Derek

Black Friday?

Any news on sets that will be on sale on Black Friday? ( The day after Thanksgiving in the US, in case you didn't know already.) I know Target usually puts out an expensive set for half price. Like last years was Vladeks Dark Fortress for $50 instead of the usual $100.

Edited by darthperson8

Any news on sets that will be on sale on Black Friday? ( The day after Thanksgiving in the US, in case you didn't know already.) I know Target usually puts out an expenive set for half price. Like last years was Vladeks Dark Fortress for $50 instead of the usual $100.

I don't have anything solid but a good indicator in the past is if Target stores start getting an older large set without having 'normal' shelf spacing for it.

This year I've noticed the targets around me getting copies of 7894 Airport, currently at $80. The stock is being put on a higher shelf and not displayed like the other large sets. To me, not the most exciting possibility but maybe worth it if it goes 50% off.

My guess for next year is the mini-fig star destroyer and the year after that probably the exo-force mobile devastator (I would wish for the MTT). Remember these predicitions so you can shower me with praise when it all comes true. ;-)

And I'm sure you know, Target does do price corrections if you buy something and the next week it is on sale. I'm not sure what the official policy is in terms of time limits but if you go buy it earlier in the week, you -should- be able to bring your reciept in and get the discount on that Thursday. I don't know if thats considered a dirty trick or not but Target when it opens that day is scary so I think of it as a safey tip :-D

-Tohst

Wow I hope it is either the Airport or ISD. I remember one year it was the Millenium Falcon, so i think the ISD is a strong possibility. I fit is the ISD i will prolly either but it or ask for it for X-mas X-D

No news yet. Keep your eyes open for ads in the Sunday Papers to come, since it is still early. But I'm not crazy enough to go to one of those stores on BF. No, no, no! They'll be so crowded! I'll just wait... unless the sales are too good to pass! (Like Dwarves Mine 1/2 off! Man, I'm hoping! ;-) )

I've never noticed any price reductions after Thanksgiving....

No,no,no It's just the day after Thanksgiving. Stores all over the country open early and have huge sales. Its typically just in the morning and some last for only a few hours. Its considered to be the "kick-off" of the Holiday shoppping season.

Hope that helps LoP, :-)

DP8

This year I've noticed the targets around me getting copies of 7894 Airport, currently at $80. The stock is being put on a higher shelf and not displayed like the other large sets. To me, not the most exciting possibility but maybe worth it if it goes 50% off.

ah...good observation. i wasn't even sure what this year's BF set was. i thought it was going to come later. i think you are spot on since the airport is a 2006 set. target recycles sets every six months so it's almost 99.99% certainty that the airport will be this year's BF set.

drat...i was hoping for SW sets...either sail barge or ISD. sail barge would have been excellent. i think it will be the new ebay set, replacing 4504. i.e. price will nearly double after a year. :-P it's just that popular. :-P

November 22nd this year, I think. ;-)

Thank you! I only know that it's somewhere in November :-)

Thank you! I only know that it's somewhere in November :-)

No problem. :-)

Personally, I'm really hoping for the big Aqua Raiders set to be the 50 percent off set- the base is awesome and that giant squid would make a wonderful Kraken. I'm getting kind of tired of using the Midgard Serpent. *wacko*

No problem. :-)

Personally, I'm really hoping for the big Aqua Raiders set to be the 50 percent off set- the base is awesome and that giant squid would make a wonderful Kraken. I'm getting kind of tired of using the Midgard Serpent. *wacko*

Ohh, that would be a great set next year. Sadly, I don't think it will happen unless there are new aqua-raider sets to complement it.

-Tohst

The airport by itself is full of useful parts, especially if you are building a modern type beach home for your sig fig.... X-D .

The ^%!$#$ plane is worthless.

Waste of plastic and money.

wow...that's one badass set. only 257 pieces for $79.99 original retail and $44.99 for BF! :-D

Thats strange that the ad says its 257 pieces because S@H says it has 700 8-| I think 700 is much more resonable for a set this size. The passenger plane set which is just a plane similar to the one in this set is 401 pieces.

Silly Target! Tricks are for kids.

DP8

Thats strange that the ad says its 257 pieces because S@H says it has 700 8-| I think 700 is much more resonable for a set this size. The passenger plane set which is just a plane similar to the one in this set is 401 pieces.

Silly Target! Tricks are for kids.

DP8

hence my earlier comment about it being a badass set. ;-)

I just went to target five minutes ago - They are stocking up, I also asked the manager some questions about the polocies for you all!

- There is NO layaway option, so you cant individually set one away and pick it up on sale.

- There is a policy of if you buy it, and after you buy it goes on sale, you have 14 days to bring the recepit and get the balance back

- They didnt tell me if the sale would go on after black friday - does anyone know if it will?

drat...i was hoping for SW sets...either sail barge or ISD. sail barge would have been excellent. i think it will be the new ebay set, replacing 4504. i.e. price will nearly double after a year. :-P it's just that popular. :-P

:-D I got one for 40USD at the Wal-Mart in Hilo *wub*

The suprise was that the sticker said 60USD but at the cashier it rang up 40 USD!!!

They had about 5 left, I knew I should have gotten all of them! :-(

BF(black friday) over here usually is crap, no good Lego sales (no target, TRU) and no good electronic sale

A dream BF would be everything in the store is 75% or 50% off :'-) :'-)

Sales and Dream BF On!!

Piranha

I can see myself buying the airport and converting it into a Mr. Freeze HQ of some kind...

And using that plane and the Passenger Plane for some spectacular mid-air collisions with my son...

Yikes! This really belongs in the buy, sell, trade forum... 8-|

People need their black friday news! *sweet*