CM4Sci

2015 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Brick Shop has this logo on their site if you click on a set from this theme. Pretty much confirms the name is Speed Champions:

SC.jpg

Well, that's quite a bombshell.

Although I don't think that's the bombshell to end this thread.

I hope that LEGO stays well away from any sort of Top Gear branding, and by association, anything to do with that embarrasing bigot Clarkson. I'm not sure how that rumour gained any credibility in the first place.

As for the sets, I hope there's some nice 8-wide vehicles. Can't get enough of those.

1. I truly hope that these sets are released in the states. It would be horrible if the entire theme was obscured by the giant Bionicle-cloud. Also, Americans don't get really excited by cars unless they cough up dark smoke and smell like gas, but IMO there will still be a market for these here in the US.

Not me.

And I think these models will be built the way Peter Blackert does his cars, only smoother... and possibly new wheels.

I thought my cars were smooth?

Just kidding. I am looking forward to seeing the theme, whatever form it takes - and yes, it would be good to have some new wheels.

Edited by lego911

It took me a while to warm up to Top Gear UK, but once I got over his politics, I found Clarkson to be quite funny. I almost never agree with him on any subject, but he's entertaining and I love the show.

1. I truly hope that these sets are released in the states. It would be horrible if the entire theme was obscured by the giant Bionicle-cloud. Also, Americans don't get really excited by cars unless they cough up dark smoke and smell like gas, but IMO there will still be a market for these here in the US.

What does this even mean? All types of cars have a fan base here, and I can't think of a car that "coughs up dark smoke and smells like gas". Diesel trucks make dark smoke, but that's a tiny sliver of automobile enthusiasts. The only smoke my classic mustang spits is tire smoke, and my leaf has zero emissions.

Glad that this pretty much confirms we're getting a new car theme. I hope some are minifig scale rather than how previous ones have either be too large or too small. 75911 seems like a set I'll be purchasing, if it is what I think it is.

I hope that LEGO stays well away from any sort of Top Gear branding, and by association, anything to do with that embarrassing bigot Clarkson. I'm not sure how that rumour gained any credibility in the first place.

As for the sets, I hope there's some nice 8-wide vehicles. Can't get enough of those.

A survey said that TG-themed LEGO was good merchandise or something. I lost the links, though.

Also, tick up if more pics suddenly come up.

I don't think the logo is the last of the bombshells.

I thought my cars were smooth?

Just kidding. I am looking forward to seeing the theme, whatever form it takes - and yes, it would be good to have some new wheels.

I meant the windshield.

Does anyone know about the release time of this theme? Is it a summer theme?

Edited by Bob C

Does anyone know about the release time of this theme? Is it a summer theme?

Nah, it's in the retail catalog for Winter, so definitely a Winter/Spring theme.

Sorry to do a dubs, but saw pics of these. They're AMAZING. They're minifigure scale and like $10-$20. But slick as heck. :drool:

Sorry to do a dubs, but saw pics of these. They're AMAZING. They're minifigure scale and like $10-$20. But slick as heck. :drool:

Could you post the pictures like now?

Minifig-scale, huh? Good thing I have 2 kidneys, because I'm gonna have to sell one to keep up with all these 2015 sets.

Did you seen the F14 & Scuderia Ferrari set? Is it Technic-like set similar to the 8145 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano or the 8653 Enzo Ferrari?

Edited by sov_ddb

Do the cars use new specialized parts, like Megabloks Need For Speed cars, or are they brick built like the big Ferrari and Lamborghini Racers sets we've had a few years ago ?

Do the cars use new specialized parts, like Megabloks Need For Speed cars, or are they brick built like the big Ferrari and Lamborghini Racers sets we've had a few years ago ?

Brickbuilt. They're a little like this but very slick and accurate:

60053-1.jpg

Wow simply amazing these vehicles look great. This is what the great vehicle series in the city theme should of been like.

2 things.... Just2Good I love the work you do but i hate how much it makes me want these! and the second thing... Pokemon Syndrome kicked in, Gotta Have EM ALL!!!!

Edited by GallardoLU

Those are awesome. I wish they'd release some American Muscle cars though, Just2good vey off topic and I'm sorry if it has been asked before but will you be releasing images of City sets soon?

Just subscribed to your channel by the way!