Wedge09

[SoNE Ep. 6] Searching in the logs... but it's gone...

Here we with my first entry for SoNE Episode VI: Bounty Hunter Hunt on Fondor: Searching in the logs... but it's gone...

C&C are always welcome, I hope you Enjoy it, now let's the story talk! :classic:

14793944808_c2bed385e3_c.jpg

Wedge09's squad was sent on the trace of Boba Fett; sent on the industrial planet of Fondor; their objective was to search in the logs of one of the most important spaceport of the planet in search of the Slave I.

Disguised as industrial workers, the team of Rebels adventured into the depths of Fondor until they got under the spaceport, more precisely to a maintenance node from which they could access the IT infrastructure.

"The perimeter is secured, if the Imperials come, we should have time to get out..."

"Ok..." the man at the console replied with a monosyllable while he went deeper into the IT infrastructure of the spaceport.

"Here are the logs..." he said after a while, on the screen had appeared the names of all the ships that had arrived and departed from the spaceport, with the identification number, the time of arrival and the time of departure.

Searching in the logs, the name Slave I appeared but when they saw the arrive and departure time, the soldiers cursed. The Slave I and Boba Fett with it had arrived and had gone before the Rebels could do anything.

"Ok, let's back to the ship, we have to warn the command about this..."

14977444671_34c7ca961d_c.jpg

Wow! When I first saw this, I thought 'this must be a freebuild posted in the wrong place; there's no way that's 16x16.

You do an awesome job invoking the depths of a space station - I especially like the angled beams and the way they connect to the upper wall.

And, again, excellent work making the 16x16 look much larger!

Wow! That is some really cool way of using the space! Love the heights and especially like how the old and the new dark gray make a cool texture of the wall. The idea as well as the execution is excellent and I only have a few minor sugestions. I think that there could be another pillar on top of the middle one continuing even higher but in both cases it could be tiled to cover the studs. Also I think that there's just enough space to squeeze a 1x2 cheese slope under the two hinges to cover the studs and the gap. Or you could remove a plate if it doesn't fit now. The only thing I'm not too fond off is the fence - the brown sticks look like wooden, which doesn't really fit into the industrial build. But this sure is an excellent entry, good work!

Amazing, clean entry! I love the under-city feel and it certainly fits Fondorian style. Question, is that Lobot at the terminal using one-syllable words? Or is it just coincidence that you have his torso there?

Fantastic!

Like how you made the 16x16 size in this MOC - really clever!

Nice details, good story and nice looking build!

markus

This build is massive for a 16x16. And you really show is the industrial site of Fondor. Maybe a little bit to grey, but well, that's Fondor !

Really like that iron structure and the story is really something different.

Great idea to build a 16x16 vignette without a ground plate. :thumbup:

The mixing of old and new grey parts for the construction looks better than I would have thought.

The story is great too!

Wow! When I first saw this, I thought 'this must be a freebuild posted in the wrong place; there's no way that's 16x16.

You do an awesome job invoking the depths of a space station - I especially like the angled beams and the way they connect to the upper wall.

And, again, excellent work making the 16x16 look much larger!

Great idea to build a 16x16 vignette without a ground plate. :thumbup:

The mixing of old and new grey parts for the construction looks better than I would have thought.

The story is great too!

Thank you LucasLaughing and Wat Tambor, glad you like it! :classic:

Wow! That is some really cool way of using the space! Love the heights and especially like how the old and the new dark gray make a cool texture of the wall. The idea as well as the execution is excellent and I only have a few minor sugestions. I think that there could be another pillar on top of the middle one continuing even higher but in both cases it could be tiled to cover the studs. Also I think that there's just enough space to squeeze a 1x2 cheese slope under the two hinges to cover the studs and the gap. Or you could remove a plate if it doesn't fit now. The only thing I'm not too fond off is the fence - the brown sticks look like wooden, which doesn't really fit into the industrial build. But this sure is an excellent entry, good work!

Thanks MstrOfPppts! About the top of the middle one pillar, I decided to leave it without tile because I wanted to give the idea of ​​a cross-section; about the cheese slope under the hinges, if I put them, it would change the angle of the pylons and I didn't like it; the fence is thought to be of oxidized iron, initially I wanted to do black but I hadn't the pieces. :wink:

Amazing, clean entry! I love the under-city feel and it certainly fits Fondorian style. Question, is that Lobot at the terminal using one-syllable words? Or is it just coincidence that you have his torso there?

Thanks, glad you like it MKJoshA. Uh! Yeah, it's lobot minifig, I haven't another I like, but in character it's a technician, not Lobot! :wink:

Fantastic!

Like how you made the 16x16 size in this MOC - really clever!

Nice details, good story and nice looking build!

markus

This build is massive for a 16x16. And you really show is the industrial site of Fondor. Maybe a little bit to grey, but well, that's Fondor !

Really like that iron structure and the story is really something different.

Thanks a lot markus1984 and Disco86, I'm realy happy you like it so much! :classic:

That's an incredibly nice entry! The sense of height (or rather: depth) is well done, and defines a lot of the atmosphere. At the same time, the space is well filled with the girders. So awesome job on the overall design!

If there any improvements left to make, it's in the details, because the main shape is quite perfect. Details that would give this creation a bit more sophistication. You already have some nice textures with the mix of greys. I don't think the black patches fit in too well... they look a bit too harsh. There are two big options: either you make it a lighter kind of grey, staying in the color scheme, or you go for an entirely different color, that would brighten up your creation a bit. But you have to be careful: this room isn't meant to be pretty. So every detail you add, should have some meaning. The details should be utilitarian. For example, there could the sports of a service ladder on the wall, which would also be good to give you an extra way out. There could also be some cables coming out of the console at the wall. And most importantly, there should be a reason for the console to be there. Right now, it just seems like it is there only to be able to give this information. so if it is a service computer, you should show that. There could be a big pipe (with some nice gauges for extra details) that has to be controlled, or some fans to regulate the air control. So apart from adding elements with meaning, you should also consider the prupose of the elements that are already there. People took the trouble to create that walkway and install that computer there for some reason, and if you depict it, it will add nice details to your creation, and add extra depth to your story.

But apart from that, this is an excellent MOC. It would do well with a better presentation, however. Not that the present one is bad, but there could be done more to create the atmosphere. For starters, maybe it would be better if the background were dark/black, because now the background heavily contradicts the atmosphere, and that's no good. Of course, you'll need lighting, preferably harsh one, because the only light in the MOC would come from a small amount of spots. So having a hard, industrial looking spotlight on your MOC, casting some hard shadows, in combination with the dark environment, would enhance the feeling of being far underground in a dark building. It would bring your MOC out more, and that is what such a nice build deserves! So keep building amazing creations, and look for new ways to make and present them better, and keep having fun of course!