Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

If we are going to get the new (and amazing) windscreen for the X-Wing, do you think we will get another for the Snowspeeder?

The snow speeder doesn't need a new mold as much as it needs a brick built cockpit. Look it the most recent Snowspeeder Moc on here and you can see what's possible with existing bricks. If anything, the new mold would be super similar to the existing molds.

The day hardcore fans learn to appreciate Episode I in all its jarjarish glory draws near, I tell you. I mean, it wasn't a bad movie, right?

Dude, “Jarjarish glory” remark seriously cracked me up :laugh:

I agree, the cockpit needs to be at least straight if not tapered to narrower end, but it still looks better than the old one. I just wish it comes in trans-black not trans-clear.

I didn't think Lego would be gutsy enough to do this, but locking the hero of the movie into the flagship set is a bold, brilliant move. Never will the hype be greater for Star Wars than this holiday season. Finn, the new hero, along with the Falcon & the classic duo are going to be must-haves, and kids/parents will break the bank and cross everything else off their lists just to get them for the holidays. Putting the "new trio" (BB8, Finn, and Rey) in a 20 dollar set would be a truly boneheaded move that would cannibalize sales from the rest of the wave - it's just something we had kind of taken for granted as happening anyways since the marketing has shown them together so much with that speeder (and the BB8 magazine pic with the shattered speeder parts). Now, if you want all the new heroes - Finn, Rey, BB8, Poe - you have no choice but to drop 230 clams. Which is the smart thing to do - every Star Wars fan who buys Lego worth their salt has to get the essential ships: Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Fighter. People here are crapping on the Falcon's exterior, but we have no idea how different the internal build and interior detailing is. And the bottom line is, it's been a LONG time since the 2011 Falcon for the general populace. Same thing for a generic TIE fighter, the last one hasn't been on shelves for over a year or more.

Rey is the hero of the movie (the "Luke" role), and she's available in one of the cheap sets. Finn & Poe are part of the "Big Three", but they flip-flop between Han/Leia roles, to varying degrees, as well as others (based on what we've seen so far, Finn is a bit of a 3PO early on--leading us thru the desert to the hero, Rey). Initially we'd have to buy the Falcon & X-wing in order to get all 3, but later sets will make that a little cheaper, most likely.

Anyone else think the Pirate guy in the Falcon set looks somewhat like Talon Karrde?

A little, but in Lego terms just about anyone with that hairdo and a mustache could look like Talon Karrde. There's no 'one' look for Karrde, either (the comics made him look like a biker, but the books originally described him--vague tho it was, since Zahn was more techy than into describing the appearance of characters--as a bit more elegant).

Kanjiklub Gang? Seriously? Looks like the enemies are a bunch of weeaboos who want to learn the Japanese alphabet. :laugh:

Kanjiklub is THE word of 2015. It sounds like a dark, shady, smokey eastern european bar...and it's a club!

"Here are the final results of this afternoon: Arsenal Football Club 1, Kanjiklub 4......"

:laugh:

The day hardcore fans learn to appreciate Episode I in all its jarjarish glory draws near, I tell you. I mean, it wasn't a bad movie, right? :thumbup::grin:

riiight.jpeg Edited by Jedi-Bendu

This is a toy. You are going to get what it's in the box.

I have a lot of sets from the prequels and I think they are bad movies.

I seriously wonder if you even read my post :look:

I don't really understand the logic behind buying Lego sets from a movie that won't be coming out in almost four months.

I bought the Ghost and Phantom on day 1.....months before the Rebels TV show was released.

Why did I get it? Because when I saw the first pic of these ships at Celebration (it was a pic of the ship in the series) I knew I wanted LEGO sets of them.

Same with the TFA sets. For over 3 decades I've been a SW fan. I know I want all the TFA sets. Just like I have books about this yet unreleased movie in pre-order. Yup, even if I haven't seen the movie I want all this. And guess what: based on previous experiences I know that I want the sets even MORE after I have seen the movie. :laugh:

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

I don't really understand the logic behind buying Lego sets from a movie that won't be coming out in almost four months.

For a lot of people, (myself included) it's not just about the film. The sets can be good enough to stand on their own, and that will be what my purchase is based off of.

The source material could suck and I'd still enjoy the sets. For example, I own a lot of Clone Wars sets, but I don't like the show at all.

I never got any of the old Falcons, so the new one is a definite must-buy! The X-Wing... meh, I'll rather hunt down a 9493. The figs are nice though.

Loving the fact they made a new bowcaster mold, though I'll probably only use the base of the weapon and ditch the stud shooter function. It would've been even better if they'd gone for a "prop" weapon instead, but it still looks nice.

I bricklinked one, and it was worth the effort, it's cool set. That said, I am going to get the new X-Wing when it comes out because I think it looks really cool.

The Millennium Falcon and X-Wing look really neat, and the new minifigures look great!

I am disappointed that they are still using those paint applications on Chewbacca. The tan(?) face fur continues to look off to me - like he took a pie to the face. Maybe a different color for the face fur, or skipping the extra face fur paint altogether, would be better.

Still, I do love the Chewbacca mold!

15307pb01.jpg

Edited by phanstasm

The Millennium Falcon and X-Wing look really neat, and the new minifigures look great!

