Sign in to follow this  
mpoh98

Ch II - Prologue - New Leadership - Discussion

13203285945_597fce3bbd_z.jpg

Ch II - Prologue - New Leadership - Discussion by mpoh98, on Flickr

Part 2 of the GoH Challenge Prologue.

Enjoy!

Feren sighed happily, breathing in the fresh night's air. Nothing like a walk in the night to freshen you up. Feren was taking another one of his nightly walks, pondering the change of leaders in Avalonia. Even though I will miss Lord Varis, Lord Simon is a very good friend of mine, and his loyalty to Avalonia is unquestionable. His leadership skills will prove useful in the coming times, as we will most likely soon learn what the Drow are up to, and what we need to do to defend. As he trudged through the alleyway, next to the tavern, his fine-tuned ears picked up a conversation. Cocking his head to one side, he concentrated on the source. It's coming from the 2nd floor of the tavern, he realized. Flattening himself next to the wall, he debated whether he should climb it, but discarded the idea. If someone walks by, that would be extremely embarrassing to be caught spying on 2 of my citizens. He listened in, and was just in time to hear them talking about their new leader.

13203538474_edbf9148e5_z.jpg

Ch II - Prologue - New Leadership - Discussion by mpoh98, on Flickr

"What do you think of this new leader, Simon of Nalderic?"

Feren's eyes widened, it was one of his Elite Rangers, a man by the name of Roger. He must be taking a break from his shift.

"Meh, I personally don't care, as long as he doesn't do anything stupid, and is fair, I'm good."

Feren nodded, this man was one of his friends, Gavin was his name. A good man, but slightly on the easygoing side of things, he was very lenient in political matters.

"Well," Roger said, "I am glad in the change, as my Lord Feren is a good friend with Lord Simon, I know him to be a fantastic leader, and a good man. I am sure he will make a wonderful leader."

Good man, Feren thought to himself. He yawned. It was time he went back to the keep, and to his toasty bed. I've heard enough, things seem to be going well here in Marrock Fortress......I really need to change the name of my castle, it's to repetitive with my island.....anyway my Rangers seem to like him, so that's good. I pray that Simon will turn out to be a good leader as we think he will be, we will need one soon..."

Turning around, he silently padded around the corner, and back to the keep.

Well, this is my 2nd entry into GoH for the Avalonia mini challenge, and it was an extremely fun build. I had fun building the interior, I need to experiment more with that. Tell me what you think of it, I would love to get better with interiors!

Critiques appreciated!

Thanks for viewing!

Soli Deo Gloria!

~Matthew~

Great build and photos! I like how you used the angled plates for the corner of the interior!

I really love the darkened appearance of the first photo. :wub: Great story too! I think you did great for the interior for being so small, especially with the angled plates and the arches. :thumbup: I do think, however, that the floor could use a few dark brown tiles and the tan walls look a bit too repetitive. Well done!

Great build and photos! I like how you used the angled plates for the corner of the interior!

Thank you Mike S!

I really love the darkened appearance of the first photo. :wub: Great story too! I think you did great for the interior for being so small, especially with the angled plates and the arches. :thumbup: I do think, however, that the floor could use a few dark brown tiles and the tan walls look a bit too repetitive. Well done!

Thanks HammerBro! Actually, the floor is all Dark Brown tiles and 1x2 plates. Sorry if it doesn't look like it is Dark Brown, but it is. :)

Lovely alley scene! I'll have to try that wall design. Nice story as well.

I do agree with HammerBro about the tan walls though.

Overall it's a great build and story! :thumbup:

Thanks HammerBro! Actually, the floor is all Dark Brown tiles and 1x2 plates. Sorry if it doesn't look like it is Dark Brown, but it is. :)

Oh, that is true, must be the lighting. :laugh: Well, what I meant was that a combination of reddish brown and dark brown makes a good effect. :grin:

Lovely alley scene! I'll have to try that wall design. Nice story as well.

I do agree with HammerBro about the tan walls though.

Overall it's a great build and story! :thumbup:

Thank you! Yeah, maybe it was a little overkill. :) It was my first time trying it out, so thanks for the critique!

Oh, that is true, must be the lighting. :laugh: Well, what I meant was that a combination of reddish brown and dark brown makes a good effect. :grin:

Ah, ok, I will see what that looks like next time. :)

Cool scene, I especially like the half timber section (inside and outside). Are those the new half arches inside? They work nicely :thumbup:

Nice build, great combo on the Ranger :grin::thumbup: The tan doesn't really bother me at all.

It seems like Feren sure likes spying (if you have any secrets you had better stay away from him, and especially from that street) :laugh::wink:

Excellent work! It appears the buildings in your town were built by the same mason :wink: I like the style of the 2nd story, and the interior looks great as well. I like your story also - I see they favor Simon over DeGothia.

Great job! Both the inside and outside look really good and nice work with the photography on the first picture!

One suggestion - it looks a bit odd with the green visible there on the bottom. If you stick the border out one stud width from the green baseplate, you won't be able to see it (though it will make the MOC ever so slightly bigger).

Cool scene, I especially like the half timber section (inside and outside). Are those the new half arches inside? They work nicely :thumbup:

Thanks Isaac! Yep, those are the new half arches! :D

Nice build, great combo on the Ranger :grin::thumbup: The tan doesn't really bother me at all.

It seems like Feren sure likes spying (if you have any secrets you had better stay away from him, and especially from that street) :laugh::wink:

Thanks Garmadon! Haha yeah, Feren just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. ;)

Excellent work! It appears the buildings in your town were built by the same mason :wink: I like the style of the 2nd story, and the interior looks great as well. I like your story also - I see they favor Simon over DeGothia.

Thanks Rogueang! Well, I just mainly focused on Simon, as he is the new lord over my region. We love DeGothia as well!

Great job! Both the inside and outside look really good and nice work with the photography on the first picture!

One suggestion - it looks a bit odd with the green visible there on the bottom. If you stick the border out one stud width from the green baseplate, you won't be able to see it (though it will make the MOC ever so slightly bigger).

Thanks Kai! Yeah, I keep forgetting about that....I will hopefully remember next time. :)

Love the mood achieved in the 2nd photo. Nice one mate..

Thanks Gunman! Glad you like it!