Darthluke824

2015 LEGO Trains?

I'd amend the trend a bit, go with Emerald=steam, Maersk=cargo, Horizon Express=passenger. If you do subscribe to this trend, which I do not as you cannot establish a trend without some sort of repetition (i.e. we haven't had this going on for two or more times), then your best bet is a steam train. Of course there's a possibility that they'll make something completely different. Personally, I'm just waiting to be surprised.

North America steam cargo train would be my guess if there is a pattern on the last 3.

Maybe this?

Emerald Night = Euro, steam, passenger

Maersk = North America, diesel, cargo,

Horizon Express = Euro, electric, passenger

-------------------------------------------------------

???? = North America, steam, cargo

They could do another region and throw everything off.

Edited by dr_spock

I for one would love Daylight 4-8-4... but we just got a huge orange train so the daylight does seem less realistic.

Maybe a CB&Q Zephyr, like the one in Chicago (Pioneer Zephyr) or the one in St. Louis (General Pershing Zephyr)? Or maybe something more exotic: a camel-back or mother Hubbard? Maybe they will do a Big Boy 4-8-8-4, since the Union Pacific is returning one to stream?

Maybe this?

Emerald Night = Euro, steam, passenger

Maersk = North America, diesel, cargo,

Horizon Express = Euro, electric, passenger

-------------------------------------------------------

???? = North America, steam, cargo

They could do another region and throw everything off.

I mean this without offense, but I think there's just no valid reason to speculate that LEGO does have some sort of pattern/trend with which they work. I think the only reason there had been this thing of steam, cargo, passenger is because these were the first Train Creator sets and they wanted to avoid repetitions. Now that they've got these 3 types of trains done they may proceed to making anything they like. Otherwise Creator would seem to have a specific train bias if they did, for example, 2 Steam Trains followed by a Passenger Train. :wink:

Edited by snowvictim

No, actually the pattern thing isn't something new to trains. We don't know yet what we get, but we realized that the modular buildings have a pattern (see this: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1902863 ) and this can't be just random.

You're not getting the point of what I'm saying. I'm saying that in order to derive a trend/pattern you need to have a repetition of the said trend. For example, if I write 1,2,3 and I ask "What will come next?" you don't straight out assume that the answer is "1,2,3" because you have a more plausible answer in mind, that is "4,5,6", but you still can't be certain as to what the outcome will be. Completely different case if I wrote 1,2,3,1,2,3 and then asked "What will come next?". In this case you have a sufficient sample to predict that the consequent outcome will be "1,2,3" and not "4,5,6". It's the probability that matters, and with little statistical data (i.e. the sets) we don't have sufficient grounds to establish accurate predictions (and I see inaccurate predictions as being futile).

Simply put - you can't derive pattern trends from non-repeating sequences. In the case of the trains we have only 3 sets. In the case of the modulars we have 8 sets. There it is sensible to infer a trend/make predictions about future sets. Here it is neither wise nor advisable. :wink:

Edited by snowvictim

I for one would love Daylight 4-8-4... but we just got a huge orange train so the daylight does seem less realistic.

Maybe a CB&Q Zephyr, like the one in Chicago (Pioneer Zephyr) or the one in St. Louis (General Pershing Zephyr)? Or maybe something more exotic: a camel-back or mother Hubbard? Maybe they will do a Big Boy 4-8-8-4, since the Union Pacific is returning one to stream?

A Big Boy would be cool. It could be like an Ultimate Collector Series Creator train. I think I would like to see a Shay engine.

You're not getting the point of what I'm saying. I'm saying that in order to derive a trend/pattern you need to have a repetition of the said trend. For example, if I write 1,2,3 and I ask "What will come next?" you don't straight out assume that the answer is "1,2,3" because you have a more plausible answer in mind, that is "4,5,6", but you still can't be certain as to what the outcome will be. Completely different case if I wrote 1,2,3,1,2,3 and then asked "What will come next?". In this case you have a sufficient sample to predict that the consequent outcome will be "1,2,3" and not "4,5,6". It's the probability that matters, and with little statistical data (i.e. the sets) we don't have sufficient grounds to establish accurate predictions (and I see inaccurate predictions as being futile).

Simply put - you can't derive pattern trends from non-repeating sequences. In the case of the trains we have only 3 sets. In the case of the modulars we have 8 sets. There it is sensible to infer a trend/make predictions about future sets. Here it is neither wise nor advisable. :wink:

Now I think you don't get what I said. I said that we don't kmow yet if there is a pattern, but many people assume it, because TLC has shown us that they have a pattern in other themes.

Now I think you don't get what I said. I said that we don't kmow yet if there is a pattern, but many people assume it, because TLC has shown us that they have a pattern in other themes.

