Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

I head into the Marketplace, this time with my Cloak.
"Fabian, would you be so kind as to merge these with my cloak."
So saying, I hand him an assortment of eight gems and a Scroll of Blindness and Scroll of Confusion.
I then hand him 500*0.75=375 gold

Althior sells 4 Smelling Salts for 50 gold (4*25/2=50), Magician's Gloves for 75 gold, Ethereal Cloak for 110 gold, Sterile Gloves for 40 gold, Tin Helmet for 40 gold.

Throlar enters the marketplace with 125 gold and sells his City Watch Halberd for 15 gold, laving him with 140 gold.

I enter the marketplace.
"Greetings, Anwyl, I have this rare gem that I would like to merge into this handcannon as a gift for a friend."
"That's a complicated matter."
"Oh, come, come, now. Surely, you cannot mean it. I mean, the money isn't worth more to you than this shop, is it now?"
*grumble, grumble*

Nodding affirmatively, I turn to Fabian.
"Hello there, Fabian. You look well. I need to merge this gem into these boots."
"They will be ready in the flashiest of flashes."
"Oh, and while you're at it? Could you just alter their size a bit?"
"What?!?"
"Come, come. Surely, you cannot have misheard me. I just need these resized. That is all."
"But...not that. I cannot do that without changing the properties...how will I make it fit properly?"
"It is for a gnome. Anything will fit. It just needs to be smaller than this."
Fabian thinks hard, then lowers his voice.
"Listen. I think I have an idea that might work?"
"I happen to have a pair of boots that look similar. Fit for a gnome, though. I could work on them a bit..."

Not too costly I assume?"
"Well...I might accept."
His eyes glance down to the greaves.
"Greaves for boots...? Well, if your boots are any good. That gnome was a rather dapper fellow, you know."
"Oh, sure."

Fabian hands me the boots with the gems in them.
"Gnomish Rocket Boots. Trending in the gnome world, I hear."
"Perfect!"
I hand over 75 gold for them to split and head back to the hall with the Gnomish Rocket Boots.

Edited by Palathadric

I enter the marketplace again.

"Greetings, everybody! Anwyl, would you be so kind as to remove this Diamond from this Whip (Heaven and Hell), and put it into this Hand Cannon?"

"Going the way of the cannoneer, eh?" he questions. Not really caring.

I pretend not to hear.

When he's finished, I hand over 75 gold for his work.

Stopping at Smokebeard's Smithy, Cedric buys one Halberd (WP:5) for 50 gold. (65-50=15) 

He also sells his assassin's katana for 15 gold. (15+15=30)

He goes to Portia's Potion Shack and buys a smelling salts, leaving him with 5 gold.

Edited by wiz
Added smelling salts

Vindsval Makes his way back into the Marketplace to prepare for his next quest.  First he reluctantly parts with his Witches Talisman.  He could use it no longer, but it was an important step in his path. He then removes the Amythyst from Verkenner.  959-50=909  He then Fuses those two Gemstones into the Wrath Lance.  A short conversation with the smith also leaves the Lance with some slight physical modifications for grip and balance.  

img_0712.jpg

Finally he Purchases 2 Phoenix essences and returns to the hall.

759+200-50-100-100=709

Edited by Asphalt

I head into the Marketplace with a weight bag of gold.
"Portia, be a dear and bag these for me, will you?"
I purchase:
4 Grand Potions
4 Grand Tonics
6 Remedies
4 Smelling Salts
5 Nostrums
5 Mulled Wines
2 Confuse Bombs
2 Stun Bombs
Upgrade Dual Staff to WP:9 and WP:10.

Total: 1100 * 0.75 = 825 Gold.

Hybros swings by the marketplace and heads for Anwyl's. There, he separates the two amethysts from the Batarang and Twin Kunai, sells the weapons, then merges one gem into the Demom Skull Club and pockets the other (total cost: 150- (65+30)=55 gold).

Over at Fabian's, the imp merges his Lichen Armor with the power of Asmodeus' Pentacle, strengthening the armor's defensive properties but lowering its offensive capabilities. He also sells the Dastan Armor for the previously-agreed 120 gold.

Net profit: 65 gold.

Being stripped of consumeables but with gold in his pocket Ezeran heads out to fill his satchel with goods. 

He first sells his deadly venom for 50 gold and then his Silver ore for 60 g.

He then buys:

A Sedge hat for 160 gold.

5 grand potions for 50 gold.

5 grand tonics for 150 gold.

2 smelling salts for 50 gold.

3 nostrum for 105 gold

2 remedies for 20 gold.

He removes a sapphire from his Sapphamber staff and adds a scroll of blindness to his "Sneezing demon" for a total of 100 gold.

Ezeran had 953 gold. Total cost: 160 + (5•10) + (5•30) + (2 • 25) + (3 • 35) + (2•10) + (2 • 50) - 60 - 50 = 525. Ezeran now have 953 - 525 = 428 gold.

Edited by MysticModulus
Grammar

This Winter Shield gets to hot, near fire. I need to fix that. And I should sell off some stuff. 

Needing to optimize his gear, Germ does the following. 

Removes the Ruby from the Fire Wheel and installed it in the Winter Shield.  Being told their is some odd issue with putting the "gem" into the shield. And seeing a look of not wanting to give the gold back. Germ decided to put it into the Black Knights Armor instead. 

Ruby from Fire Wheel into Black Knights Armor 

Then takes the emerald from the Wooden Shield and puts it into the Shadow Cloak. And then sell off the following items Fire Wheel (WP:5), Kobold Dagger (WP:4), Order Imperial Longsword (WP:5) and Wooden Shield (SP:5). 

