somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I want that Raptor Escape set so much! I hope the rumors of it being a retailer exclusive aren't true because it would extremely limit my chances of finding it in The Netherlands. :sceptic:

In my experience, Intertoys always has retailer exclusives, and in fact, in the Netherlands most stores do. It would make up for the late arrival of sets, were it not for the fact that the prices are always through the roof.

In my experience, Intertoys always has retailer exclusives, and in fact, in the Netherlands most stores do. It would make up for the late arrival of sets, were it not for the fact that the prices are always through the roof.

Hmm, never knew intertoys had retailer exclusives. I should pay more attention to that. :P

Thanks, you have gotten my hope up again. :D

I'll be buying all of the JW sets to build a giant 'Jurrassic Park'.

Might need to have some money though...

Not the only one planning that... :wink:

I couldn't stand the last three dino themes (the two from 2005 and then the 2012 one), but I love the color scheme here and the minifigures are very well done.

I suppose if you are basing it on the minifigures and brick selection, it's pretty good. In terms of the dinos though, I think the 2012 line was vastly superior. You got a triceratops and coelophysis in that wave. In this wave, you get the indominus rex and dilophosaur. Both of those use pieces from the raptor or t-rex (the body, tail, legs, and/or arms) so they aren't that different looking imo. The variety just seemed much better in the 2012 line. I also liked the vehicle selection more in the 2012 Dino theme and thought they looked better than the boxy jeeps and trucks we are getting in the JW sets. Of course the 2012 Dino prices also were better cause it wasn't a licensed theme. Then again the overwhelming amount of yellow bricks could also be a huge negative to some.

The raptor escape set seems pretty good. Not surprised it only has the 2 raptors and no ceolophysis though, for $40. I prolly won't bother picking this line up. I like several things about it, like the abundance of raptors and no characters are re-hashed in sets (except ones you would want multiples of, like the generic ACU and vets). However, I really wish their was a wider variety of dinos and I wish the builds would have been a little more interesting.

I'll be honest: I'm only into these sets for the dinosaurs and other vaguely palaeontological parts (wasn't there a fly in amber in the Indominus Rex set? I need that for my LEGO fossils collection). It's very likely I'll buy and build all the sets on day one, depending on how much I save between now and May (I can't believe it's almost April already, not long to wait now! :grin: ), then most of the parts will end up in my Bricklink store when I realise I just don't have the room to display some of the more sub-par builds featured in this line. It's probably the most cost-efficient and enjoyable way of doing it, rather than just going to BL and spending half the set's cost on just the dinosaurs and parts I want. I wasn't a big fan of the simple, overly yellow vehicles in the 2012 Dino line either though and ended up BL'ing some of those dinosaurs because of that.

Though I agree in part with Deathleech, I just wish they'd given us more varieties of dinosaur. In a couple of months time, I'll end up with 6 slightly different coloured raptors, which is quite a lot. I would have liked more herbivores, even if it was just a recoloured Triceratops, but I guess LEGO fell into that whole "carnivores are cooler" mantra here :hmpf:

Bricks and Pieces might allow you to get a couple of flies in amber for maybe 3-5 dollars, if it isn't covered in that strangely enforced "no licensed parts" thing.

I do wish they'd have a few rarely seen dinosaurs in the sets as well, but I guess that's more the fault of the team behind the Jurrasic World movie than LEGO's designers.

Edited by DraikNova

Bricks and Pieces might allow you to get a couple of flies in amber for maybe 3-5 dollars, if it isn't covered in that strangely enforced "no licensed parts" thing.

I do wish they'd have a few rarely seen dinosaurs in the sets as well, but I guess that's more the fault of the team behind the Jurrasic World movie than LEGO's designers.

I'm buying the Indominus Rex set anyway, so no need for me to go to other sources to get the fly in amber. And it will probably fall into the licensed parts category anyway, as will the dinosaurs (but they'd kinda be permanently OOS anyway because they come pre-bagged in the sets and BnP somehow doesn't like stocking those).

