Sign in to follow this  
janatale

AoM: Archery Phase 2 - Archery School

Presenting Archery Phase 2 - Mitgardia Archery school. Here is where great Mitgardian archers learn the art of archery. Younger students practice on easy targets under the watchful eye of a Master archer. More advanced archers practice on life-like targets, aiming to hit the targets where the armor is missing.

10259183705_0af59f2b1c_z.jpg

View of the targets from the archers perspective.

10259179136_36aa12293d_z.jpg

Upclose view of the targets. After a quick talk with soccerkid about angling grass to create hills, I decided to give it attempt. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

10259283943_52ce1e086a_z.jpg

So I tried some new techniques that I have found throughout viewing other MOCs both here and other sites, including the rock wall, and the roof and walls of the building. I also tried to improve my photographing area to avoid capturing anything in my living room. C&C welcome!

I like the concept of more practising areas for the different stages.

An arrow through the eyeslit is a huge accomplishment, whoever did that ought to be given a medal.

Excellent build! I like that you included a small building and the targets look great :thumbup:

I like the angled supports in the building, and the little porch/deck thing is neat too. I think the roof might look better if it had a one stud overhang past the end of the house, that way the end of the house wouldn't be so flat. The angled plates look good, neat rockwork there too :thumbup:

Your fig posing also looks very natural and realistic, I especially like the two guy sitting on the bench talking to each other.

It's great to see you picking up new techniques from other MOCs and taking peoples suggestions to heart :classic:

Fantastic idea, I love how you made the targets for the to shoot at look like knights, instead of just straw circles. :laugh:

The angles in this are build are well done, especially in that corner. :classic:

I love the shed, it is simple, but still adds a lot to the scene. Well done!

Thanks everyone!

Excellent build! I like that you included a small building and the targets look great :thumbup:

I like the angled supports in the building, and the little porch/deck thing is neat too. I think the roof might look better if it had a one stud overhang past the end of the house, that way the end of the house wouldn't be so flat. The angled plates look good, neat rockwork there too :thumbup:

Your fig posing also looks very natural and realistic, I especially like the two guy sitting on the bench talking to each other.

It's great to see you picking up new techniques from other MOCs and taking peoples suggestions to heart :classic:

Thanks for the advice about the roof overhang. I think I will play around with some overhang ideas I have and will probably post an update later this week.

great stuff happening here! cool archery practise nice rocks etc. Some things you could improve. Try to add some more structure to the ground, real ground never looks completely grey, add patches of green, so tree leaves to have a ground coverage. I'd lower the house by about one bricks. Currently height and width do not seem to have a good ratio! Keep up the good work, but try to change some things before you move on!

great stuff happening here! cool archery practise nice rocks etc. Some things you could improve. Try to add some more structure to the ground, real ground never looks completely grey, add patches of green, so tree leaves to have a ground coverage. I'd lower the house by about one bricks. Currently height and width do not seem to have a good ratio! Keep up the good work, but try to change some things before you move on!

Thanks for the advice. I made some changes to the ground near the targets, adding some more grass and a tree stump. I also added some more slight elevation changes to the ground. As for the building, I took SoccerKid's advice and extended the roof to overhang the walls, which I think really improved the building. I probably could lower the house height, but then I would have to cut out the angled wood in the walls, or use really small windows, neither of which I wanted to do. I posted a new picture below:

10337507213_91181d71e7_z.jpg

Nice improvements, try adding just a hint of snow, considering this is mitgardia, it might help cover some of the gray,

The last version looks great, good job with the house and ground! I think the targets are a bit too close to the archers however, especially on the novice section? :wink:

The build does look much better, however, I always thought that those roofs look better with a plate along the bottom, where a gutter would go (this, in brown, of course, and you would have to find the ones that measured the right length) :classic:

Nice improvements! I really like the way you arranged the grass stalks among the green and bley plates, and the curving wall (which I didn't notice in the first pics because of the low angle) looks fantastic :thumbup:

Nice improvements, try adding just a hint of snow, considering this is mitgardia, it might help cover some of the gray,

Unfortunately almost all of my white plates/tiles are tied up in a Mitgardian landscape build I have been occasionally working on. Otherwise I would have added some snowy areas.

The last version looks great, good job with the house and ground! I think the targets are a bit too close to the archers however, especially on the novice section? :wink:

Thanks! As for the targets, these kids are new, they need to practice their short ranged shots first (And If I made this MOC bigger, than Phase 3 would have to be even larger and really don't want to take on too large of a build right now haha.)

The build does look much better, however, I always thought that those roofs look better with a plate along the bottom, where a gutter would go (this, in brown, of course, and you would have to find the ones that measured the right length) :classic:

That's a really great idea. I actually never considered how the bottom of the roof looks, but being able to see under the bricks isn't ideal.

Nice improvements! I really like the way you arranged the grass stalks among the green and bley plates, and the curving wall (which I didn't notice in the first pics because of the low angle) looks fantastic :thumbup:

Thanks!

Nice work! Love the dummies and house! Cool groundwork too! :thumbup: :thumbup: