lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

Will this include 'anchor' stores?

'BrickWild' - good question - answer is YES. A supermarket and discount store.....the supermarket might be a Foodland but the discount store - suggestions ?

Oh, anyway update time.....

0000_1_shopping_centre_094.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_095.jpg

Now what does everyone think ?

The mobile phone stand is next, though the menswear still needs it pants rack put in yet.

Comments welcome as usual. :sweet:

it tickles me that you did the underwear gondola before anything else in the menswear store. :laugh:

Looks excellent, Lightning Tiger! The pay phone and ATM are very well designed. The shops look good so far. One thing I think would make it better would be to make the people on the decals minifigures, but that would probably be very hard, and it's still great with the humans on it.

Well done, I look forward to the next update!

You really don't waist time expanding your city. I can hardly keep up with all the updates. :wink:

But the stores are looking good. I really like the way you did the stores entrances and the signs above them. Very realistic.

Looking forward to see the rest of the shops. (Is there going to a toy shop?)

Thanks to everyone today for your comments and suggestions, now it's not the first time it has been suggested about including minifigs in pictures/images I guess I could try on the larger ones. I start work on the Vodaphone dealer most likely on Monday, plus design a phone display plus get some customs tools/equipment for the shoe repair/key cutting stand.

Keep those suggestions comming and Brick On ! :grin:

P.S. Everyone needs socks and jocks at sometime ! :laugh:

One thing I'd love to see (and I think we'd all love)... is a Lego shop, with PaB wall!

Thanks for the suggestion 'Legoless', but sadly no again.....if Lego have not put a store in an Australian city yet why in a country town ? :blush:

If enough people ask I will either do another Toyworld or the discount store with have it's toy department in the front.....we shall see eh ? :wink:

The mobile phone dealer should cover the same area as the travel agent but we shall also see what pans out ! :grin:

Keep those suggestions comming ! :grin:

I spent an hour this morning on LDD comming up with a key cutting machine and wait to you see it - mind blowing stuff ! :laugh:

A shoe repair bench with buffer, finisher, press, sewing machine and workspace - all in less than 6 wide space.....if I can - I'll be burning the midnight oil for that on LDD tonight.

The stands - phone, shoe repair and coffee should be done within three days.

Keep those comments and suggestions comming.....you may never know if your ideas will end up in brick ! :grin:

Well I have been busy today, I have completed 70% of the equipment for the Mister Minit shoe repair/key cutting kiosk.....I'll try and have some photos up tomorrow morning (my time that is :blush: ) of these items. So watch this space or page or whatever :blush: for more updates.

Brick On ! :grin:

WOW! Just... WOW! Another great MOC on the way! Tiger, what do you do for a living? The world needs people with your skills and eye for detail and urbanization! Both in Lego MOCs AND out there designing the next world landmark, neighborhood or something as simple as a tyre store! :thumbup:

'Just subscribed to this thread! (yet another of your threads!) :thumbup:

I know people ask you a lot to have minifigs around your MOCs, but you know what I think it's one of the things that make your MOCs so great? You can FEEL they are alive WITHOUT a single minifig! Brick on!

Great work, just great work! Keep the pics coming!

Thank you 'Artifex' for those very kind words, once I have the smaller shops done first I will create some custom minifigs. The coffee kiosk - I'm not sure which brand to go with - please don't suggest Starbucks.....they went bust in my state.

I will say now....you ain't seen nothing yet....the best is still yet to come. Brick On ! :grin:

Quickly guess what this is ?

0000_1_ss_mach_99.jpg

Another one tomorrow, but then it will come quite clear in the next three days ! :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Brand ideas for the coffee shop:

The Coffee Club

Gloria Jeans

Aroma Cafe

All 3 exist in South Australia as well as here in WA and all 3 are found everywhere around here plus they give you options for more than just coffee if you want (lunches, snacks, cakes/pastries etc)

Brand ideas for the coffee shop:

The Coffee Club

Gloria Jeans

Aroma Cafe

All 3 exist in South Australia as well as here in WA and all 3 are found everywhere around here plus they give you options for more than just coffee if you want (lunches, snacks, cakes/pastries etc)

Thanks 'jonwil'. I'll look at The Coffee Club and Aroma Cafe - colours and styling very important to fit in with Lego bricks. :wink:

Any guesses what the mystery image is ?

Looks like a shoe polishing machine to me too. I haven't seen one of those in decades. There aren't many shoe repair places around here any more.

Thanks everyone so far today for your comments and guesses.....'Vincent' you are correct :thumbup: and 'spock' a close second !

It's a buffing/finishing machine with a sewing machine for shoe repairing to go into the Mister Minit kiosk....now you can guess what comes next for the KEY-iosk ? :wink:

Updating during the day, so keep an eye out for what comes next. :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Update time - Vodaphone Kiosk.

0000_1_shopping_centre_093.jpg

Three in a row now.

0000_1_shopping_centre_092.jpg

Mister Minit kiosk tomorrow.

Comments and suggestions still welcome......note - I have not made faces for the phones yet but I will in a few days ! :blush:

Update time - Vodaphone Kiosk.

0000_1_shopping_centre_093.jpg

Continued excellence. I love the little kiosk. Would you mind if I PM'd you?

~LCM

Edited by LegoCityMann

Continued excellence. I love the little kiosk. Would you mind if I PM'd you?

~LCM

Thanks 'LCM' and yeah, go for PM me - but I'll be offline for about an hour or so.....so a response might not be straight away.

Another quickshot - now both pieces of the Mister Minit kiosk are complete minus keys being cut.....oop's I was going to get people to guess that ah, well......my bad ! :blush::laugh:

0000_1_ss_mm_99.jpg

How these and a counter fit I'll work that out tomorrow......Keep on watching ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger