CopMike

LEGO® CUUSOO 空想 - Turn your model wishes into reality

Even if this set did get 10,000 votes and TLG decided to go with it, it is up to them to change the model how they see fit. Meaning they would need to redesign everything to sell it. TThey already came out with some good quality Spongebob sets, including a Krusty Krab, so they probably won't want to release another one just yet. And where are the play features? Wait a minute, I get it. This is what the Krusty Krab would look like if Squidward designed it. Brilliant.

Even if this set did get 10,000 votes and TLG decided to go with it, it is up to them to change the model how they see fit. Meaning they would need to redesign everything to sell it. TThey already came out with some good quality Spongebob sets, including a Krusty Krab, so they probably won't want to release another one just yet. And where are the play features? Wait a minute, I get it. This is what the Krusty Krab would look like if Squidward designed it. Brilliant.

It's only a prototype, deal with it. By the way, Modular House sets don't have gimmicks and play features. This is meant to be a friggin' Modular House set, not a set for little children!

Alright, I'll just redesign the Krusty Krab model to make its roof curved. This oughta get me more supporters. >:)

It's only a prototype, deal with it. By the way, Modular House sets don't have gimmicks and play features. This is meant to be a friggin' Modular House set, not a set for little children!

That's enough. This thread is for discussing the CUUSOO platform, not for begging for votes. Please note the Site Guidelines on CUUSOO projects:

CUUSOO: If you have a great MOC, that is also a CUUSOO project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the CUUSOO entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the CUUSOO business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on CUUSOO', rather than: 'I want CUUSOO support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!.

Additionally, there's absolutely no need to be rude to members who are giving suggestions to you.

That's enough. This thread is for discussing the CUUSOO platform, not for begging for votes. Please note the Site Guidelines on CUUSOO projects:

Additionally, there's absolutely no need to be rude members who are giving suggestions to you.

You're right, I'm sorry for being rude. I just wanted people to see it and comment on it. And if they like it, they could support.

Edited by Makuta

I probably shouldn't carry this discussion on, but... you are doing a Spongebob set... aimed for adults?

I really don't see LEGO releasing a set in one of their most child-oriented themes without any playfeatures what-so-ever. If I were you, I'd reconsider that standpoint.

I probably shouldn't carry this discussion on, but... you are doing a Spongebob set... aimed for adults?

I really don't see LEGO releasing a set in one of their most child-oriented themes without any playfeatures what-so-ever. If I were you, I'd reconsider that standpoint.

Okay then, I meant to say it's for all ages. Both kids and adults, but probably for ages 13 and up since it's a modular house.

Anyhow, I don't know if this was posted or not, but the CUUSOO staff have put up another blog post. With the rush of projects that are reaching 10k only one will be able to be produced every quarter while the others will be placed in a queue. The full blog post is here: http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/new-quarterly-lego-review-process Have a nice day everyone!

Edited by reptiman

I have two projects going (<100 supporters), but I've really seriously been thinking of putting this up:

7199790476_7f24b0511b_c_d.jpg

What do you folks think? Would you support it if I did?

I think it looks really good as a moc - but that it doesn't really look much like a LEGO set. Still, well-made.

What exactly is it supposed to be? Any building in particular?

That looks awesome! Really well built, put it up! I'd support it, as well as but it if it gets made.

I think it looks really good as a moc - but that it doesn't really look much like a LEGO set. Still, well-made.

What exactly is it supposed to be? Any building in particular?

It looks to me like a recording studio. Note the glass-windowed recording booth and the gold records on the walls.

It looks to me like a recording studio. Note the glass-windowed recording booth and the gold records on the walls.

I'm sure that's what it is. The speakers, computers for editing...

Does anyone know what happened to the 'ARAKN3' project? It has practically disappeared, and when I tried to click on the link on the 'Top 10' bar, it wouldn't do anything.

Edited by just2good

Does anyone know what happened to the 'ARAKN3' project? It has practically disappeared, and when I tried to click on the link on the 'Top 10' bar, it wouldn't do anything.

