CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Not a bad little polybag. Although minibuilds really don't interest me and it's probably too big to be in scale with the Helicarrier. Maybe I'll get one though

I thought people have said the support jumper doesn't crack legs if you do it correctly. You have to push down on the back while putting on and taking off the figures. It must create a slight gap to allow the legs to be positioned correctly.

Ok so Avenger's Tower is $59.99. For that price I'll hold off a while, being that I'd prefer other sets before the tower. Plus there is a max purchase quantity of 1 for Iron Vs. Ultron but I did manage to get another one.

Since the release of the Age of Ultron sets images I thought there was something missing to the Ultron minifigure. On the trailers he is a lot taller than an average person, and on http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109518 they actually show Ultron (8') to be almost as tall as the Hulk (8'5") well, I came up with a cool way to make him tower above the avengers as he rightfully should. And it's a simple fix. By using Bulk's body from the hero factory Invasion from Below (aka Pacific Rim) and giving him the head and head gear (mask and jaw) one can create a significantly taller Ultron who matches well with the others (and the robotic look of the limbs is a plus)

Well, what do you guys think? Good idea? It sure will make him more intimidating looking.

Since the release of the Age of Ultron sets images I thought there was something missing to the Ultron minifigure. On the trailers he is a lot taller than an average person, and on http://www.comicbook.../news/?a=109518 they actually show Ultron (8') to be almost as tall as the Hulk (8'5") well, I came up with a cool way to make him tower above the avengers as he rightfully should. And it's a simple fix. By using Bulk's body from the hero factory Invasion from Below (aka Pacific Rim) and giving him the head and head gear (mask and jaw) one can create a significantly taller Ultron who matches well with the others (and the robotic look of the limbs is a plus)

Well, what do you guys think? Good idea? It sure will make him more intimidating looking.

Do you have a picture of the piece in question?

Do you have a picture of the piece in question?

Sorry, don't really know what you are asking... I just mean, instead of using the minifigure body for Ultron, you can use the slightly taller minifigures from the last Hero Factory wave (the invasion wave) and that would compensate for his height

Oh, and no picture sorry, I guess I can find one on the Web that shows the height differences.

Edited by MarvinM

Okay, I'm really sorry because I know this is not the place for movie discussion, but Spider-man is officially a part of the MCU. I figured I'd just let you all know because I know many of you don't regular the culture & multimedia forum although I posted this there so we should probably continue the discussion there. So we could be getting Spider-man in Civil War sets after all (IF we get sets based on that movie. Fingers crossed though) Okay sorry mods I just can't contain the excitement :sweet:

Following on my big Ultron idea...

here is a picture comparing a normal minifigure and the HF figure

http://www.mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=377907&id=/user_images/67499/1388696872m

P.S. they show a different character in the picture. The one I think would be perfect for Ultron is Bulk (comes in the crystal beast set and some other one) he has metallic colored limbs.

Okay, I'm really sorry because I know this is not the place for movie discussion, but Spider-man is officially a part of the MCU. I figured I'd just let you all know because I know many of you don't regular the culture & multimedia forum although I posted this there so we should probably continue the discussion there. So we could be getting Spider-man in Civil War sets after all (IF we get sets based on that movie. Fingers crossed though) Okay sorry mods I just can't contain the excitement :sweet:

Didn't Sony said that Spidey will not be in any Marvel Universe movie for a while? I doubt he will appear in the Civil War movie and/or Civil War sets. If any chance he might make it till Infinity War, but that is a stretch still... Tho a Black Panther and a new suit (movie based) falcon would be pretty cool in the Civil War sets.

Yeah, the issue with the Jumper's is also that it hasnt been fixed, so if anyone uses it it'll just break their figure...

What's this? How would the jumper break/crack the legs? I have one I got with the Green Lantern set, tried it a few times, not sure how the legs would crack.

I don't mean to stray from the topic, but i'm pretty damned sure that spidey will be in civil war, that movie was pretty much the entire reason they went to negotiate with sony, so if we do get civil war sets, spidey is damned sure to be in at least 2 of them, if not, they might go on with what theyre doing this year, and have a full wave for dr strange (unlikely) and just one set for civil war, so in that case, we would still probably be getting spiderman.

I wouldn't call it ASM variant since its most likely not going to be Andrew Garfield playing the role anymore

This would've been an excellent opportunity for someone like Daredevil, who is about to get very popular very fast. Same sort of printing, no headgear or anything, just a standard minifig.

Seriously, one of my favorite Marvel characters, and he never seems to be in the discussion. It would have been a great opportunity to put him in a polybag since I doubt he'd get his own set. Doesn't even need any new molds, and could have used the design from the video game. I was hoping we got him last year, since it was the 50th Anniversary of DD and with the hype from the announcement of the show. I know MARVEL ownes the rights for DD so their shouldn't be any issues with that. What is it popularity? (Speaking of which, really interested to see what the GOTG sets sale numbers look like before and after the release of the film. Before the films release, all my local stores had all the sets, after the release, almost every store was sold out. Wonder if LEGO needed to send out extra shipments due to the films unexpected success?) DC got Flash and GA this past year and a half, possibly due to the popularity of their shows. Maybe there's hope going forward... :/

DC got Flash and GA this past year and a half, possibly due to the popularity of their shows.

I think Flash is more because of wider acceptance of the character into pop culture. E.g multiple references on The Big Bang Theory, which has seen the popularity of the character rise even prior to the TV show. Green Arrow was released as part of the Justice League line, so it's not really a fair comparison.

I'd love to see an official Daredevil minifigure, and while the Netflix show is likely to help that rather than hinder it, I'm still not going to count on it.

Didn't Sony said that Spidey will not be in any Marvel Universe movie for a while? I doubt he will appear in the Civil War movie and/or Civil War sets. If any chance he might make it till Infinity War, but that is a stretch still... Tho a Black Panther and a new suit (movie based) falcon would be pretty cool in the Civil War sets.

He's coming home... no apologies for posting this, because this is HUGE NEWS for MARVEL and LEGO SUPER HERO fans!!!

http://marvel.com/ne...d_of_spider-man

Edited by agoodfella

What's this? How would the jumper break/crack the legs? I have one I got with the Green Lantern set, tried it a few times, not sure how the legs would crack.

Not entirely sure how to describe it, but essentially firing the figure causes the legs to warp and crack.

This would seem to change that? Unless I'm misreading it... http://marvel.com/ne...ld_of_spider-man

WOOP!

But yeah, still letting Sony have creative control is a bad thing... thats one of the main reasons TASM2 sucked...

Hopefully this means we get a Civil War Spider-man variant next year... in addition it probably explains why we are getting more Spider-man Lego sets in summer...

Edited by Scarilian

But now we have to wait 3 extra months to get Thor Ragnarok sets if we do get them, as The Spidey movie is pushing back Ragnarok, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans.

Not entirely sure how to describe it, but essentially firing the figure causes the legs to warp and crack.

WOOP!

But yeah, still letting Sony have creative control is a bad thing...

Hopefully this means we get a Civil War Spider-man variant next year.

But Kevin Feige is producing it, so we should be good.

I'm not expecting Ragnarok sets, but the inclusion of Spidey into Civil War I think increases the chances of Civil War sets in my mind

So glad they finally stopped being selfish with spidey! Now all the things they can add to the film! (Alongside classic spidey, thanks to Iron Man, he might even wield the Iron Spider suit. (Might be too soon, so maybe not, but would be pretty cool! ))

Edited by MarvinM