OoC:

Math time! 

Starting Gold 1364 -(50-50-50-50)=1164 gold +25+25+25+20=1259 Gold left

Edit - Just to avoid some sort of confusion or something else. I decided to change where the Ruby goes. 

Edited by samuraiturtle
Fixing a problem

Kiray steps into the market after a long time of being away. Knowing what to do, she goes immediately to Anwyl. "Hi, Anwyl, can you do these for me?" She hadns him a slip of paper. Anwyl Mythralize's her Katana, (1014-100-914 gold). And then the blacksmith's writ is used on the crosswbow. She also uses the Everlasting Venom on the crossbow. "Thanks." She turns to go back to the hall.

On his way back to the hall, he stops at the marketplace and then Cedric sells the Orc Sword (WP:5), the Halberd (WP:5) and the Spear (WP:5) for 75 gold,

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING

Cedric sells the shield (SP:5) for 25 gold.

Edited by wiz
See above

Before Cedric buys anything, he makes sure to sell a remedy to bring his gold up to 160.

From Portia, Cedric buys a Phoenix Essence.

From Smokebeard, Cedric Upgrades the Hinckwell shield to SP:6.

From Dain, Cedric buys a Sleep Bomb, hoping it would be as useful as Boris's was back at the temple of Zoot.

Karie approaches the Market, having not been to this place for what seemed like an eternity. Karie moves the Potion stand and prepares a crate filled with goods, purchasing 16 Grand Tonics (30x16=480 gold), 11 Grand Potions (10x11=110 Gold), 4 Phoenix Essences (4x50=200 Gold), and finally a single Remedy (10 Gold), summing up her purchase to the tune of 800 Gold. (480+200+110+10= 800 Gold) She was left with 777 gold. (1577-800=777 gold.)

She then moved to the bomb stall and quietly purchased 10 Smoke Bombs (5x10=50 Gold). This left her with 727 gold. (777-50=727 Gold) 

With her purchases completed, she made her way out of the market and towards the front gates of the city and forward to the farmer's patch of expansive land.

Siercon grumbles in and goes to the bomb shack. 

He buys 2 of each of the below

305-45x2=215 gold remaining

Smoke Bomb (Allows the party to escape the battle.) Costs 5 gold.

Air Bomb (Causes 5 wind-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

Dirt Bomb (Causes 5 earth-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

Fire Bomb (Causes 5 fire-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

Floral Bomb (Causes 5 wood-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

Holy Bomb (Causes 5 light-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

Ice Bomb (Causes 5 ice-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

Lightning Bomb (Causes 5 lightning-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

Water Bomb (Causes 5 water-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 5 gold.

After not having been to the market in some time, Kiray found she needed to resupply before the fields run. She purchased 5 potions(10x5-50), then she grabbed 2 phoneix essences (2x50=100), 2 smelling salts (25x2=50). This left her with 814 gold.

I enter the Marketplace and sell my Ethereal Cloak for 110 Gold.
I then take the Opal out of the White Fur Coat and put it into the Cloak of the Grand Vizier.
I then buy 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Remedies, 1 Mead, 4 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrums, 1 Smoke Bomb, 1 Sleep Bomb, 1 Blind Bomb.

100+90+20+15+100+105+5+50+50 = 535*0.75 = 402-110 = 292 Gold Spent.

"May I inquire as to how much I can get for the Cloak of the Barbaric Runecaster (SP: 3; wearer creates and deploys a Skeleton Decoy at the start of every battle; Suitable for Battle Mages, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear)?"

Matthias scurries through the market, stopping at Anwyl's smithy to sell his Pongcanis Crossbow before arriving at Fabian's boutique. He has the Aquamarine removed from his Crocodile Handbag, then sells it along with his Winged Sandals. As he walks out of the fashion parlor, a Gentleman's Hat on display catches his eye, and he is delighted to find a secrete hidden inside it, a hidden armor plate making the hat more than it seemed. Walking back through the shop, the gnome finds that Fabian's tricornes are equipped with even thicker armor, but they just aren't Matthias' style. "This is a beautiful hat,he remarks to Fabian, "but could you improve it more? What about adding these two gems to the armor?"

Fabian is nonplussed at the prospect of doing work, but knowing he'll soon have the gnome's gold in his grasp, he takes the Ethereal Garnet and Aquamarine from Matthias and retrieves a set of jeweler's tools from his bench. Only a few seconds pass by before he presents the Ethereal Gentleman's Hat (SP:1; immunity to Earth and Water; protects from Sealed-effect; 1/2 chance to protect from Asleep-effect; suitable for men; headwear) to his customer.

Matthias sweeps off his Dapper Hat and carefully settles the new chimney on his pate. It fits perfectly, with just the right weight, and as he admires his height in Fabian's mirror, he hands the half-elf a gob of coins. "What price could you give me for this Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a ⅙ chance of being Encouraged at the start of any battle, headwear)? 10 gold?"

955 + 40 - 50 + 30 + 40 - 30 - 50 - 50  = 885 gold remaining

Edited by StickFig

Finally getting back to the city unavertibly went through the marketplace first. Not even sure what compelled him to get some charms and a newer pair of shoes. Plus for some reason made some gem adjustments. 

What was bought. 

Blessed Amulet for 40 Gold 

Snake Eye Charm for 40 Gold 

Winged Sandals for 80 Gold 

And removed Ruby from Black Knights Armor for 50 Gold 

Starting Gold 1316 - 40 - 40 - 80 - 50 = 1106 Gold left