I understand that, but all I'm saying is that it just isn't a fair assumption at this stage. :classic:

So, steam engine, I would certainly be on board for that ride.

A zephyr would be most excellent. It's my favorite train and love seeing it every time I visit MSI.

Lego has a habit of revisiting things again and again and again that worked, e.g., the Maersk was a reworking of the BNSF and the 60052 is just a reworking of the Maersk. There could be all sorts of surprises, e.g., maybe they are switching to a 3+ yr cycle (though I THOUGHT someone said that they were told the Maersk ship and HE were closing out by the end of the year).

Given the tight radius of lego track I doubt they would ever go larger than a 6 driver locomotive. I had not thought about a Shay before, though I doubt it would have sufficient recognition among non-railfans or kids to make Lego's short list. A well built 1880's era train might just do, especially if there is a western theme within the next two years. A 4-4-0 with an iconic diamond stack, a hybrid between the General and the Jupiter (the latter allowing for dark purple or other rare colors). The smaller locomotive and smaller cars would go further with the part budget, might be able to squeeze in two cars and a tender. Yeah the lone ranger train was kind of that, but ???

I would love to see a revision of genuine trains. Ones licensed under a franchise, i.e. the BNSF/Santa Fe. Now, arguably we had those come back in the form of the Emerald Night (Flying Scotsman) and the Maersk, but I'd discard the Emerald Night since it wasn't licensed under a specific company, which only leaves the Maersk. In my opinion, the BNSF GP-38, the TTX Intermodal and the Santa Fe Super Chief (along with the cars) were the best train sets. What I'd love to see is a Lego Union Pacific train. I know that "you can build one yourself" etc., but I'd still love the Lego Group to release one, just for the sake of it being an official Lego product designed by the Lego Group. :)

Edited by snowvictim

I THOUGHT someone said that they were told the Maersk ship and HE were closing out by the end of the year.

Yes, I was told that earlier this year (and also that the Town Hall was retiring, but I dismissed that as them confusing it with the GE - looks like they were right after all).

I have to say that Mallard would be a spectacular next Expert Train.

The Golden Eagle would also be good

http://www.classictraintravel.com/history-of-golden-eagle-train/

Although an Orient Express would be neat,

this http://www.appalachianhistory.net/2013/11/norfolk-southern-supports-restoration-historic-611-locomotive-sale-rothko-painting.html

would also fill the bill.

Wouldn't a steam train with an old American wild west style station be nice ?

Seriously we are all just playing the guessing game at the moment and assuming Lego will release another creator train.......only time will tell ?

I have to say that Mallard would be a spectacular next Expert Train.

The Golden Eagle would also be good

http://www.classictr...en-eagle-train/

Although an Orient Express would be neat,

this http://www.appalachi...o-painting.html

would also fill the bill.

Wouldn't a steam train with an old American wild west style station be nice ?

Seriously we are all just playing the guessing game at the moment and assuming Lego will release another creator train.......only time will tell ?

Orient Express and Wild West. Yes! I'd prefer the Orient Express though. :)

Orient Express... in space!

(Doctor Who reference anyone!?)

Anyway, I wouldn't mind an 4-4-0, or maybe a work-a-day 0-6-0 (with small wheels!) with tender, like this 2009 model by Peter Norman:

PeterNorman_0-6-0_left_800wx305h.jpg

or this one by Oliver Koch from 2008:

Oliver_Kock_OllisLok_600w.jpg

(Both photos from Big Ben Bricks gallery!)

I'd say that the possibility to get an exclusive train set in 2015 is very high.

I personally count on a steam train like the most of you, too. But I bet that it'll be a passenger train since a steam train with cargo waggons doesn't sound that realistic. Keep in mind that even exclusive train sets are designed for kids or at least TFOLs, too. And when you think about steam trains, firstly a passenger train comes to your mind and not a cargo train.

A Wild West train - esp. if it came with a small station - would be completely amazing! But I'd say that this is nearly excluded since because of Pirates there for sure won't be a Western theme in 2015.

Klaus-Dieter

I dunno, I guess I think of cargo trains with steam power first. Maybe I'm odd, maybe it's because my first train set of any kind was 7722. I'd be OK with any type of steam, early diesel, or diesel-electric from any country. Not a high-speed train fan, didn't want the HE, it's like getting excited about a public bathroom to me.

Is anyone else starting to get very worried that we haven't heard ANYTHING? not even a name, picture, or even mention that there will be a Expert Creator set... I am really starting to get worried now!

No, I am not really worried. I can wait. I waited 5 years for pirates to return next year. :laugh: