Angeli

Gladiator games

Now enters Florbad the Mighty.

6784340037_c0cacf602d.jpg

gladiator by princeofska, on Flickr

Commander of the GEAR 2nd Desert "Hotknives" Battalion, Champion of the Pretarian Games, Last Chief of the Stoneslaughter clan, and freed orc.

Florbad started his life as chiefs son within the Stoneslaughter Clan. When he was 16 his whole clan was slaughtered or enslaved by a Nocturnus Slaving Party. He was taken to be a gladiator, and eventually he was trained and sold to Kaliphlin merchant. He fought in the Pretarian games, and eventually won his freedom. Since then, he has been employed as a body guard for Petera MacLean and commanded his own battalion - the Hotknives - a desert patrol put together by the Greater Eastgate Articles and Rations Company.

He has offered to be the representative from the city of Eastgate, and he fights for the honor of Kaliphlin.

Arcanis I of the Nocturnus guild is sending Kargzaskzin to participate in the event. He has no fear of coming unstuck as he has already mastered the art of self-regeneration from death. He will be using his magic staff and crossbow. Don't look into his eyes.

6335889685_15e2524fd9.jpg

Don't mess with Grizzles, a tortured by product mutated in Dr Rods labs from a Reptrian. Grizzles has always been an outcast, shunned by most Nocturnians, he has befriended wildlife, just don't get his goat!

He is here and he is not amused!

gallery_2955_164_42057.jpg

Oaknob of Mitgardia presents:

Fundarr, the He-maniac!

1327887930m_DISPLAY.jpg

Armed with his enchanted sword, bulging muscles and more testosterone than any one man should have,

Fundarr is ready to slay... er, maim... what?! fine, whoop... all who stand in his way.

Now where are the beautiful women? Fundarr has needs!

Oaknob of Mitgardia presents:

Fundarr, the He-maniac!

Armed with his enchanted sword, bulging muscles and more testosterone than any one man should have,

Fundarr is ready to slay... er, maim... what?! fine, whoop... all who stand in his way.

Now where are the beautiful women? Fundarr has needs!

Brilliant! There is a "Castle Bleyskull" joke lurking in here somewhere but I just can't seem to find it...

The Elves of the Rustling Leaves clan have recently commissioned an army of war golems from the Dwarves of the Algaduhr Caverns. What better place to test their prototype golem then in a gladiatorial arena!

6799144143_0945d1a644.jpg

Trojan golem :)

Anyhow, dear combatants, until brickshelf does not start working again, I will not update the first post, but the minute it starts, I will get to work and pair you up ;)

Brickshelf is on again, and the first post is updated with new combatants! :)

Also, the Drow will see into these sinful intrusions: someone had stolen the ice-axe of Winter elves, as presented by our bouncer.

tbouncer-human.jpg

We have no proof who took it, but we suspect Elves of the Rustling Leaves. There is also a talk about infiltrating forces in our Drow town, which used gladiator games to slip our guards

wargolem2.jpg

made by: rogueang, reagrding this post

But again, we have no proof, but we are watching you, surfecers!

Drow rule supreme!

Edited by Angeli

img_2510.jpg

Inviting a dwarf is honorable, but if you did it just to mock such participants, I Mudbelly, the northern giant, will come to defend my neighbors. None can match me, I enter this tournament to spoil all the Drow plots!

Ser Thyrio sends his loyal bodyguard ser Lorian. He is a fearsome warrior as he has never lost a battle so far. Also ser Thyrio brings a pot of gold to make sure it stays this way :tongue:

img_1960.jpg

First post updated with new contestants! :)

We must note that there are only 22 places open now, as shown on the graph ;)

trounds.jpg

The Drow like the attention that our nation is getting with this games, and our beloved matron mother ordered that a totally NEW set of armor and weapons be brought from the towns treasury as a gift to the winner, as shown on the picture below, including armor, helmet, hair, sword, staff, shield and bow (but not the minifig, pink Drow, it must be some kind of mischief:)

tpink-up.jpg

(armor and weapons are made by BrickTW)

So, the winner will get: two sets of armor&wepon from the picture from the first post; some fantasy oriented items from Brickwariors (Thrash) (which one will remain secret for now), and a "spice-up-you-heroine" pink armor&weapon set.

and there could be more ;)

so, join the games!

