth Defense HQ) for 48€ in a Toy-Shop (Germany), they also had a lot of 8078 (Portal of Atlantis) for 36€, i don´t really like either of them i was thinking more of a "parts-pack" and maybe reselling the Minifigures, or even to store them for a little time to resell them, so what do you think?

Earth Defence HQ was my winner for SET OF 2011, and I'm not even much of a space guy. Awesome build, awesome vehicles, and incredible figures. If you plan on reselling, you may not want to open it up and build it, because you might just fall for this set hard. No brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I want the Mini Modulars set, but I also want the Town Hall. Which one? :grin:

Mini Modulars are a great set. Town Hall just came out, so it'll be around for a while. BUT! With Double VIP Points going on, that's a nice $20 off right there (on your next purchase). It's a tough decision - if you're looking for a nice display set, the minis are great for now. If you're going to grab it eventually, Town Hall for the 400 points and the Minis later at a nice $20+ discount may be smart.

I found someone local selling 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer with no minifigs and lacking book 2 of the instructions (no box) for $75. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but it seems like a somewhat decent price. I don't know though, because I seldom buy second-hand. Any thoughts on if this is a fair price, or should I try and talk the seller down?

Edited by nicoga3000

Well, I want the Mini Modulars set, but I also want the Town Hall. Which one? :grin:

If you gave the money for it, go with the Town Hall. Its easier to save up $80 than $200. Plus, like nicoga3000 said, double VIP points. So, you only need to save $60.

Mini Modulars are a great set. Town Hall just came out, so it'll be around for a while. BUT! With Double VIP Points going on, that's a nice $20 off right there (on your next purchase). It's a tough decision - if you're looking for a nice display set, the minis are great for now. If you're going to grab it eventually, Town Hall for the 400 points and the Minis later at a nice $20+ discount may be smart.

I found someone local selling 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer with no minifigs and lacking book 2 of the instructions (no box) for $75. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but it seems like a somewhat decent price. I don't know though, because I seldom buy second-hand. Any thoughts on if this is a fair price, or should I try and talk the seller down?

With no figs and no instructions that is a so so deal. If you do pick it up I may have an extra set of instructions laying around.

I am new to the lego world at least since I was much younger. The last set I built was the Arkham Asylum. With the new DC Superheroes I have found my way back to lego's. I honestly blame a friend who bought the Catwoman chase then had me put it together for him (he has big hands and little patients with tiny objects.) So since building that innocent little set I have found the collectable minifigure series, the city sets and of course more DC sets. The modular sets have interested me now. I love the intricate details. I do not plan to get the more expensive sets Green Grocer, City Cafe. But I do want the new Town Hall, Grand Emporium, Pet shop, and I am starting to want the Fire Brigade. I have give it lots of thought and weighed options to find the best prices.

With Lego S@H free shipping over lapping double vip I plan to buy all 4 modular buildings. I realize that's 649.96 but I have ran the numbers and figure I can get it for 594.96...55.00 off. I currently have 149 vip points. If I make 2 purchases first Town Hall, Pet Shop and Grand Emporium that will net me 997 vip points combined with my 149 is 1146 which is 55.00s to put on Fire Brigade since its out of stock currently. I realize this is not more a which should I buy its more of a can anyone see a better way of getting them for less?

I realize a a TRU BOGO would be cheaper however last TRU BOGO they only had the Grand Emporium in stock for most of it and I missed out on that. TRU is also more of an anomaly with how it will be shipped. UPS cause me problems with delivery, but postal would be fine. They do not indicate either. TRU will also charge me tax.

So without buying more to get more vip points can anyone see a combination to get the sets cheaper?

Sorry for the length of the post.