Are you able to turn the heads on these minifigures underneath their hoods? Sorry I'm not very familiar with the keychains, I thought they were glued together.

Maybe? I never had a keychain figure so I wouldn't know. Someone want to confirm this?

Woah, you have a great eye! Nice detective work! :classic::thumbup:

Yah, pretty cool! "Screemers" I assume are the tiny baby ghost... What a cute name! :grin:

Yah, pretty cool! "Screemers" I assume are the tiny baby ghost... What a cute name! :grin:

Yes, babies are usually big 'Skreemers' (pun intended). :wink:

Edited by Ninja of Fire

I've got a question since I want to update my Ninjago villains minifig display to accommodate the new ghost minifigs: how many different ghost minifigs (excluding the Skreemers) are there throughout all the sets we know so far (excluding variants of the same character, so ignoring the same character where one variant has legs and the other has the new ghostly bottom piece)? And how many printed variants of the Skreemers are there? (I'm sure it's two but maybe I'm missing some).

I've got a question since I want to update my Ninjago villains minifig display to accommodate the new ghost minifigs: how many different ghost minifigs (excluding the Skreemers) are there throughout all the sets we know so far (excluding variants of the same character, so ignoring the same character where one variant has legs and the other has the new ghostly bottom piece)? And how many printed variants of the Skreemers are there? (I'm sure it's two but maybe I'm missing some).

I'm not sure about how many villains, but I would estimate around 7?

There are at least eight ghosts, not counting possessed Lloyd. I believe there may be at least one ghost I have yet to identify, though — not sure if it's a unique ghost or a variant of one of the other ghosts. I haven't really analyzed the Toy Fair pics and videos in painstaking detail.

Too hard to tell now because we don't know what the D2C will bring to the table. I'm guessing that it'll have 1-2 exclusive characters, but who knows if they'll be ghosts or ninja variants (I'm still hoping for Skylor!).

There are at least eight ghosts, not counting possessed Lloyd.

There is no possessed Lloyd. Morro is a completely separate character.

There is a possessed Lloyd. It is a completely separate minifig/character from Morro.

No, there is a possessed Lloyd, he's the armoured minifigure in Attack of The Morro Dragon.

There is a possessed Lloyd. It is a completely separate minifig/character from Morro.

I don't recall seeing any of the boxes confirming that, but if so, good riddance. Lloyd has been nothing but a Mary Sue ever since Child's Play.

Edit: LEGO's ongoing troubles with basic web development continue! That, or suddenly the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy have enough to do with NINJAGO that they put them with the NINJAGO wallpapers.

Edited by Mandate

Well, I guess I'll have to wait for clearer set pics and set descriptions then. I might have beeen able to tell the variants from the box set photos on Brickset, but trouble is the minifig gallery turns out far too small so I can't even see anything :wacko: . Troouble is, I think that's the clearest we've got really. I wasn't counting the D2C since I know I probably can't afford that on top of everything else I have earmarked for purchase, plus we have no idea what villains, if any, it might contain. It might be ones that I simply don't have any interest in.

Concerning the amount of ghosts, there are eight characters so far that have been revealed, though four of them have two variants. The list so far concerning ghost minifigures per set is:

70733 Blaster Bike - unidentified ghost

70734 Master Wu Dragon - Pitch, Soul Archer (ghost tail version), and Hackler

70735 Ronin R.E.X. - Spyder, and Ghoul Tar

70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon - Lloyd/Morro (Possessed version), Spyder, Wrayth (Ghost tail version), and one other ghost

70737 Titan Mech Battle - Bansha, Ghoul Tar

70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty - Morro (Ghost version), Ghoul Tar, Bansha, Soul (minifigure legs), and Spyder

Edited by Vector Prime

What a guess! I guessed that there were around 7/8 villains before.

Well, I guess I'll have to wait for clearer set pics and set descriptions then. I might have beeen able to tell the variants from the box set photos on Brickset, but trouble is the minifig gallery turns out far too small so I can't even see anything :wacko: . Troouble is, I think that's the clearest we've got really. I wasn't counting the D2C since I know I probably can't afford that on top of everything else I have earmarked for purchase, plus we have no idea what villains, if any, it might contain. It might be ones that I simply don't have any interest in.

Here's a link for clearer images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-dbiZ2pRzA

lolz, Got three hairpieces for the Ninja's:

Zane : came for free with a magazine in the Netherlands

Jay: in the polybag

Kai: daughter bought me jungle trap, sweet.

I want silver hair for zane...

DB 2.0 comes with the ninja's hairpieces, so I think we are going to get his hair in the Titan Mech Battle.

I don't recall seeing any of the boxes confirming that, but if so, good riddance. Lloyd has been nothing but a Mary Sue ever since Child's Play.

Edit: LEGO's ongoing troubles with basic web development continue! That, or suddenly the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy have enough to do with NINJAGO that they put them with the NINJAGO wallpapers.

Not even getting into whether or not Lloyd qualifies as a Mary Sue (I think he's been developed pretty well, ESPECIALLY in the current season premiere and the most recent chapter book), do you honestly think that him getting possessed will mean he'll be cut out of the cast for good? Because in all likelihood he'll rejoin the cast once the summer villains are all dealt with/exorcised, just like how Zane is rejoining the main cast this summer.

DB 2.0 comes with the ninja's hairpieces, so I think we are going to get his hair in the Titan Mech Battle.

That would be pretty cool. It's to bad there isn't a really good image from the Toy Fair detailing if their hair is included.

Not even getting into whether or not Lloyd qualifies as a Mary Sue (I think he's been developed pretty well, ESPECIALLY in the current season premiere and the most recent chapter book), do you honestly think that him getting possessed will mean he'll be cut out of the cast for good? Because in all likelihood he'll rejoin the cast once the summer villains are all dealt with/exorcised, just like how Zane is rejoining the main cast this summer.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Could you link to that chapter book as well, Lyichir?

Who's Mary Sue, again?

A "Mary Sue" is slang that usually refers to a character who's written to be too perfect or idealized, without any realistic flaws to help them seem relatable. TV Tropes has more information.

They also have to do stuff which, in real life, would result in everyone hating them, but merely causes adoration in said work. Those who are annoyed are usually portrayed as horrible people, even though they have perfectly valid reasons for being so.

Really? Okay, name me a significant flaw in Lloyd's character.

All develop into Lloyd's character has been, exclusively, idealistic. Any "development" that happened in Season 4's premiere was also idealistic. Lloyd never rushes into battle angrily like he did once or twice in Rebooted. He keeps his cool, he's smart, he's hardworking, he's the only ninja that stuck around when Zane died, he's the new team leader, he only does what is right, and worst of all he is: The Chosen One.

Whereas the rest of the ninja and their allies: Jay is annoying, Kai is ignorant, Zane is weird, Cole is Cole, Pixal is unemotional, Borg has a disability, Wu has a past he's uncomfortable with and a sort-of crush on his brother's wife, Garmadon has a past he's uncomfortable with and is stern and strict, Dareth is goofy, Nya has some difficulties with choosing and can be overconfident, and Skylor can be cold and very... submissive (though this changes later in Season 4, and I'm glad it does)

Those are flaws. That makes the characters seem human, and not some god-like chosen one. Making a character seem relatable is an important thing in a kid's show, and while I like Lloyd a lot he's far too one-dimensional.

Oh, and the books are not canon. Ever. While I haven't read the book in question, it's a general, and currently exceptionless, rule with NINJAGO that the books aren't canon unless they are transcripts of an episode.