somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Using S@H price comparisons for both regions, I've come up with the US prices.

NZD Prices:

49.99 - PT IP B 1

79.99 - PT IP B 2

109.99 - PT IP B 3

149.99 - PT IP B 4

219.99 - PT IP B 5

USD Prices:

$19.99 - PT IP B 1

$39.99 (oddly, the only set I could find with this was the Barrel Escape. Other $40 USD sets were 89.99 or 99.99 NZD) - PT IP B 2

$49.99 - PT IP B 3

$69.99 - PT IP B 4

$119.99 - PT IP B 5 (DAMN!)

Yeah, it's great to see a very expensive set in new movie lines (yes, I know JP3 LEGO existed... but come on...). LEGO did this with Ninja Turtles in July, having that $100 set. Now, they have a $120 set for Jurassic World!

Using S@H price comparisons for both regions, I've come up with the US prices.

NZD Prices:

49.99 - PT IP B 1

79.99 - PT IP B 2

109.99 - PT IP B 3

149.99 - PT IP B 4

219.99 - PT IP B 5

USD Prices:

$19.99 - PT IP B 1

$39.99 (oddly, the only set I could find with this was the Barrel Escape. Other $40 USD sets were 89.99 or 99.99 NZD) - PT IP B 2

$49.99 - PT IP B 3

$69.99 - PT IP B 4

$119.99 - PT IP B 5 (DAMN!)

That sounds right to me, still hopping one is JP and the big one comes in at £100

*SPOILERS*

From this video, I can see a couple of the sets we may be getting, and almost definitely have worked out what the Large Set must be. Please watch this video to understand what I am talking about. :classic:

So it sounds as if there is a brand new, genetically mutated dinosaur which is describe as massive, and with lots of teeth. This seems almost certain to be the largest set. It would make sense, especially as the creation of this Dino sounds as if a major piece of the plot within the brand new film. :classic:

In addition to this, she mentions a Golf-Course on the Island; and we've already seen a lot of pictures of the Jurassic World golf carts. I reckon there will be a chase/escape scene within the film, set on the Golf-Course, with Dinos chasing the Golf Carts. I can almost definitely see a set from this too!

What do you guys think of this? Reckon my guesses could be accurate? I look forward to comments! :classic:

*SPOILERS*

From this video, I can see a couple of the sets we may be getting, and almost definitely have worked out what the Large Set must be. Please watch this video to understand what I am talking about. :classic:

So it sounds as if there is a brand new, genetically mutated dinosaur which is describe as massive, and with lots of teeth. This seems almost certain to be the largest set. It would make sense, especially as the creation of this Dino sounds as if a major piece of the plot within the brand new film. :classic:

In addition to this, she mentions a Golf-Course on the Island; and we've already seen a lot of pictures of the Jurassic World golf carts. I reckon there will be a chase/escape scene within the film, set on the Golf-Course, with Dinos chasing the Golf Carts. I can almost definitely see a set from this too!

What do you guys think of this? Reckon my guesses could be accurate? I look forward to comments! :classic:

said same thing as you with D-Rex Containment Center or Lab being the big set. Followed by a Mosasaurus set and then a golf course and a Gyrosphere set based on that ride. Also a small canoe type set. ;)

Edited by Mahtion

I was really surprised when I read the news. Like pretty much everyone, I thought Kreo got the licence. Of course I'm glad TLG did though, Hasbro still is new to the construction toys business and I don't think they're ready to handle such a big licence yet (also the Kreons look terrible).

I wonder if TLG also got the rights to produce more JP sets or if that's a different licence.

I'm interested to see that mutant Dino their talking about,they say he will look scary I mean scary like you won't be able to sleep after you see him.

The t-rex mold we already have is big so if as it seems there will be something bigger it would have to be a very largest mold but they seems to be doing these really well recently first with the dino line and then with smaug.

