Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Just ordered the Portal Level Pack for Lego Dimensions. It was only 20USD so that's a decent price. Excited for when it arrives in a few days!

My local Walmart finally has the LEGO Batman Movie sets, so I got the Mr. Freeze and Catwoman sets.

71212 Emmet's Excavator

71221 Wizard of Oz

71203 Portal 2 

All from the 99 cents store. What a crazy fad this is. 

I got a used lot of what was supposed to be city vehicles and boats (modern ones) and a very small mtron set 6833 and another very  small classic space set.  I paid about $60 for it all shipped which was already a steal for what it was.

So I get the box open and start building only to realize and it also has #6928 the Uranium searcher,  and #6891  (gamma V) in it!!  I already have the Gamma V but I'll gladly have another.

About two weeks ago I bought a mixed lot for $120 that ended up having the palace cinema, the black pearl, the ghostbusters car, scooby do car, hearse from monster fighters and other stuff I can't recall without looking. Everything is complete and in like new condition. The whole lot was 50lbs total.

check your local ads guys, great stuff is available on the used market. Or don't, more for me :P

On 1/31/2017 at 3:54 PM, Vindicare said:

71212 Emmet's Excavator

71221 Wizard of Oz

71203 Portal 2 

All from the 99 cents store. What a crazy fad this is. 

I don't know if you are old enough to remember pic n save but stuff would show up there back in the 90s and I would think the same thing. Like why is this HERE?

What area of CA are you in? Maybe I can score some myself :)

Edited by Criosphynx
added thoughts

9 hours ago, Criosphynx said:

I don't know if you are old enough to remember pic n save but stuff would show up there back in the 90s and I would think the same thing. Like why is this HERE?

What area of CA are you in? Maybe I can score some myself :)

I'm in north, San Francisco area. Luckily there's one 10 minutes from me. You probably have better luck as those stores are more readily availabl down south. 

Lego Batman Movie haul..

Batmobile set

Jokers Lowrider set

Mr. Freeze set

Scarecrow Pizza set

3x Lego Batman Movie key chains

aaaand the free polybag. Yippie!

41 minutes ago, cheerfortheking said:

Is it weird to say that I bought Lego? .P

Not if you tell us WHAT you bought :laugh:

3851 Sunblock Game, twice used, for 2 Euros...2,5 Cents per Piece.

today I bought; 10737 batman vs Mr Freeze, 75091 Flash Speeder, 76048 iron skull sub, 76064 spidey mighty micros and a keyring for £53 from Lego and got a free tears of the bat poly. 

Then I went to Sainsburys at lunch and picked up the rogue one micro fighters and Lukes speeder at a big discount. today was a good day for bargains.  

22 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Not if you tell us WHAT you bought :laugh:

3851 Sunblock Game, twice used, for 2 Euros...2,5 Cents per Piece.

Some pretty awesome Rogue One lego pieces. Love them.

1GVxoC4.jpg

Wasn't that struck on the camper van when first saw it, but then took a closer look at the yacht build... nice. The 20 quid seaplane set I think is an instant classic. Would be great value even without a figure. The log cabin will go nicely with the older ones I have. Gonna get cracking and build one of these later!

Meanwhile I don't get the whole superhero stuff, I LOVE the personality of Batman in the new movie. Resistance was futile... all the collectible Batmans (+ the Gordons + Eraser) are sitting on the shelf now. :grin:

Stunning details on each! :wub:

Wife and I went on a weekend getaway that happened to have two LEGO store within stones throw of each other (30 minutes). First store yielded a cup full of grass stems (been waiting to see that for a while). Walked into the second store and my eyes lit up. Sitting in the discount section was the Ghostbuster Firehouse (GFH). Both this set and the Ecto 1 set have literally been my "dream come true" LEGO sets. I think I literally did a happy dance when both were announced. I've been putting off getting the GFH for a multiple of reason, mainly the price tag. I've been slowly saving my VIP points and recently got a nice gift card from work (years of service). So I made a beeline to red sticker set that was glowing like a beacon of hope, knocking over three kids in the process, to see what kind of deal was awaiting me. 1000 bonus points... almost triple points!!! Then I observed another set that caught my eye with the same captivating red sticker. It was the new Assembly Square modular set that also had an 1000 bonus points. Between the two sets I earned 2630 points ($130 value). In addition to all that they gave me two of the new Batman polybags instead of one. So when you add it all out.. with my previous points, gift card, and new VIP points I got the Assembly Square set for free. Which set do I get next? 

76054 Scarecrow Harvest of Fear

76056 Rescue from Ra's Al Ghul

30523 The Joker Battle Training 

75094 Imperium Shuttle Tydirium ... Damn, normally I don't buy Star Wars stuff. But it was discounted, so my hands grabbed faster than my brain could scream "Noooo!!!". Guess I'll sell it.