Sign in to follow this  
Gwail

MOC: BMW X6

I'm glad to present you another MOC in my garage!

Today the model based on the mid-size luxury crossover - BMW X6, called by the manufacturer Sports Activity Coupé (SAC). It's not a recreation of a factory stock car, the inspiration was the model tuned by the german company Lumma Design.

The car is adapted as 2-seated coupe (a bit shorter than an original), both for minifigs and Friends minidolls. This time the doors don't open in the primary configuration (unless you dismount the mirror clips), but there is still a posibility to use the alternative door design (however, they don't look well).

Forgive my little deviation - I don't know why, but I always put the white rims to black cars :classic: .

14837327146_bcc8832c1c.jpg

14857240991_75fe447514.jpg

14880194113_ab992d34ff.jpg

14673700968_86aa3c2495.jpg

14673693449_48df8325b6.jpg

The last pic is a little joke - you can see the original here.

More pics in my flickr album.

My other presentations:

14541283676_d0eab6ac41_t.jpg 14551184925_5d319e05ba_t.jpg 14356400238_269d1fb81a_t.jpg 14385311427_d19b921517_t.jpg 14599591423_4aa162741c_t.jpg

Edited by Gwail

That is a really cool X6. You have captured the significant details and shape perfectly. I love the picture at the end, it also helps you compare it to the real car. Could you possibly make a Dodge Monaco (aka the Bluesmobile)? I think this is a great model though.

Compared to your previous works this is a little bit disappointing. If I hadn't seen the topic name I'd not have take it as a BMW.

Not bad 'Gwail'......I hate to agree with the others, but yeah......your other cars are nicer looking........anyway, Brick On Drive On 'Gwail' ! :grin:

Thanks a lot for all the c&c, it's always warmly welcomed! The car I've chosen to recreate is quite controversial in real, so are your posts. However, I wish the criticism was a bit more constructive :).

That is a really cool X6. You have captured the significant details and shape perfectly. I love the picture at the end, it also helps you compare it to the real car. Could you possibly make a Dodge Monaco (aka the Bluesmobile)? I think this is a great model though.

Thanks a lot, however I can't agree that the significant details are captured perfectly - the main detail, a kidney shaped grille (the main and most distinguishing detail of BMW) is a bit simplified, but the model in this scale didn't left any more place to move (perhaps a matter of gaining some more experience). There is so many excellent Dodge Monaco models at this scale available across the websites, that I don't see the sense to make another one, unless there is something new to show... so far I haven't found it. But for sure you won't be disappointed, there some classics in my mind :).

Compared to your previous works this is a little bit disappointing. If I hadn't seen the topic name I'd not have take it as a BMW.

Nice car, I just don't see it as a BWM X6. My neighbor has a black X6.

Well, pity you're disappointed, guys! Perhaps you can help me a bit to improve my MOC and point the parts you don't find as "enough bmwish" :)? Here, take a look at the comparision picture I've found - very similiar to the model I referred to, at the similiar angle. I'll appreciate any help :)!

14837327146_bcc8832c1c.jpg 4044080030.jpg

Epic! You've really captured those distinctive BMW lines and the overall feel of the car. Nice work! :wub_drool:

Thank you! There is so few models of comtemporary modern cars at the Lego City scale, so I've decided to take the challenge ;). The chosen car wasn't easy, but well, you can only die once!

Not bad 'Gwail'......I hate to agree with the others, but yeah......your other cars are nicer looking........anyway, Brick On Drive On 'Gwail' ! :grin:

I can't disagree with you :)! The other cars I've decided to make were more iconic, classic or just popular. The BMW X6 is just a common car you can meet in the neighborhood... almost like Emmet :wink: .

I think it looks quite nice, but it is less reconizable than your other cars.

Doesn't mean it's not a good build though. :wink:

Well, honestly - IMHO - the overall shape isn't worse that my other cars, such as Vette or Gallardo, and even better than Mustang or Cobra. The main problem of the X6 is the grille (and front lights) - simplified at this scale. If you can go over it, you may like the model, if not - well, happily we differ from each other, otherwise there wouldn't be sense of existence for such great places as this forum. There is always a chance to exchange the points of view and learning something new :thumbup: .

Looks very, very nice. If only official sets would look like this...

Thanks, Player! I was writing the reply so long, that I've missed your post. Glas you like the model, but it's almost impossible to make such car in that scale using 100% "legal" connections. In the X6 you won't recreate the windscreen.

Edited by Gwail