I am disappointed that they are still using those paint applications on Chewbacca. The tan(?) face fur continues to look off to me - like he took a pie to the face. Maybe a different color for the face fur, or skipping the extra face fur paint altogether, would be better.

*snip*

It's all for accuracy, and the colour they chose for it is perfect.

150416_LOW_OldSolo.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

The problem with the new chewbacca is that it wont fit into the MF cockpit.

He fits in the 2011 version, but only on his own. I'm guessing the cockpit of this new Falcon may be different, because from what I can see in the image, Rey and Finn appear to be next to each other.

He fits in the 2011 version, but only on his own. I'm guessing the cockpit of this new Falcon may be different, because from what I can see in the image, Rey and Finn appear to be next to each other.

Nah, they're situated the same way as Han & Chewie in the 2011 one... Finn's sitting a little behind Rey.

Also...did everyone see the Flametroopers? I'm guessing it's from another ebay seller, but the pic has a row of Flametroopers and a row of Snowtroopers.

Edited by Venkefedo

Nah, they're situated the same way as Han & Chewie in the 2011 one... Finn's sitting a little behind Rey.

Also...did everyone see the Flametroopers? I'm guessing it's from another ebay seller, but the pic has a row of Flametroopers and a row of Snowtroopers.

Yep found them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191635362763

it looks like as if it just sold.

Thanks very much for sharing, guys! Those trooper ALL look absolutely fantastic to me. Sleek and modern - yet still unmistakably reminiscent of the traditional look!

Really looking forward to the first MOC armies of all three types with some New Order officers and Phasma in it.

Really? That's very disappointing not to have the Falcon's First Mate in the cockpit.

Those Flametroopers look nice. I'm loving all of the new First Order minifig leaks so far.

Do Finn and Rey have the same sculpts for their hair? A few people on this thread have talked about Finn's hair like it's new, but it looks like Rey's to me (which we've seen before the new pictures leaked).

Edited by AnthonyP301

Those Flametroopers look nice. I'm loving all of the new First Order minifig leaks so far.

Do Finn and Rey have the same sculpts for their hair? A few people on this thread have talked about Finn's hair like it's new, but it looks like Rey's to me (which we've seen before the new pictures leaked).

It would be weird if Finn had a pony tail, or if Rey didn't

Really? That's very disappointing not to have the Falcon's First Mate in the cockpit.

Oh ye of little faith ... :sadnew:

The First Order Snowspeeder is still a big mystery. According to the product description on the Spanish version of Amazon (posted by Hoth Bricks) the set will include 2 snowtroopers and 1 snowtrooper officer.

So assuming the new FO snowspeeder is similar to the T-47 or McQuarrie's concept of T-47... then who's going to fly the speeder? Are the troopers the pilots for this speeder?

Could it be that this First Order Snowspeeder is more like a Naboo flash speeder/Luke's landspeeder/Mandalorian speeder used for transporting First Order troops on a snow planet? What do you guys think?

Edited by bountybossk

Only recently caught up on the new sets.

Millennium Falcon

Really like the look of the new one. Although fairly similar to the last release the proportions seem a lot more movie accurate and the extra greebling and mismatched colours help give it a very run down look. Hopefully the underside of the ship will be a bit tidier than the 2011 release.

I love Finn's new hairpiece and hope we see more of it on other characters like Lando and Falcon in the near future. Old Han's face also looks great - very consistant with the younger version and not too overdetailed like Owen Lars was.

X-Wing

Love the new windscreen piece and colour scheme. They did a great job incorperating the spring-fire missiles without taking away from the appearance of the build too. The new position for the wing mechanism has me intrigued - I wonder if the set still uses elastic bands like the previous X-Wings?

Hoth Echo Base

I know its only a CGI video but I am a little underwelmed to be honest. For a UCS set I was expecting something a little more "definitive" and complete. That one Hoth set to rule them all. I kind of wish they went out the way to add a few more details - like the missing Bacta Tank, or a Probe Droid, or even including Princess Leia. It would have been nice to get a new Hoth version with the Tyderium head and printed legs. Yeah its nice that Toryn Farr is getting a minifigure, but it shouldn't be at the expense of another female character. There's no reason why both women can't be included.

Bit sad she and Luke aren't coming in TFA sets either, but its understandable given Disney would want to avoid spoilers before the film comes out. Hopefully both will show up in the next Winter wave.

I think that is why it features Finn and Rey on the cockpit, I tried to update my falcon with the new chewbacca and never could find a way to make it fit properly.

The falcon looks pretty good so as the x-wing, but I will stick to my OT collection, the falcon does not have enough of a new look to me (I got the old one already) and the figs are of no interest (IMHO), while the x-wing could have been more tempting in a white/grey/blue color scheme, I am not too excited about the episode VII sets but I understand all the hype, it's just that to me this is going to be like the super hero line, just another theme with cool stuff but not interesting enough to spend on it.

Old Han Solo...gosh, that's surreal.

BB-8 looks good, but I don't know if I like the obvious antistud on its bottom. I really like the darker X-wing, and the more battered Falcon looks really nice. I hope it's more stable this time.