Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

I'd say that expecting the third CMF Simpsons series is not a wise thing. Even without other licenses, Simpsons' existence is already competing with LEGO's CMF regular series in the view of annual schedule issue. Since there are other good candidates of licenses LEGO already cooperate with for some time, Simpsons shouldn't litereally monopolize the CMF series line.

I agree that not all people could afford Simpsons' house and Kwik-E-Mart, but that doesn't say LEGO couldn't do some medium sets with other new characters so that consumers and kids can afford. If it's just that fans want to get new Simpsons characters in a cheap way (CMF series), that sounds abit spoiled.

Not even mention Dimensions packs which are not really cheap, though perhaps, still fast for fans to get.

As for Moe, I guess Moe's Tavern has a very poor chabce to pass the test as a regular set, but Moe the character himself doesn't have to be rejected. Hopefully he'll eventually appear in any set which is unrelevant with alcohol thing.

I really hope they do some medium sets. I wouldn't mind a medium Simpsons set.

I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, Im glad the CMFs are freed from the grip of a licensed theme, but I would like to see more actual sets, just for LEGO to push the envelope, and because I actually am a fan of the show.

I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, Im glad the CMFs are freed from the grip of a licensed theme, but I would like to see more actual sets, just for LEGO to push the envelope, and because I actually am a fan of the show.

First of all, we haven't had actual prove yet that the simpsons series will stop, second, I have to disappoint you, the cmf's aren't Freed of the licensed themes yet, even if the simpsons will stop, now we will have Disney cmf's. I'm sorry man.

Yeah, thats why I wrote freed from *a* licensed theme - small steps and all that. I will hold off judgement on the Disney theme just yet. And its enough that the Simpsons are taking a break, even if they arent gone for good. I would hope for a Simpsons-free CMF run in 2016.

Here's a look at the physical brick set of the LEGO The Simpsons level pack for Dimensions!

21871104675_a7b77f528c_z.jpg

21880715691_15eab7d9dd_z.jpg

Overall, definitely not the best value (disregarding the content you get in game). The exclusive printed 2x2 Itchy and Scratchy tile is a great exclusive print, though, and there's some rare and exclusive pink-colored bricks here. I really like the build of the TV, as well!

Here's a look at the physical brick set of the LEGO The Simpsons level pack for Dimensions.

Overall, definitely not the best value (disregarding the content you get in game). The exclusive printed 2x2 Itchy and Scratchy tile is a great exclusive print, though, and there's some rare and exclusive pink-colored bricks here. I really like the build of the TV, as well!

I like the idea that you can build the Family Sedan three different ways. One of the things I liked about the LEGO Ideas Delorean.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures/Videos

A: Doesn't matter so long as they don't reference his selling of alcohol. Maybe he sells Buzz Cola in the LEGO universe?

I didnt really see this happening, but since I saw just2goods review of Homers dimension set with Homer holding a Buzz Cola can, this scenario actually seems like a good way to get Moe.

Yeah, thats why I wrote freed from *a* licensed theme - small steps and all that. I will hold off judgement on the Disney theme just yet. And its enough that the Simpsons are taking a break, even if they arent gone for good. I would hope for a Simpsons-free CMF run in 2016.

Don't count on it.

So far we know Series 15 (January) will be regular, then we have the Disney Series (May), the special DFB Series (June) and just2good said in the Special LEGO Themes forum that Series 16 will be regular as well and he thinks September will be the release date.

So, no Simpsons CMF for 2016

Edited by Robert8

Don't count on it.

So far we know Series 15 (January) will be regular, then we have the Disney Series (May), the special DFB Series (June) and just2good said in the Special LEGO Themes forum that Series 16 will be regular as well and be thinks September will be the release date.

So, no Simpsons CMF for 2016

Oooh, what I do have is some very cool news though.

71040 is a MINIFIGURES D2C for 2016 - well, that's its code name (that I've heard for now). So, could it be The Simpsons or even a Disney D2C? Only time will tell, but I think it's a Simpsons one. So LEGO Simpsons is not dead yet, I hope. :wink:

Edited by just2good

76040 is a MINIFIGURES D2C for 2016 - well, that's its code name (that I've heard for now). So, could it be The Simpsons or even a Disney D2C? Only time will tell, but I think it's a Simpsons one. So LEGO Simpsons is not dead yet, I hope. :wink:

76040 is braniac attack :(

71040 is a MINIFIGURES D2C for 2016 - well, that's its code name (that I've heard for now). So, could it be The Simpsons or even a Disney D2C? Only time will tell, but I think it's a Simpsons one. So LEGO Simpsons is not dead yet, I hope. :wink:

:oh: What????? You can't just drop that bombshell without any further explanation :grin:

Edited by Robert8

:oh: What????? You can't just drop that bombshell without any further explanation :grin:

Well, I mean, that's all I know, it's 71040 MF D2C 2016 Confidential.

Disney Castle. Something Disney. Calling it.

Someone should make a list for these D2Cs. On it!

Remember when D2Cs were surprises and we didn't hear about them until they were revealed? :tongue:

Because of just2good or do you know more?

Remember the rumors about an android dungeon coming? I'm sure it will be the only Simpson's set we get in 2016. I can't see us getting an actual Lego collectable minifigures set. But who knows, a Disney set could come out with the upcoming Disney series.

Edited by amazingbricks

Well, I mean, that's all I know, it's 71040 MF D2C 2016 Confidential.

And you know that "MF" is not, say, "Millennium Falcon", for example?

And you know that "MF" is not, say, "Millennium Falcon", for example?

They just released a new Millennium Falcon a month ago

I don't think they are going to release another one any time soon

I was thinking if it were a D2C, it would presumably / obviously be a UCS-style set, and it's not that unusual to have UCS and non-UCS versions of the same thing out simultaneously.

That said, it's also one example. I mean, in the LEGO world, "MF" can mean minifigure, Millennium Falcon, Microfighter, Monster Fighters... any of a number of things, really. It's possible those are the initials of a new modular building, for example.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

It would be great if it's a £80 set instead of a £150-£200-plus one.

Maybe there's a set next year where Mayor Quimby appears in. I noticed him in several gameplay videos in The Simpsons Dimension level.