I always say that I saw this type gearbox in Tyler Reid cars, you need more room but you get more realism.

I like realism even the front mounts are well replicated scale is dead on. A non lego guy would instantly recognize this model!

I already ordered the last remaining 15% of parts I need to complete this build. They will be coming from 19 different sellers.

I can't wait to put together this bad boy. I bought the offiical Lego F40 last weekend only for comparison purposes for this version. LOL I'm excited to do some photography with it.

First of all, thank you very much for your work!

I also just bought all the pieces for the hood and now debating if I want to build it or wait for a new, updated version.

Any "spy shots" of new pieces by chance? How much was the rear changed?

Thanks again!

I did a few esthetic modifications here and there. I also have the Ferrari emblems stickers from the F40 set that I will be putting on the hood and sides of the car. I am just going to wait and see if a better version of the hood becomes available. The seats are tan with black line through the middle of them.

Thanks for a very beautiful model.

1280x854.jpg

Edited by technic_addict

I did a few esthetic modifications here and there. I also have the Ferrari emblems stickers from the F40 set that I will be putting on the hood and sides of the car. I am just going to wait and see if a better version of the hood becomes available. The seats are tan with black line through the middle of them.

Thanks for a very beautiful model.

Wow! That looks gorgeous! The car looks so much better when the front exposed wheels are covered by the hood! What 2 pieces did you substitute for where the emblem will go? (Are those 1 x 5 Technic beams?) How long was your total build time once you had all the pieces?

Wow! That looks gorgeous! The car looks so much better when the front exposed wheels are covered by the hood! What 2 pieces did you substitute for where the emblem will go? (Are those 1 x 5 Technic beams?) How long was your total build time once you had all the pieces?

Yes. I took out 3L axle and center pin connector, 4L thin beam with stud connector and the bushing and replaced with 5L beams. Looks much neater and with a sticker placed will look even nicer. I also added tiles to the rear wing which makes it look so much nicer IMO. The side emblems I am planning on putting on the 3L axle and center hole connector.

Slightly blurry, but picture of tiles on the rear spoiler.

I don't keep track of how many hours but this was a fairly straight forward build compared to the last MOC I did. The gear box is a bit finicky to get everything aligned but everything else is quite easy.

1280x854.jpg

Just 44 pieces left to go!

Waiting and being patient for all the pieces to arrive for a MOC build gets me anxious. lol

brickset_parts_needed_6-24-16_zps1yhhcpfl.jpg

I hope it is not a bother to reopen this thread. Due to our special situation I will have time to do something and I already have been working on the F40 rebuild, using the new pieces for maybe a Competizione version. It is almost the same but improving all the bad parts, better steering wheel system, improved bonnet, better suspensions, reduction of the number of pieces, I still don´t know how did I use so many... and more things like put or not to put the gearbox. I do not think it will be a very evident change on the outside but the inside it is quite different.

It is a nice pic, if you look carefully the bonnet is too down in the center part I do not know why, the new one allows a better suspension and steering system and I think that one stud more of height on the roof would not hurt, we will see... It is hard to apply my minimalistic style to an aesthetic MOC but it would be good on the inside.

mat2zUp.jpg?1 yIhl57X.jpg?1

@jorgeopesi You should definatelly revisit the gearbox as well. I can see nothing that would prevent you from putting the shift lever in the middle between two gears and engaging them both at the same time. Thats not good.

And using liftarms instead of axles for the shift links should make the system more stable as well.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:39 AM, jorgeopesi said:

I hope it is not a bother to reopen this thread. Due to our special situation I will have time to do something and I already have been working on the F40 rebuild, using the new pieces for maybe a Competizione version. It is almost the same but improving all the bad parts, better steering wheel system, improved bonnet, better suspensions, reduction of the number of pieces, I still don´t know how did I use so many... and more things like put or not to put the gearbox. I do not think it will be a very evident change on the outside but the inside it is quite different.

Wow! This is fantastic news! I would absolutely love to see you make a Competizione version!!  Please make this happen!! Your work is amazing!!

15 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@jorgeopesi You should definatelly revisit the gearbox as well. I can see nothing that would prevent you from putting the shift lever in the middle between two gears and engaging them both at the same time. Thats not good.

And using liftarms instead of axles for the shift links should make the system more stable as well.

I will think about it :thumbup: .

9 hours ago, bricks360 said:

Wow! This is fantastic news! I would absolutely love to see you make a Competizione version!!  Please make this happen!! Your work is amazing!!

Thank you, looking for old pics I discovered that I already had done something so this will help me it is just a reverse own work using new parts if it is possible. Removing the awful steering system it is already a triump.

MbMl9fi.jpg

KDLZo7M.jpg

Pw2NSAx.jpg

Hah, and I'm already at 99% of the parts, maybe I should wait a little bit before proceed with the build? :)

While remodeling, perhaps you could you use less of hard to get (expensive) parts too? I'd like to build it one day, however 3.1% of parts I'm missing cost an arm and leg.

5 minutes ago, Kevin86 said:

Has anyone noticed that the old listing on rebrickable is missing?

Indeed, the whole account is gone I see.

There were two listings on Rebrickable. The original one by Jorgeopesi and the revised one by Thorsten. I didn't see either when I browsed Rebrickable just now.  

Thorsten has deleted his account on rebrickable after he saw the takeover joke from rebrickable. He didn't realize it was a joke at the time which is why he deleted immediately to avoid counterfied.:sadnew: 

11 minutes ago, T Lego said:

Thorsten has deleted his account on rebrickable after he saw the takeover joke from rebrickable. He didn't realize it was a joke at the time which is why he deleted immediately to avoid counterfied.:sadnew: 

Wow, what the hell? I didn't even realise that happened...how long ago was it?

2 hours ago, T Lego said:

Ah, that's too bad. The post was kind of funny but I understand from Thorsten's point of view.

That being said, I hope he come back, because his work was great. I feel so fortunate to be one of the few owners of Jorge/Thorsten's F40 MOC. It really is a beautiful work of art.

I probably have the instructions somewhere on my PC, but no parts list. If anyone is interested I’ll upload it. I do have the original LDD file (for sure) which I could export into a parts list but I believe Thorsten has made some changes here and there. 

@bricks360 The original one was long gone way before. 

I have all the LXF files but they are mine original ones without the changes made by Thorsten, anyway I was working in the new one much more improved and I will do instructions with MLCAD.