Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

Ambushing the Spire

With Lord Stark's aid, Alric now feels confident enough to harass the Spire's troops.

32356224443_528bfcbacb_h.jpg

32356223943_e1bf94a4b6_h.jpg

Lord Stark (@Brandon Stark) and Lord Drondil:

33015106822_8a4e1c778f_h.jpg

--------------------

Just a fast build to progress the story, nothing fancy here. Tryed out a combination of different shades of green, but I'm not completely satisfied. Also my very first time using a mixel-joint in a MOC. CC very welcome!

Additional image, figless:

32356224953_ba26a73cf7_h.jpg

Great work on this one titus, the rock work is supurb. The dk grern probably needs more layering but im fine with that. Tree looks great :wub:

3 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Nice scene! Love the rocks, and the bush on top is really nice!

Thank you Alfadas!

2 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

The landscape is great, love the shrub. :thumbup: However, the handle bricks on the edges of the base don't look real good, just leave the sides smooth.

Thanks! You're probably right about the base, I have recently used it with great effect and I thought "why not?", but I should probably 

have left it smooth.

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

Great work on this one titus, the rock work is supurb. The dk grern probably needs more layering but im fine with that. Tree looks great :wub:

Thanks Maestro! Dark green could indeed use some more detailing, but you don't see that anymore when you put figs on it :wink: 

Fun little build! I like the fig posing there, and the SNOT rock is lovely. My main quibble is with that bush up top, as it does not look very good, in my opinion, with the leaves in both horizontal and vertical orientations. All one direction or the other would be better. The use of the modified plates with bar in your base is a nice touch, though, and gives a little added detail. 

Finally the conflict begins to warm up again with a very convincing skirmish. The rockwork and posing are really nice.

The rocks, fig posing, and foliage are all stupendous. Looking forward to the next part of our crossover.

Nice vignette Titus, I'm liking the patches of green foliage :thumbup: The dark green looks great here as well, though the section of rock on the right looks a little too uniform, in my opinion.
That's a minor nitpick though. :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Excellent landscape, the bit of rockwork with small tree works well as a background for the fig action :thumbup:

On 28-2-2017 at 9:51 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine small scene - good luck against the Spire! We will all need it!

Aye, we will. Thanks captain!

On 28-2-2017 at 10:00 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Fun little build! I like the fig posing there, and the SNOT rock is lovely. My main quibble is with that bush up top, as it does not look very good, in my opinion, with the leaves in both horizontal and vertical orientations. All one direction or the other would be better. The use of the modified plates with bar in your base is a nice touch, though, and gives a little added detail. 

Thanks HQ! As for the bush: I tried to represent an evergreen, which are usually smaller at the top.

On 28-2-2017 at 10:26 PM, Muakhah said:

Finally the conflict begins to warm up again with a very convincing skirmish. The rockwork and posing are really nice.

Thank you!

On 1-3-2017 at 6:49 AM, Brandon Stark said:

The rocks, fig posing, and foliage are all stupendous. Looking forward to the next part of our crossover.

Thanks Brandon! I look forward to it as well.

18 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Nice vignette Titus, I'm liking the patches of green foliage :thumbup: The dark green looks great here as well, though the section of rock on the right looks a little too uniform, in my opinion.
That's a minor nitpick though. :classic:

Thanks LJ. And though it may be nitpicking, you're completely right about that piece of rockwork.

6 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Excellent landscape, the bit of rockwork with small tree works well as a background for the fig action :thumbup:

Thanks SK! Tree inspired by you, as is the base :wink: 

Nice little build, it's cool to see a small kinda collab, and I look forward to more :wink: The rock work is nicely done, just enough snot parts to look interesting, and all the different greens give a very Avalonian feel! Not too sure about the bush, but that aside great work here! :thumbup: