For a new commission, i heaved to worked complete out of my comfort zone.

Later on you get the full picture what my dedication was.:wink:

33459738123_17758fe562_c.jpg

Definitely. Not. A. Ship. *huh*  :laugh: Looks nice, but totally not what you usually build. At least tell me there is a decorative fountain, or something. :wink: When's the big reveal?

16 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Definitely. Not. A. Ship. *huh*  :laugh: Looks nice, but totally not what you usually build. At least tell me there is a decorative fountain, or something. :wink: When's the big reveal?

Thanks and off-course there is a decorative something in it.:wink: The displays( there are more than one) are already approved by the CEO and his team and the reveal for them is on the 1 of May and 2 May it stands at their shareholders conference and it's part of their presentation on a promotional movie.

So after that i can make some of it public and there is also a lot of color and water, ship, truck and other stuff in the displays and not only white, please be patient.:grin:   

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

1 hour ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

there is also a lot of color and water, ship, truck and other stuff in the displays and not only white

I can see what looks like a micro-scale train in the background, and a yellow tile in the foreground... perhaps it's built in blocks of colour? It would certainly be different...

1 hour ago, ColletArrow said:

I can see what looks like a micro-scale train in the background, and a yellow tile in the foreground... perhaps it's built in blocks of colour? It would certainly be different...

Yes it certainly be different.:wink:

A microscopic tug on a desk in one of the towers maybe

Edited by efferman

It's beginning to make sense... are you just building the scenes from the promotional video? That doesn't explain the little yellow bit in the first picture though.

That's a very good model of the oil platform by the way, I especially like the landing helicopter!

It will make sense when you see the overall picture.:wink:

Tomorrow is the delivery and next day is their shareholders meeting.

So after that i can make it public , but i go also on holiday for 9 days. 

Hi guy's,

I am back from my vacation and it's time to reveal some more information of my latest project. 

For the same client where i already was making a complete custom construction kit of ( it's not a ship) one of their products and they where so happy with the result, that they ask my if i can make some displays for their shareholders meeting last week.

They came with the request at the last day of March and where asking if i can translate this promotional movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAtVQo3zl04&t=28s in 2 displays in one month.

The biggest challenge where to squeeze 9 displays in the movie to 2 small displays 148x48= 7104 studs per display layer and just like the movie that every model have a different scale and their vessel and vehicle, must be build in full company color and where they work for in white.

In total there are some 25 K of bricks in the two displays and models and was a hell of job to Finished it on time and budget and have never make something like this, but the customer was extreme happy with the result in this extreme short time.

33761323833_e5e2b5afc0_c.jpg

34409560102_083f385328_c.jpg

34530396716_a5c0f079fb_c.jpg

34185452060_71cb2767cc_c.jpg

34530406136_6fa94c738a_c.jpg  

34530402686_d2126d354b_c.jpg

34185458870_e1a2eb96ed_c.jpg

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

1 minute ago, Legorigs said:

Wow, 25K (that's 25000, right)... did you use 1x1 plates ;-)

Only to lay the floor with 2x2 tiles are just over the 7000 tiles used for both displays.

Honestly, I'm away for a few months and you go and build these magnificent displays. It seems there's nothing you can't build and build well.

Please tell me you'll be building more ships in the future.

17 hours ago, grum64 said:

Honestly, I'm away for a few months and you go and build these magnificent displays. It seems there's nothing you can't build and build well.

Please tell me you'll be building more ships in the future.

Hi Grum64, it's great to hear something from you again and glad your back here.:thumbup:

I am currently work on four construction kits to deliver it out and 3 of them are ships and one kit is a truck with a technic chassis.:wink:

Thank you Edwin, it's really good to be back.

So pleased you're not giving up building ships. The truck sounds interesting. Are you allowed to give any further information?

35 minutes ago, grum64 said:

Thank you Edwin, it's really good to be back.

So pleased you're not giving up building ships. The truck sounds interesting. Are you allowed to give any further information?

Look close at the displays Grum64 and you find the answer for the truck.:wink: 

Ah, now it makes sense. It looks really good but I'm guessing you're building a larger scale one.

43 minutes ago, grum64 said:

Ah, now it makes sense. It looks really good but I'm guessing you're building a larger scale one.

Nope, it's in minifig scale with steering, adjustable working tracks, tilled cabin, complete interior, workshop were the doors and roof can be open and limited of 100 kits,