126 members have voted

1. 2. What is your opinon of this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Really bad

Thanks a lot for your review, Ras! :thumbup:

I'm really impressed by that set I have to say, the amount of details is just stunning. The figs are excellent as well, I especially like Flitwick and Filch which both look gorgeous :wub:

I don't want to nit-pick, but there are still some minor things that bother me (especially in comparison with the prelim version seen at this year's Toyfair), namely the colour changes of Filch's hairpiece and the sorting hat. In my opinion, both parts looked better in dark brown. It makes no sense that the hairpiece was shown in dark brown as it doesn't officially exist in that colour, which obviously means that they produced it particularly for the Toyfair. And seeing that we now get the bley variation instead, the presentation of the dark brown one was totally pointless in the first place. As I said, it's just nit-picking, but I really wanted to see that piece in dark brown. Don't ask me why, I guess I'm a sucker for dark brown (and dark tan) :laugh:

...Anyway, I can't wait till I can get my hands on the sets :grin:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I think one of the dementor heads is misprinted. If you look at the inventory page you'll see that it has the one dementor head listed as x2 so both of them should be the same.

No, it won't. Why? Because the 5378 is a hideous abomination. Seriously, apart from the greenhouse, it's awful :laugh:

Are you serious? I always thought it was the best Hogwarts set until this new one came around. :wacko: But then again, I don't own it, so I'll have to take your word for it...

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I think one of the dementor heads is misprinted. If you look at the inventory page you'll see that it has the one dementor head listed as x2 so both of them should be the same.

If you were to read the review, you'd know that they are double sided heads. :wink:

Okay, I am not an avid Harry Potter fan, but this set is beautiful! I have to get it! Next time I'm going out this is my target. Hermiones faces is excellent, and all the details and features are amazing. Another £70 quid out the door, there goes Black Ops Prestige Edition. :tongue:

Okay, I am not an avid Harry Potter fan, but this set is beautiful! I have to get it! Next time I'm going out this is my target. Hermiones faces is excellent, and all the details and features are amazing. Another £70 quid out the door, there goes Black Ops Prestige Edition. :tongue:

You may as well get Black Ops Prestige Edition, cause that set isn't coming out officially for another two weeks. Only a lucky few got some due to a blunder by Tescos.

I must say that was beyond me as well.

I tryed to put the smaller middle walls in different places and move around the different pieces from

how they originally was supposed to be, but there was no way. The way it was done in the end was the best.

Maybe it is done so you could add other parts from previous castles.

Have to wait for someone that has the previous ones to confirm that when they get their hands on this though.

ell, it has been designed to be a one-wall thing kinda, it was the same with the little castle-ish thing from skeleton ship attack from castle in 2007, and also with vladek's castle from knight's kingdom, and i'm sure many more sets. it bothers me a bit aswell, but since i'll have it standing with the back against a wall anyway, i'll just fold it up slightly, and it still will look good.

I am really not keen on this set.

The fact that you can't fold the castle up really puts me off.

It wasn't meant to fold up. Think the cinema or city hall from Town Plan. Open backed, meant to be played in. I don't know about any other HP castles, but It doesn't look like any of those do either...

It wasn't meant to fold up. Think the cinema or city hall from Town Plan. Open backed, meant to be played in. I don't know about any other HP castles, but It doesn't look like any of those do either...

I know what you are saying.

Obviously the target market is kids not adults like myself :)

I can dream they will one day do some Potter UCS

Edited by gingerling1980

I know what you are saying.

Obviously the target market is kids not adults like myself :)

I can dream they will one day do some Potter UCS

That would be pretty cool. The details they put in this castle, a UCS Hogwarts would be killer!

I am really not keen on this set.

The fact that you can't fold the castle up really puts me off.

At least the main tower folds beside the great hall as it should.

2002.JPG

hogwarts-660x474.jpg

I would just dis-attach the building with Dumbledoor's Office and set it across from the rest to be this building:

Hogwarts.jpg

Great minifigs and pieces... but it just seems so tiny compared to the previous Hogwarts sets.

Personally i would rather have a slightly smaller castle (and the floor plan is much greater btw) with a LOT more detail that a big, empty castle with giant holes in the walls. This rendition has a lot more life in it that previous editions did.

Sirius

*snip*

I want this set, It looks very cool and, it incluides Mrs. Norris!

Edited by Peppermint_M
Do Not Quote The Whole Review!

Please in future refrain from posting in older threads with such short and somewhat pointless comments. It pushes newer more relevant discussion down.

Also, please do not quote so much at once! Really a reply should just be made by clicking the "Add Reply" button at the top or bottom of a page, not the Reply button under a post. If you want to quote a member, please delete the non-applicable text and photos. It makes navigation of a thread easier and faster.

Thank you.

Thanks for great review!! But this is worst lego set EVER!

...and your comment is useless. If you're going to be so rude, you could at least explain why you think it's so bad. I personally own and like the set, and I don't like Harry Potter at all...