KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Just got the Tie striker for 30% off on amazon with 2 day free shipping!
Wasn't sure I would get this set but 30% sales are rare in Canada so I pulled the trigger.

Added the U-Wing starfighter and Krennic's shuttle both also for 30% off!

Edited by duboismerci

On 17/03/2017 at 3:12 PM, duboismerci said:

Just got the Tie striker for 30% off on amazon with 2 day free shipping!
Wasn't sure I would get this set but 30% sales are rare in Canada so I pulled the trigger.

Added the U-Wing starfighter and Krennic's shuttle both also for 30% off!

Don't talk about it, I just did that too, with both K2 and Death troopers at 20$ CAN each... After all Tie fighters always look best in pairs :wink:

I also took the free amazon prime trial but remember to unsubscribe before 30 days or they are going to automitically charge you for a whole year. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Bought some sets from Amazon.de, since recently they have free shipping to the netherlands from 30€ or more.

Duel on Naboo for €23

Desert Skiff set for €31

The 2nd Phantom for €31

The two battlepacks from the recent wave, €13 each.

Sets are all great, happy with them for this price.

Also, I bought the Rogue One visual dictionary, which is a great book IMO, it exceeded my expectations!

For the Y-wing and Scarif bunker battle, I guess I'll wait till they're on a bigger sale.

18 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Don't talk about it, I just did that too, with both K2 and Death troopers at 20$ CAN each... After all Tie fighters always look best in pairs :wink:

I also took the free amazon prime trial but remember to unsubscribe before 30 days or they are going to automitically charge you for a whole year. 

Yes they do! But I am seriously starting to run out of space to display my sets. The striker will look amazing next to the normal tie, the tie prototype and my 1999 Darth Vader Tie advance haha.
And for the amazon trial, I already canceled  the auto renewal. It will simply expire in September.

Edited by duboismerci

3 hours ago, duboismerci said:

Yes they do! But I am seriously starting to run out of space to display my sets. The striker will look amazing next to the normal tie, the tie prototype and my 1999 Darth Vader Tie advance haha.
And for the amazon trial, I already canceled  the auto renewal. It will simply expire in September.

Prime just gives faster/free shipping right? Or are there other advantages? (cheaper sets?)

8 hours ago, TWP said:

Prime just gives faster/free shipping right? Or are there other advantages? (cheaper sets?)

Just faster shipping. 1-2 day instead of 3-5. I just took the free trial. The deals are for anyone. Brickset keeps a page where they update the sales on amazon. You can even chose your country and narrow the search to a specific theme (star wars for exemple :P)
I'll link it here.

Bought Kylo Ren's Shuttle BNISB for 61.50 including postage from eBay last night. Works out at ~45% discount.

Slight side question is there a good database / website listing of all star wars mini-figures?

Edit: Never mind answered my own question... found this http://brickset.com/minifigs/category-Star-Wars

Edited by Ahzeal

I accidentally bought 5 Imperial Trooper Battle Pack yesterday... :look:

15 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

What? How??

I think he bought them on purpose, hence the italics on "accidentally"

5 hours ago, duboismerci said:

Just faster shipping. 1-2 day instead of 3-5. I just took the free trial. The deals are for anyone. Brickset keeps a page where they update the sales on amazon. You can even chose your country and narrow the search to a specific theme (star wars for exemple :P)
I'll link it here.

Thanks. I don't even need faster shipping. I have patience :sweet:

Yeah, I know of the Brickset thing, but I use pricevortex.com (French website but it's easier)

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

What? How??

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think he bought them on purpose, hence the italics on "accidentally"

Yup. This happens all the time when there are sales promotion.

27 minutes ago, makoy said:

Yup. This happens all the time when there are sales promotion.

Seems very inconvenient :grin:

Recently got the new 75174 Desert Skiff, I didn't expect much but it is big.

the sarlacc is actually the best part about it, the dark orange is amazing 

Purchased a MIB Snowspeeder 75049 from BrickLink last night. Now I just need to get an AT-AT so I can have something for the speeder to wrap it's tow cable around. :classic:

New Y-Wing off Amazon for 52€. Further improvement over the already fairly reasonable price. It's nice. Some pretty clever building going on in the cockpit section, I did not realise the sides angled in like that.

@MakeNLego You liked the Sarlacc?  I agree the color is nice, but didn't like all the technic pieces just out there.  I just opened this set and I really liked the minifigs - especially the Skiff guard, but I'm not sold on the rest of the set.  Felt just a tad too basic.  

the sarlacc just reminds me of the Audrey 2 out of little shop of horrors it kept putting me off buying the set I have it now but I still dislike the sarlacc

Today in bought and built the 75175 A wing. I like A wings so this was a must buy for me.

For 49,95€, it's way too expensive for what you get. Compared to the 75150 A wing it's inferior. The only 2 things that are better are the guns and the storage space.

The landing gear is dreadfully done, i added a few pieces myself to make it look decent.

Even compared to the old 75003 it's not a good deal valuewise. It's a hastily rehatch of 75150, but with less bricks and more flaws.

Got a nice Bricklink order, containing Asajj Ventress and 30x Hoth Rebel trooper (€1,60 each!) amongst some parts. Really happy with the order c:

On March 27, 2017 at 11:40 AM, TWP said:

Got a nice Bricklink order, containing Asajj Ventress and 30x Hoth Rebel trooper (€1,60 each!) amongst some parts. Really happy with the order c:

I read that as 30x Asajj Ventress and could only think why? Then I reread that and it all made far more sense :grin: