Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

What source are the prices coming from? Every one is different..

The US ones are straight from the Toy Fair, so those are definitely official.

Yeah, I think there was some confusion there. I'm guessing Rayskull thought I was talking about the vertical extension showed on the box, not about the "tilted outward" function. However, if LEGO managed to make the wings to both extend and tilt outward, I'll be very impressed by the design.

It's going to be super funny to me if you can retract the wings but cannot put them in flight mode. That is literally the major feature of the vehicle. I'd be like having the imperial shuttle with its wings fixed down the entire time lol. I'm going to wait off to see if it has a function to tilt the wings. If not, that will be the dumbest part of the wave IMO. :laugh:

Umm... They're still all over the internet :look:

Well, i meant they are starting to wipe them. Brickpedia is already wiped clean and also some other pages

Hey. New here. I personally Think this wave is a mixed bag. The falcon, xwing and reys speeder are the highlights for me the others are a little mediocre imo only time will tell i guess

As much as I want it to, I doubt Kylo's shuttle's wings can fold out into a V - just look at where the wings connect to the body, I doubt a stable Technic assembly can fit in there. Plus, who knows - the movie design could've been changed to that of the Lego set for all we know. Nothing in the teaser trailers are really set in concrete anyway.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Looking at these images, I'm not disappointed in the sets so much as worried about the movie ... none of the new designs look like anything that is going to be fondly remembered by fans years from now. For all its faults, you have to admit that the prequel trilogy had a lot of unique and memorable vehicles, and I don't see anything here that looks like the next Naboo Starfighter or Republic Gunship. I get that J.J. Abrams is trying to recreate the "industrialized" look of the original trilogy, but these sets just seem like grey on top of more grey.

That being said, I'm probably going to buy Rey's Speeder and not read any spoilers or reviews until I see the movie on opening day come December. There's really no point in passing judgment on any of the designs or characters if I haven't even seen how they look on screen yet.

And on the more philosophical point on collecting LSW sets: It's always great when a new theme comes out and gives us the impression we could collect them all, only to find out in 10 years we will have 1 UCS and already 3 slightly redesigned models of Kylos Shuttle, not including all the mini models and minifigure redesigns etc. But right now, it gives you the warm and innocent feeling you can make it and collect 'em all!

Ah, but remember - none of what you predict is going to happen. We will not have remakes of Episode VII sets because Lego will be far, far too busy doing sets for the other things not yet covered in Episode VII, and new sets for Rogue One, the Han Solo, Episode VIII, Episode IX, and all future spinoffs and Episodes which we know based on how Disney runs Marvel will within half a decade start to head towards the 2 films per year model. The last ten years from 2005-2015 have of course been a high time for remakes galore since there has been no new material outside of Clone Wars from which to produce new kits. This is no longer the case - and never will be again. The second great dark times of Star Wars is finally over, and the galaxy marches on.

Edited by Darth Caedus

As much as I want it to, I doubt Kylo's shuttle's wings can fold out into a V - just look at where the wings connect to the body, I doubt a stable Technic assembly can fit in there. Plus, who knows - the movie design could've been changed to that of the Lego set for all we know. Nothing in the teaser trailers are really set in concrete anyway.

I think it's more likely that the opposite happened. I really do hope Kylo's wings fold out into a V, but if they don't, I'd assume that the concept art they had did not depict the wings folding out. Looks like I'll be doing some custom work.

Ah, but remember - none of what you predict is going to happen. We will not have remakes of Episode VII sets because Lego will be far, far too busy doing sets for the other things not yet covered in Episode VII, and new sets for Rogue One, the Han Solo, Episode VIII, Episode IX, and all future spinoffs and Episodes which we know based on how Disney runs Marvel will within half a decade start to head towards the 2 films per year model. The last ten years from 2005-2015 have of course been a high time for remakes galore since there has been no new material outside of Clone Wars from which to produce new kits. This is no longer the case - and never will be again. The second great dark times of Star Wars is finally over, and the galaxy marches on.

I agree, and we can already see this happening with Rebels Season 2 sets. There's quite a few set possibilities, but those seem to be getting sidelined for a bit longer since we now have The Force Awakens coming out. And I'm perfectly fine with that, because it just means that the amount of new sets for every wave will remain consistent. Still, the amount of time it takes for us to get remakes for some of these new sets (like Kylo's Command Shuttle) is an interesting thought. With a permanent theme like Star Wars it's bound to happen eventually... but like you said, it won't be happening soon, because there's so much new content coming out over the next decade that we'll be well covered for a while.

Whether or not Kylo's Lego Shuttle will form the "V" we can't tell buuuut... I can say that it still looks great and the mechanisms to extend the wings looks seemless.

Also this Ship as ugly as it looks in stills as going to look amazing in motion. Especially take off. I'll miss the duck beak of the lambda, but if I had room I'd be totally interested.

Whether or not Kylo's Lego Shuttle will form the "V" we can't tell buuuut... I can say that it still looks great and the mechanisms to extend the wings looks seemless.

Also this Ship as ugly as it looks in stills as going to look amazing in motion. Especially take off. I'll miss the duck beak of the lambda, but if I had room I'd be totally interested.

I wouldn't say it's ugly. It just looks like someone sandwiched an AT AT head between two massive wings. I hope that the V shaped flight mode means it is fixed in place in the V shape to fly rather than "flapping"to fly. Oh, that would be hilarious. :laugh: However, in some of the promotional posters of the film the wings are indeed fixed in the vertical position so who knows maybe the V flight mode was removed in post production for some reason?

Edited by joebiwankenobi

All true, but still I'm dissapointed to see that a new UCS MF will not be releases this year. Looking at the eBay prices these days I don't think many will be bought for children...

I don't understand why you refer to children here. Not many adults can even afford to buy UCS sets at MSRP for themselves and they are not designed for children.

I think there's two ships, one with the v-wings and one with the vertical.

That or there was a huge change, what I doubt. The more I look at the picture, the more unlikely it seems there is enough room for a tilting mechanism that carries the weight for those giant wings. Also, why not having a picture on the box (even a small one) showing the mechanism? And then, the lower part of the wings is completely different as well, as I said before. Too bad, as I would have loved to have the tilting function, which looks very cool.

That or there was a huge change, what I doubt. The more I look at the picture, the more unlikely it seems there is enough room for a tilting mechanism that carries the weight for those giant wings. Also, why not having a picture on the box (even a small one) showing the mechanism? And then, the lower part of the wings is completely different as well, as I said before. Too bad, as I would have loved to have the tilting function, which looks very cool.

New here too, and trying to figure which set to buy come September, thinking of the X-wing as I like the colour scheme and that new canopy is so much better!

Only set I was certain not to buy was the snowspeeder, which looks ugly and weirdly proportioned on the box, but the out of the box picture has changed my mind...

Re: Kylo Ren's Shuttle, looking at the picture, I cannot see how the wings could tilt, however, if you look on the pictures, especially the out of box one, there's a wing portion folded under the craft when the wings are retracted, and they fold out as the wings expend in flight position, giving the whole thing the look of a giant, ungainly tie fighter (maybe based on that giant rred tie transporter concept leaked early in ep VII production).

Edited by aramcheck

I would change all this new FA sets for 2 decent clone wars/rebel/PT/OT sets anytime...just not impressed at all.

My opinion...

millenium falcon that looks the same as OT one, they didn't improved it at all...

snowspeeder that looks ugly as hell

troop transport looks like amfibia-tank-marvel-DC-super hreos stuff and it doesn't have star wars feel at all

red tie that is bearly changed from last OT one...

X-wing is ok, but look at the price

Command shuttle looks quiet kennerish, and it does look like star wars , but come on using 1000 bricks for a box like cabine with 2 vertical plane wings...stupid...this could be done with 300-400 bricksand nobody would noticethe difference...

Rey speeder is the only really ok set, but again OVERPRiCED ...couple of bricks and 2 figures...

Prices are horrrriiiibllleeeeee. They will milk lot of extra €£$¥ from ppl just because it is from newwwww movie...and we don't even know if the movie will be good since J.J.Abrams already killed Star trek and the same could happen to Starwars as well...

I'll pass this wave for shure...

I just noticed, that Kylo Rens command shuttle has General Hux and a female officer in it... good thing I saved the pics on my pc. But I am still not verry fond of Kylos helmet.

I just noticed, that Kylo Rens command shuttle has General Hux and a female officer in it... good thing I saved the pics on my pc. But I am still not verry fond of Kylos helmet.

I also hate how TLC did on Kylo Ren minifigure too.The helmet thingy looks too big and the mask should printed on a normal minifigure head.

Edited by ArmstrongYong