Apparently they removed it from the active supporting stage and archived it... There is an explanation HERE

IMO, Mahj should just submit it again...

Apparently they removed it from the active supporting stage and archived it... There is an explanation HERE

IMO, Mahj should just submit it again...

It makes more sense to have it submitted again, anyway. Consider that a number of its supporters may have done so due to being fans of the IP. Removing that is a drastic change, and previous supporters may not feel the same way about the new product.

I recently submitted an idea of mine to CUUSOO: to release a set with all non-updated ball socket parts, updated. This would be great for MOCists and constraction fans alike. :classic:

Here it is for those interested.

That's a neat idea, but there are a couple issues.

For one, it lacks a great number of parts, such as basic Y-joints (even ones as old as 2001 have risk of breakage) and Glatorian fists (whether or not the "updated" ones would be a new three-fingered version or the already-produced four-fingered version is up to you). Some parts would be practically impossible to update, specifically parts in discontinued colors like the old greys.

Also, while it would be amazing if these parts were produced, I don't know if a set with one of each would be the best way to do it. This sort of set would be almost guaranteed to benefit aftermarket sellers more than regular consumers. Very few consumers would need equal numbers of all of these parts, so this set would be bought up mostly by Bricklink sellers who would sell the parts individually for higher prices.

Finally, this set would not be economical for LEGO to produce, which would likely lead to astronomical prices for this set. Every single part in this set would be a brand new mold, and each new mold would need to be released in several colors. It's not practical. The only way for LEGO to feasibly make these parts is to do as they have been doing (somewhat inconsistently, I admit), which is to release them as-needed in other sets. It would happen slowly, and we would probably never get all those parts, but it would make more sense business-wise for LEGO to do it this way.

(I posted this on the Cuusoo page, too, which took three whole posts)

Another Legend of Zelda project passed a thousand votes a while ago, and I think Lego's recent congratulary comment is interesting as it is, as far as I know, Lego's first actual comment on all the projects that deal with the same licenced IP as some other project that has been accepted to the review stage before. They say they are (pending licencing etc.) willing to consider another set even if one has already passed. So apparently the plethora of success-seeking Minecraft projects and their like aren't going to be offed from the site in the foreseeable future. I had been wondering about Lego's policy regarding them.

Another Legend of Zelda project passed a thousand votes a while ago, and I think Lego's recent congratulary comment is interesting as it is, as far as I know, Lego's first actual comment on all the projects that deal with the same licenced IP as some other project that has been accepted to the review stage before. They say they are (pending licencing etc.) willing to consider another set even if one has already passed. So apparently the plethora of success-seeking Minecraft projects and their like aren't going to be offed from the site in the foreseeable future. I had been wondering about Lego's policy regarding them.

Thanks. That's great to know, especially when there is an UCS DeLorean too on Cuusoo. :classic:

Thanks. That's great to know, especially when there is an UCS DeLorean too on Cuusoo. :classic:

Yeah, though I suspect that while they are on principle not against multiple successful projects from the same IP, in reality it will seldom help the latecomers. The first project-turned-into-a-product would have to be a pretty spectacular success for them to consider another one - there will only be four (or less) Cuusoo products a year, after all, and they would probably want to cover as many different target groups as possible. And when it comes to the DeLoreans they are not only from the same IP, they are the same vehicle – even if in somewhat differing scale and style. There would have to be quite a many years between their release, or either one would hurt the sales of the other seriously. And that's bad business plain and simply.

Edited by Haltiamieli

Huw on Brickset has posted an article explaining CUUSOO's latest news blog on how to pass the LEGO review if your project hits all the supporters.

Read

-Sci

The latest Cuusoo blog post is cool. It definitely gives some insight that will be useful if I consider making Cuusoo projects of my own-- for instance, the part about sticking to new ideas and new categories means I probably shouldn't bother trying to release sets that fit into some of my favorite currently-running themes like Ninjago, unless they have something making them very unique compared to the existing products for the theme (like, for instance, a Ninjago chess set, which wouldn't likely cannibalize sales from regular model and spinner sets).