Btw, if we have less combatants than we need, few will skip first (or second or third) round, and that will be the last ones that enter ;)

Edited by Angeli

Sometimes in the deserts, a swarm of scorpions appears to be more than just scorpions. Traveller, if you see this phenomenon then ride hard and ride fast and don't look back, for it is the Elias.

6816013873_3a715bc20f.jpg

It is hungry, merciless, and deadly. And incredibly hard to kill. If you hit it, it simply dissolves into a swarm of scorpions, and then reforms. You have to kill all the scorpions at once, but their stone shells are uncrushable. Each scorpion has a paralyzing sting and likes to rip flesh with its claws. Cover your soft parts and ride hard.

The gladiator games are like a feast for the Elias. And it is hungry.

Centaur warrior Phrixelle, heroine of Peregrinus, rides to Nocturnus to take part in the gladiator games. She fights for the greater glory of Kaliphlin, but also just because she loves cracking heads and can't resist a challenge! :tongue:

centaurwarrior1eb_040212.jpg

Phrixelle carrys a magical weapon forged especially for her hand, the "three-sided axe of ever hitting", which when swung in anger is fated to cleave to the enemy. In her hand the axe is light and supremely easy to handle, but in another's it becomes so heavy as to render it unusable. She also carrys a spiked buckler and a short sword for close quarter combat.

ps. Thanks Angeli and the Drow for orginising these games - what a great idea for a bit of bloodthirsty fun! :classic:

I wanted to build a champion, but all men of Mitgardia are champions. So the son of Elon Chorian will compete!

6330851059_409d33ffc6.jpg

Bilhan Chorian, Horsemaster of Ondylion from the mighty Mitgardia.

Valsharess the Queen send her own daughter, Yvonnel:

People say that she is a real snake, and would do anything to get to the throne. Her silver arrows can pierce almost any armor, and her quickness, agility and dexterity is only measured by her cruelness and viciousness in fight. She is a leader of infamous "Chimera legion" from the south, and Rilauven is her city to rule. People say that her father was Yuan-ti, but that kind of talk is not wise in the Rilauven

tyvonnel-01.jpg

tyvonnel-02.jpg

(note: if she wins the tournament, she will forfeit the prize to the other finalist, but, what are the chances?:)) But in any case, it is important for you to know that ;)

Yvonnel loves putting down her suboordinates, and all of them live in fear of her anger. Look how scared he is on the second picture

tyvonnel-03.jpg

tscared.jpg

Suffering from amnesia, 'The Wanderer' arrives in search of what was forgotten, will he find on the dusty ground of the arena in the heat of battle? Or afterward will he wander on, none the wiser?

(As a result of Angeli's post here and here.

6830800517_29d9028a55.jpg

AK_Brickster of Southern Mitgardia sends his most fearsome Dark Necromancer, "Aarganakk", to participate on his behalf.

Long may his wreath of flames carry him through the competition, and may his foes be reduced to scorched piles of ash!

5859919903_1fdcc40aef_m.jpg

Edited by AK_Brickster

"The Great and Mighty Laborers Union of Northern Mitgardia sends its regime's "Leader" to represent them. His mysterious identity is rarely known, and he sticks to the shadows. He is simply known as the "Man who arranges the Blocks." HE prefers using physic powers to bend his opponents will.

I am the Man who Arranges the Blocks...

6831995751_b0e2d3d6de.jpg

Just re-purposing another photo because I took apart my original entrants >.>

Edited by Gondabuggan

Lieutenant Sev of the Calendi'n from Mitgardia would like to register for the gladiator games (the left one)

img_0328.jpg

Right hand of the great captain Volkan and best swordsman among the ranks of the Calendi'n. Extremely able with both bow and sword, so a great contestant for the gladiator games!

Wow, so many new gladiators! Welcome! :)

Now, I will be deciding the winners with 30 sides dice ;)

And look how Drow are trying to "spice the dice", with a little magic ;)

tyvonnel-04.jpg

First post updated with new gladiators! :)

Only 14 places left! :)

Thraxus will happily take part in these games (and destroy whoever he faces)!

6329988682_87f0a6505e.jpg

My Killer Bunny has reported back that she is particularly keen on that pink armour, it better come in her size WHEN she wins!!! ;)

By the way, please ensure she has plenty of giant carrots to eat, otherwise she will likely start eating whatever else she can find about the place...

Dr Rod