Edited by SMC

That mutant dinosaur sounds interesting indeed :sweet: Technically, all of the dinos seen in the movies are mutants since the researchers have injected segments of frog DNA into the dino DNA which caused them to be able to switch their sex if necessary :laugh: I guess by "mutant" they mean a dinosaur that has never existed in reality, like a hybrid between two existing dinosaurs (perhaps a T-Rex with spikes? :grin: )

Rumor (Actually I think it's been confirmed) is the "new dino" is supposed to be a genetic mix of a Tyrannosaurus, a Velociraptor, a snake and a cuttlefish! Called the Diabolus Rex; it was made to raise attendance at the park--and dangerous running ensues. Ego it'll be very scary! I think it would look great in Lego too.

I hope we get some nice new molds for this line too, since I don't feel that brick built dinos would work well; mainly for structure and playability. I'd rather have molded figures than ugly half-technic creatures--which is very much how they'd turn out.

They thing with the dinosaur is that the people who visit Jurassic World are bored with all the dinosaurs, so the scientists take DNA from different ones and make a mega dinosaur. The directors said not to expect some weird mutation like a t-rex with a brontosaurus head. Its going to look kinda normal.

I'm hoping they make a new hairpiece for Chris Pratt's character. His Star-Lord hair wasn't anything special, nor did it fit overly well. And I'm hoping they don't just use the Irina Spalko hairpiece for Bryce Dallas Howard's hair (Because I think that piece is outdated and looks bad in almost every use I've seen it in). Hopefully we don't have to wait till next year to get any peak of the minifigures and Dino's.

I definitely think we'll see a set with the old visitors center and jeep. Those ruins are on the island somewhere, I doubt they'd miss a chance to revisit that nostalgia.

Edited by strangely

I hope they miss out the t-rex from JW and give us a JP set with a t-rex car and maybe gate, that way the JP set will add to the JW sets and we can get some more different sets. I don't think we need two t-rexs and a d-rex but really hoping that odd set is JP.

If we do get JP sets, I guess it won't be before late 2015 - early 2016. TLG will most likely want to cash in on the new movie first, which is understandable.

BTW I wonder if TLG will be allowed to create a model of the classic JP Jeep. I'm not sure how it works with those licences but I know Megabloks currently owns the Jeep licence, which might create some issues if TLG wants to make a set with the Jeep Wrangler.

Jurassic-Park-YJs-jeep-30600814-636-338.png

Also, fingers crossed for other vehicles from JP and TLW, as well as minifigs of Ian Malcolm, Alan Grant, Robert Muldoon & John Hammond (RIP Richard Attenborough :cry_sad: ).

I hate to shatter some dreams, but I kind of suspect that we will only get JW related sets. There is a good chance that The IP holder has kept the movie licenses narrow and separate. So Lego might have the new JW and KreO may yet still have the older JP. This would not be the first time we have seen this sort of thing. (Notice how we never have seen any Iron Man 1 or 2 sets?)

Notice how we never have seen any Iron Man 1 or 2 sets?)

Not that there is any business reason for lego to make that anyways. lego follows the movies, and we got planety of ironmen in other sets. And theres no demand for iron monger or wiplash.

I dont think the license is split btween companies in that manner for any theme.

JW will have plenty of trucks and dinosaurs.

Not that there is any business reason for lego to make that anyways. lego follows the movies, and we got planety of ironmen in other sets. And theres no demand for iron monger or whiplash.

what What WHAT? No demand for Iron Monger or Whiplash?

(are you high?) : )

In lieu of the several IM armor variants, I feel that an Iron Monger Bigfig and either Whiplash in the Monaco scene or armored Whiplash would be welcome adversaries for minifig Tony. But like the previous poster wrote, Megasucks may hold the license for the first 2 IM flicks. Could be why we didn't get ASM movie sets since, again, Megasucks held licensing for them.

Hopefully, the JW vehicles resemble the JP vehicles enough that they will be easy to mod since it sounds like Lego may not be able to touch JP material.

Edited by Colossus

I really do hope we get sets from the older films.

If not, I hope at least the Dinosaurs are similar enough to be used in older settings...

Am I the only one who hopes that they go back to the old dinosaur body from that old Dino line from like 10 years ago? You know, like the Spinosaurus from the last line of JP3 sets? I really love those, not just for nostalgia, but because they're so cool. For me, they are to a dinosaur what a mini figure is to a human.

Edited by Borador