Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I wonder why Garmadon doesn't have his helmet and robes from the trailer in the Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate weapon. That set seems like a 3rd act set.

If my trailer-fu is as good as it used to be, I'd guess that the raid seen in the trailer is closing of first act or beginning of second.

3 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

Maybe Jungle Garmadon is more significant in the movie 

Of quite potentially not as significant, if Barbara Gordon/Batgirl is any judge of that.

3 hours ago, Borex said:

How many fish themes headpieces do we get?

Pufferfish, jellyfish, crab, antler fish, hammerhead shark and great white (shark), six in total.

8 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Pufferfish, jellyfish, crab, antler fish, hammerhead shark and great white (shark), six in total.

I guess i need to start looking for alternative bodies for the pufferfish and the crab. They're so funny.

and antler fish? Or angler fish? I think i missed that one. In what set is he in?

5 hours ago, Borex said:

I guess i need to start looking for alternative bodies for the pufferfish and the crab. They're so funny.

and antler fish? Or angler fish? I think i missed that one. In what set is he in?

The antler fish is Crusty from Jays Lightning Jet.

Fish baddies the whole movie... The other 2 Lego movies had a much more colorful villain cast. I hope there's some second awakened army near the end of the movie, maybe in that Ultimate Temple place.

26 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Fish baddies the whole movie... The other 2 Lego movies had a much more colorful villain cast. I hope there's some second awakened army near the end of the movie, maybe in that Ultimate Temple place.

More colorful villains? The LEGO Movie had grey robots and black squares.

Don't get me wrong, I love the black squares with a passion, but these weird fish people are certainly more colorful than the black squares.

3 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Maybe you're just recalling The LEGO Batman Movie because The LEGO Movie had mostly grey and black. Remove Lord Business' tie and he's also grey and black.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie has more colourful villains in my opinion even though they look silly.

7 minutes ago, makoy said:

The LEGO Movie had mostly grey and black.

Thought that was kinda the point in both The LEGO Movie and in The Ninjago Movie. The villains all get dark or neutral boring colors, and the heroes all get exciting and bright colors. Something something the psychology of character design... You get my drift.

Thank you all very much for the info and links! :classic:

The Ninjago City Chase set looks great! I really consider buying this one since it would for sure be a nice addition to every city. :thumbup:

The Masterfalls don't look bad either. And the ship might be cool, too, if there wasn't any super weappon or other crazy fantasy stuff inside.

The most I like the variety of all these excellently designed civilian minifigs - they would be useful in every City and East Asian medieval layout. So I hope that they'll be available seperately for a reasonable price at BL or ebay. :wub:

On 3 May 2017 at 11:41 PM, Exetrius said:

7, you missed octopus.

Villains of The Lego Ninjago Movie

Picture is from a guy on Flickr who got it from Micheal from TalkBricks over on YouTube

Edited by J4ck
Credit where credit is due

Ok ok ok.....  Saw them

My god. What a beautiful ship! It's just awesome. If that's a regular set, I can't imagine what the'll do with the D2C set!

Some of the villains are kind of meh, like the one in the Manta Ray Bomber, which looks like a regular City crook, but the citizens are amazing and very vell designed!

Master Falls has an excellent selection of minifigures

Is one of the sets called "Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon?" lol Those statues look interesting. Is the girl fighting them with a broom?? e.e

In the green dragon set: is LEGO going to release a super large laser beam piece? That would be like a 20L bar. Or that is just part of the artwork? That video I found is kinda crappy and I can't barely tell

Is one of the villains wearing a seashell headdress??? That might be very interesting for CMF S18

Ninjago City Chase looks beautiful as well

Overall, I think this will be the best wave for an in-house theme in YEARS

It's about time we heard something about the CMF line. They are suppose to come out on August 1st. I bet the official reveal will be at the SDCC (or around that time)

Edited by Robert8

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It's about time we heard something about the CMF line. They are suppose to come out on August 1st. I bet the official reveal will be at the SDCC (or around that time)

I thought it was 1st of September like all the other CMFs around that time of year?

Edited by J4ck

Just now, J4ck said:

I thought it was 1st of September like all the other CMFa around that time of year?

Nope. I recall It's August 1st, @Itaria No Shintaku can confirm it, right?

Just now, Robert8 said:

Nope. I recall It's August 1st, @Itaria No Shintaku can confirm it, right?

Haha news to me, what was you talking about when you said information the CMF line, I haven't heard anything!

Just now, J4ck said:

Haha news to me, what was you talking about when you said information the CMF line, I haven't heard anything!

I think it was in the catalog leaked earlier this year, but I'll check. 

I'll cut one my fingers if it isn't August

Well, actually I'm not THAT sure anymore. So, I'll cut one of @Itaria No Shintaku's fingers if it isn't August :laugh:

Just now, Robert8 said:

I think it was in the catalog leaked earlier this year, but I'll check. 

I'll cut one my fingers if it isn't August

Well, actually I'm not THAT sure anymore. So, I'll cut one of @Itaria No Shintaku's fingers if it isn't August :laugh:

I am a LEGO minifigure. I do not have fingers. :D

Something very strange is in Jay's lightning jet. Crusty is shown as part of the minifig line-up, but the one in the box art has a blue shark helmet piece??

i am new here and i heard about the new ninjago movie sets i seen the pics of them and i think they all look amazing  when these sets will be out in the uk??

19 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

More colorful villains? The LEGO Movie had grey robots and black squares.

Maybe "colorful" was the wrong word. I meant variety. TLM had black and grey yes, but there were skeletons, police, in ponchos, etc. The villains here are regular people with fish masks.

Looks like TLG hasn't gone crazy taking down all of the images/videos/links/etc. for the movie sets.  Perhaps that means we will be getting some more official images soon.

Also, does anyone know what 70610 is?  I believe that Just2Good said that 70613 is Garmadon's Shark-Mech which was revealed in the sticker book.  If you go by the pricing of the sets revealed so far, then 70610 is either 30 or 40 euros (either the same price as the manta bomber/master falls or water strider).  I doubt its a Ninja vehicle since it looks like Cole and Zane's vehicles are being saved for Wave 2.  So, I guess either a villain vehicle (Jellyfish flyer?) or another building landscape?

6 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Also, does anyone know what 70610 is?  I believe that Just2Good said that 70613 is Garmadon's Shark-Mech which was revealed in the sticker book.  If you go by the pricing of the sets revealed so far, then 70610 is either 30 or 40 euros (either the same price as the manta bomber/master falls or water strider).  I doubt its a Ninja vehicle since it looks like Cole and Zane's vehicles are being saved for Wave 2.  So, I guess either a villain vehicle (Jellyfish flyer?) or another building landscape?

Just2Good confirmed to me that Zane's Tank is coming THIS WAVE as a retailer exclusive. I'm not sure if it's 70610 or 70616, though. I assume it's 70616 since it should be a bigger set (even while scaled down), and also because that set number code name on the original list was ZT.

Edited by Puffle Pal26