EDIT :

And I've just started the roof :

2cv-v217.jpg

Edited by Leewan

Thank you guys !

I'd like to see it finished so I can may replicate it by my own :p

Sure, I can share the .lxf if you want.

Are you going to build it in reality?

Unfortunately no, I probably have all the necessary parts, but not in the right colors.

Here's some progress on the rear (and, as you can see, the HoG have been added) :

2cv-v219.jpg

The "window" area is supposed to be gray, I'll change that. I also have to get rid of the offset between the boot and the window area, but I still want to be able to open the boot, so I need an empty space anyways (is that clear ? :look: ). And, the hardest part, I'll have to make the model look "cleaner", less rough, if I can say so.

I worked a bit on the interior :

2cv-v221.jpg

There is no room for rear seats, so I attached the rear doors to the chassis, now, only the front doors can be opened, but opening rear doors would've been useless. I also modified a bit the rear area, but nothing big.

It's very nice to see all those nostalgic automobiles in Lego. Great work so far!

Thank you ! :sweet: BTW, I'l almost done :

2cv-v213.png

It's kinda silly, my entry isn't valid being a virtual MOC, but I still try to respect the rules and the deadline, even if it's useless...

The MOC is finally finished, and it might not be the best 2CV that can be done, but it's the best I can do right now. I'm aware some improvements need to be done, but I'm overall happy with the final result. Perhaps one day I will build it with actual bricks, and find a way to improve the MOC.

It features opening front doors, opening boot, steering on the front axle and suspension on the rear axle. It's made of 641 parts. Here are some renders :

15424116201_a1aa7b8efd_z.jpg

15408491196_894fb4afe5_z.jpg

There's more on flickr.

I can share the .lxf if anyone's interested.

Fantastic!!! The only thing that bothers me a little is the B and C collumn (is that what they're called?) of totally different design.

The nose seems a bit narrow compared to the rest of the car, but other than that I love it :) Great job!

Thank you guys.

The only thing that bothers me a little is the B and C collumn (is that what they're called?) of totally different design.

I don't know either, but I see what you mean. But I don't know any alternative, unfortunately.

The nose seems a bit narrow compared to the rest of the car, but other than that I love it :)

I don't know, it seems wide enough to me. And according to Sariel's scaler, the dimensions are accurate (at least as much as possible).

Thank you guys.

I don't know either, but I see what you mean. But I don't know any alternative, unfortunately.

Perhapse the sides should be totaly flat, and not "bent" - that is the effect of that middle slope brick. The actual car's sides seem flat to me and are leaning just a bit to the top. Have you tried replacing that slope with 1x1x1 bricks?

It looks too flat, I'll post a render tomorrow, I think. And there's a 1 stud offset between the door and the column, it doesn't really look good. I could've kept a constant width, but then it would have been too "squarish", like the Expert Mini Cooper.

The MOC is finally finished, and it might not be the best 2CV that can be done, but it's the best I can do right now. I'm aware some improvements need to be done, but I'm overall happy with the final result. Perhaps one day I will build it with actual bricks, and find a way to improve the MOC.

It features opening front doors, opening boot, steering on the front axle and suspension on the rear axle. It's made of 641 parts. Here are some renders :

15424116201_a1aa7b8efd_z.jpg

15408491196_894fb4afe5_z.jpg

There's more on flickr.

I can share the .lxf if anyone's interested.

Excellent build. Love the retro look.

May I ask if it's possible for you to share the lxf file?

Thanks a lot

8 hours ago, Cristian said:

wow, beautiful, it is possible to have the lxf?

Please don't revive threads like this. This thread has been dormant for nearly a year. Instead of posting here, you could have PM'd the creator of this model and asked him like that.