Sign in to follow this  
TWO2SEVEN

Country In Your City?

Hopefully in the next few years we will be able to move in to a house that will have room for me to build a Lego city with my son. I have seen a lot of people who incorporate a beach in to their layout. Does anyone here have a "country" or forest area? It seems like it could work well with sets like the Log Cabin, Mountain Hut, Camper Van, etc.

Anyone have pictures of something like this in their city? I know there is no way that I am the first one to think of this haha. :)

How about a waterfall (with train tunnel running through it). Haven't developed out the basin of the falls and wooded area yet.

Wow! Very impressive!

Hopefully in the next few years we will be able to move in to a house that will have room for me to build a Lego city with my son. I have seen a lot of people who incorporate a beach in to their layout. Does anyone here have a "country" or forest area? It seems like it could work well with sets like the Log Cabin, Mountain Hut, Camper Van, etc.

Anyone have pictures of something like this in their city? I know there is no way that I am the first one to think of this haha. :)

It has always seemed like a great idea to me, too. I have a small forested area in one of the corners of my city/railway lay out, but that one is none too big - lack of space. However, once I can move to our attic (only a year or two... Patience, patience...) i will have the space to make a bigger 'country' area, with forest and farmland. And yes, the Camper Van will travel there!

It's only a plan at the moment, not physical bricks, but someday my city will have fully fleshed out forest and country areas.

I'm working on a forest area (to accommodate the recent City logging truck. Waiting on some parts from PAB and I'll be done, will try and remember to post a photo!

Lots of great looking photos, I envy you all having the space for such large displays! I too, just don't have the room.

I would love to have more trees too.

I only have a few buildings in my town--it's in its very early stages--but I'm modeling it after Colorado mountain towns, so I plan on having lots of country/scenery. Just a stream so far, though.

Edited by Mariko

I have planned to make a forest in my city ..... now we have beach and mountain.

10592827_716515791748196_6836565192913300804_n.jpg?oh=4502e7d6ba17d4d395e4e2fe27733a5e&oe=5486B509

10562948_716515835081525_6290963646935659390_n.jpg?oh=93ceb83af5457bc3aea33b7e86609e02&oe=549469DC&__gda__=1420381878_4541537ce84990976ded4e74b6e24d44

1966940_645249615541481_1840036860_n.jpg

1537939_732003793532729_2639148775386928497_o.jpg

Here, in the back to the forest

10630764_732003750199400_6914905341968116314_o.jpg

10648572_732003630199412_3166094547107088022_o.jpg

Very impressive!

Lots of great looking photos, I envy you all having the space for such large displays! I too, just don't have the room.

I would love to have more trees too.

I envy the space too!

If my Lego room were 100 m2 and my money and time endless, then I would have country next to my town. Now I think I can better have a nice little part of a town, than a mishmash of both.

The PennLUG layout has a town section, Jersey Shore area of beach, country that resembles PA Dutch farmlands, a train yard, and this year, some wooded suburb areas. Past years have included a vineyard as well as other nice country scenes. Pictures of their layouts from various events over the years can be found at this link.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/pennlug/

a country/forest/mountain area always looks good. better if it's built with tunnels for trains

a country/forest/mountain area always looks good. better if it's built with tunnels for trains

But the Allegheny Ridge Windfarm in PA does not have a nearby town in real life....

(It also does not have a solar electric plant either because PA is full of shale to frack and gas turbine peakers back up windfarms but that does not look eco-friendly in a layout.)

14472866304_be04bf3b04_z.jpg

Our city has a beach/camping area set up next to a mountain. I'll get some pics up here later tonight after work.

I do a lot of RV camping in the summer, so I plan on adding a large campground to my layout in the near future.

Interesting topic, I have always been tempted to build a city however I'm not a fan of cities in real life so I've been planning a small town surrounded by lots of countryside.