As a long time Jurassic Park fan, I must say these new sets really have me excited! I was in my dark ages when the 2012 Dino sets came out. So I am really excited to a. Get some great looking dinosaurs and b. get some cool albeit generic enclosures and vehicles. I must say one of the absolute stand outs is the gyrosphere and I can't wait to both them! Living in Australia these sets will be super costly, but as someone earlier said I'd rather buy them at the RRP (or lower when on sale) then in a few years at rather outrageous prices! As for the minifigure that comes with the Video Game, despite getting the same character another amber in sap piece is exciting!

I don't know if I see them using Dr. Wu as the exclusive. I mean putting an exclusive minifigure from the largest and most expensive set in as the exclusive seems like an odd move. It's also one of the more boring choices they could've went with. It does make me wonder if perhaps they didn't choose any characters from the first movie because they're saving them for actual sets down the line.

Ultimately I'm not too bummed out if it ultimately does turn out to be Dr. Wu. It would be nice to have another Amber piece and the torso and legs are plenty reusable.

Oh well, Dr. Wu is alright I guess (I do feel most of us are planning to get the I-Rex set only because its the I-Rex and the movie is basically about it doing damage to the park and what not). But if it had to be an already existing figure I would have preferred an Owen. (we had been arguing that we wanted more sets with him, plus he is both important and more well known to most that Wu (I mean younger newer audience will connect more with Pratt's character than Wu)).

hopefully they give another figure (they have done it before like it was thought the gift was a keychain or a polybag but once the date grew near, they revealed an exclusive figure more suited for us collectors). hopefully that is the case.... in other news, there's the new TV spot and its pretty dark in nature.... this movie is gonna be awesome!

I don't think Wu is the preorder exclusive. I remember they included some keychains in special editions like this.

I wouldn't actually be too upset if he were. It saves me from getting the flagship for him, plus it's a figure that actually goes with the sets we're getting. As cool as Hammond would be, he doesn't go with the JW sets.

I don't know if I see them using Dr. Wu as the exclusive. I mean putting an exclusive minifigure from the largest and most expensive set in as the exclusive seems like an odd move. It's also one of the more boring choices they could've went with. It does make me wonder if perhaps they didn't choose any characters from the first movie because they're saving them for actual sets down the line.

Ultimately I'm not too bummed out if it ultimately does turn out to be Dr. Wu. It would be nice to have another Amber piece and the torso and legs are plenty reusable.

He is the only character that links Jurassic Park to Jurassic World that we currently know of so it would make sense to use him in that regard. I do agree it's a little odd they take the mini figure from a $130 set and stick him with a $60 video game. I rather wait three months and get the game for $20, then use the other $40 on getting the base on sale.

And also Henry Wu is not actually a character from Jurassic World only. He first appeared in the Jurassic Park.

Maybe soon we will getting specific preorder exclusive minifigs like the LEGO Movie Video Game has Pyjamas Emmet in Best Buy, Western Emmet in Gamestop, and Radio DJ Robot in Wal Mart.

Edited by legofanatic12

Thanks again to Hoth Bricks!

30320 Gallimimus Trap

16782038507_d616d290e3_z.jpg

This is apparently the pre-order item for those buying the Jurassic World Video Game from Gamestop. Although it's not John Hammond, it's still a nice polybag--even though the "Gallimimus" really doesn't look like a Gallimimus; at least from movie standards. I especially like how the site notes that the "Gallimimus doesn't have a single tooth in it's entire mouth." :grin: Do your homework Lego!

That's an interesting exclusive polybag. That Gallimimus was leaked online around december, have we ever seen a exclusive polybag minifigure leaked before? This has to be the first time wev'e seen something like this.

Well that's super disappointing. I mean obviously they couldn't sculpt anything new for a polybag but to mislabel something so badly is unacceptable and honestly pretty pointless.

All in all I'm becoming a bit disappointed with how this theme. I was really hoping they'd give us some new dinosaurs and so far we've mostly gotten recolors and only two new dinosaurs (One of which is a movie only fictional creation). I'm hoping they do Jurassic Park sets at some point to fill in the gaps. I would really love a proper Gallimimus and the games design for it is pretty awesome.