Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

Oooh, what I do have is some very cool news though.

71040 is a MINIFIGURES D2C for 2016 - well, that's its code name (that I've heard for now). So, could it be The Simpsons or even a Disney D2C? Only time will tell, but I think it's a Simpsons one. So LEGO Simpsons is not dead yet, I hope. :wink:

If it's a "mini figures" D2C, wouldn't Simpsons need another CMF line in 2016? We have no news that they're getting a third one. Sorry, but my money is on Disney. Simpsons got a D2C the same year their CMF series debuted too.

If it's a "mini figures" D2C, wouldn't Simpsons need another CMF line in 2016? We have no news that they're getting a third one. Sorry, but my money is on Disney. Simpsons got a D2C the same year their CMF series debuted too.

Why would Simpsons need another minifigures series for there to be a D2C? Also: just because there's no news doesn't mean there isn't another minifigure series.

You have not supplied the necessary logic.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Why would Simpsons need another minifigures series for there to be a D2C? Also: just because there's no news doesn't mean there isn't another minifigure series.

You have not supplied the necessary logic.

Because he said it's titled "mini figures D2C" which, to me, sounds like it's based on a CMF series and Simpsons doesn't have one in 2016..

Because he said it's titled "mini figures D2C" which, to me, sounds like it's based on a CMF series and Simpsons doesn't have one in 2016..

The Simpsons will still technically be a CMF series if it isn't featured next year and just taking a break. Besides, it hasn't been confirmed there's no CMF Simpsons series next year.

The Simpsons will still technically be a CMF series if it isn't featured next year and just taking a break. Besides, it hasn't been confirmed there's no CMF Simpsons series next year.

I agree, though it's almost guaranteed there will be no Simpsons CMF next year. However, I don't think that'll stop them from making another D2C.

I agree, though it's almost guaranteed there will be no Simpsons CMF next year. However, I don't think that'll stop them from making another D2C.

It would be nice if we got a set of the Springfield sign with a few minifigures that haven't been released yet. That one would be worth an expensive price IMO.

The Springfield Town Hall?

Well, it isn't the set I would prefer to get from the simpsons, surely not if it's the last one, but it would be a very interesting set just for a Lego Build, I can't actually think of a set like that, I believe we never goth such a thing, I would definitely buy that. But I think we can get quimby also at totally different sets like a set that includes the springfield sign and statue, maybe even a store.

We really have no idea what Lego is going to do next year for Simpsons, so nothing is almost guaranteed. They could do another CMF next year. We just have to wait and see.

We really have no idea what Lego is going to do next year for Simpsons, so nothing is almost guaranteed. They could do another CMF next year. We just have to wait and see.

There are 4 CMF's coming next year. 3 of them are confirmed (Series 15, Disney and DFB) and 1 speculated but likely (Series 16)

So, it seems no Simpsons next year

I was thinking if it were a D2C, it would presumably / obviously be a UCS-style set, and it's not that unusual to have UCS and non-UCS versions of the same thing out simultaneously.

That said, it's also one example. I mean, in the LEGO world, "MF" can mean minifigure, Millennium Falcon, Microfighter, Monster Fighters... any of a number of things, really. It's possible those are the initials of a new modular building, for example.

I think the set code has a lot to do whith what is a minifigure series and what is a sw ucs set for example. Even though mf could mean anything, we know what it's not.

Well, it isn't the set I would prefer to get from the simpsons, surely not if it's the last one, but it would be a very interesting set just for a Lego Build, I can't actually think of a set like that, I believe we never goth such a thing, I would definitely buy that. But I think we can get quimby also at totally different sets like a set that includes the springfield sign and statue, maybe even a store.

I would definitely buy a Springfield sign + Jebediah Springfield statue set even if it was expensive. That would be amazing.

You know.... The Springfield Town Hall sounds good to me

And they already have the hat piece for the Jebediah Springfield statue

$_35.JPG

You know.... The Springfield Town Hall sounds good to me

And they already have the hat piece for the Jebediah Springfield statue

$_35.JPG

They can't use that, since all Simpsons Minifigures have moulded heads... :look:

They can't use that, since all Simpsons Minifigures have moulded heads... :look:

Well...... perharps..... they could..... ..... glue it (?) into the moulded head. Yep, that's it :classic:

You're right :grin:

I think the set code has a lot to do whith what is a minifigure series and what is a sw ucs set for example. Even though mf could mean anything, we know what it's not.

Okay, but then what does "D2C Minifigures" even mean? A blind-bagged minifigure series sold only through LEGO's own stores?

I mean, I'm going to assume we're not talking about sets that combine the blind-bagged presentation of Minifigures with the size and price of a typical D2C, as surely no one here thinks LEGO would have us spend $200+ on a single box containing nothing but unknown mystery minifigures.

Are we talking about a giant-sized, brick-built model of a minifigure, à la 3723?

Found that Bart fun pack a little early at my TRU, here's a look at it!

22232804946_38a52a1ce7_z.jpg

22269358251_5eb8d85176_z.jpg

You get two of that nice new lightning print on that double cheese slope, and even an extra sling shot! :sweet:

Edited by just2good

Hey, I just noticed a new mold in Lego dimensions, the 3 eyed crow (the one we see sometimes in the intro). But just like with quimby I have no idea if this means anything.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Found that Bart fun pack a little early at my TRU, here's a look at it!

You get two of that nice new lightning print on that double cheese slope, and even an extra sling shot! :sweet:

I love how it's based on Bart's soapbox racer pre-Honour Roller.

Edited by Clone OPatra
Please don't quote recent images

Hey, I just noticed a new mold in Lego dimensions, the 3 eyed crow (the one we see sometimes in the intro). But just like with quimby I have no idea if this means anything.

I don't think we should start assuming yet, Jimmy Olsen, Balrog, Mumsy-Doo and many more are in the game but not in any sets

Here's a look at the Krusty LEGO Dimensions fun pack!

22597797031_bff276fbd0_z.jpg

22560609796_03ae289643_z.jpg

Man, I wish this fun pack had more exclusivity to it. It's really gonna please people who want to play as Krusty, but there's not really any interesting pieces or prints here. Krusty is the exact same as the Simpsons figures Series 1 version... :sad:

Someone on reddit suggested LEGO make a Simpsons Advent Calendar! I think that's a great idea. A way for them to do some more fun mini builds and maybe new molds for some missing characters? Anyone else like that idea?

They seem to only do three advent cakanders a year, one for each of the core teams: City, Star Wars and Friends. If there was a market for more advent calanders I say they would've started by now

I didn't even know LEGO made advent calendars. Do you get any chocolate?

No, little Lego models in each one (and minifigures)