Jim

[TC5] Technic C-Model Contest - Information Topic

Ok, thanks :wink:

Create a [TC5] topic, post all your models and we will tell you which one to use :wink:

You can use what's in the set(s) :wink:

Can I use pneumatics?

Yes you can!

However, you'll need to own the Tractor with Log Loader (http://brickset.com/sets/8049-1) to do it. http://brickset.com/sets/9641-1 is an educational set and probably not allowed, every single other pneumatic set is either older than 2005 or has more than 600 parts.

If you use the tractor, the only set you could possibly use as a second set (if desired) would be http://brickset.com/sets/8418-1.

If you want to "cheat" (it's allowed), and this goes for anyone, you could simply use pneumatics + any other part that can also be found in 8049(+8418). You don't have to own the actual set(s), although it's much easier if you do.

Same way one could use PF, as long as you only use parts that are only found in the hauler (8264-1). No need to actually own the hauler.

Edited by W3ird_N3rd

Hi Jim,

At what time should we add our entry in the entry topic? Sorry if you already explained this I must have missed it :blush:

Hi Jim,

At what time should we add our entry in the entry topic? Sorry if you already explained this I must have missed it :blush:

"Deadline date is November 30th, 2014. Contest will be closed on Monday the 1st, so you will have the entire Sunday to build."

Can be done at any time before the contest ends. Some prefer to wait for the very end so nobody can get inspiration from their builds, but it's up to you.

Greetings fellow AFOL's, and much thanks for letting me join in the fray.

I've been meaning to become a member for a while now, but I've never been one to throw in my two cents just to see myself talk.

I do love a good contest though, and this one is right up my alley, so here I am.

I now have to go dig through all my old instructions and hopefully find something good.

Good luck to all the competitors,

Cheers

CND

Hi, I hope this questions weren't already answered, 8 pages is a lot to read...

Should or can the post in entry topic also provide the pictures of used set(s)? What about leftover parts that some guys have been posting, photo needed or not? How will you check if one MOC is true to the rules?

Thx, best regards, miha

I will update the entry topic shortly.

Basically you need to post:

• Name of your model
  • Picture(s) of the original model(s)
  • Features of your model
  • At least a single picture of your model
  • Optional extra pictures of your model
  • Optional video of your model
  • Optional picture of leftover parts

The image manipulation discussion boils down to this;

I won't impose a rule to make a promotional image, which takes photo editing skills.

Besides that, the presentation is pretty much up to the user.

Altering colors of parts and replacing backgrounds is not permitted.

Manipulating (disallowed)

• Background replacements
  • Altering part colors

Modifying (allowed)

• Remove (part of) the background to have it equally coloured
  • Adjust brightness and contrast
  • Additional logo's - no real objections
  • Annotations - no real objections
  • Composite images - no real objections (if you can post more than a single picture)

Which basically mean that if I don't impose rules on creating a "promotional image", everything else is up to the contestant himself. So unless you start altering part colors etc,

Where shall I put the next two things?

I have updated the entry topic. Fire away.

I have another question, which might not be best put here, but it isalso about this competition: Since there were quite many discusion topics for the TC5 challenge posted, I tried to search the forum for "[TC5]" to see all that has been already built without browsing throuh the last "dozen" of pages of technic forum, but the search engine returns zero results. I chose to search here in this forum, so I don't know what I could be doing wrong. THX for help.

I like the challenge but after much thought, limited parts was too much for me. I have my nonsenses, things have to be monochromatic and highly functional and I haven´t found the right set or idea, so good luck to everyone that I will continue my MOCs until the next contest :thumbup: .

I have another question, which might not be best put here, but it isalso about this competition: Since there were quite many discusion topics for the TC5 challenge posted, I tried to search the forum for "[TC5]" to see all that has been already built without browsing throuh the last "dozen" of pages of technic forum, but the search engine returns zero results. I chose to search here in this forum, so I don't know what I could be doing wrong. THX for help.

Try this.

For the record: this site's search engine also doesn't allow you to search for keywords of less than 4 characters, so you can't search GBC for example :cry_sad: . And the flood control doesn't allow you to search within 30 seconds from last search. Thank god there's google. :laugh:

Thanks man, this code will come handy many times! Any ideas why there are such restrictions? Bot server fludding or similar hacks maybe?

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Not sure I'll have any time to build anything for this competition. I just landed a job in Washington State, so I'll be packing, doing a brake job and tune up on my car, spending Thanksgiving with family, and driving cross-country over the next 3 weeks. I know what I want to build, but not sure I'll have the time.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Search for TC5 on Rebrickable to find the TC5 entries uploaded there so far. Really like what I'm seeing!

Cool! Nice work :thumbup:

Well, I didn't do anything really this time, the authors themselves uploaded the models :laugh: I just tagged them with 'TC5' so they're easy to find.

Well, I finally got around to buying the sets I wanted to use for this contest. I just hope the idea I have in my head works with the parts available and that I can finish in time before monday :grin:

To give a hint, it uses the 42026 and 42007 and I will be using all 6 wheels :classic:

So many great models in this contest already and growing most likely in the next few days, but as always I'll be having a blast building something :sweet:

Edited by Appie