Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Has anyone noticed how weird the viewable Tyderium looks? The wings are very strange. I'm honestly not sure about the other shuttle thing. It would be a cool little Easter egg, but I want to say it's just a coincidence.

Has anyone noticed how weird the viewable Tyderium looks? The wings are very strange. I'm honestly not sure about the other shuttle thing. It would be a cool little Easter egg, but I want to say it's just a coincidence.

In the image I linked? They're not fully deployed... The wings each have 2 sections, and in that picture the small rectangular sections where the wings meet the body aren't tilted fully under the fuselage as they should be for flight mode.

In the image I linked? They're not fully deployed... The wings each have 2 sections, and in that picture the small rectangular sections where the wings meet the body aren't tilted fully under the fuselage as they should be for flight mode.

I figured that much, but why would they pose it like that? It just looks weird, and would really never sit like that naturally.

I figured that much, but why would they pose it like that? It just looks weird, and would really never sit like that naturally.

Maybe it was a first pass that got leaked, or didn't have the right people approving things... Hasbro often has their Transformers mis-transformed in official photos, and especially at conventions where you'd think they'd have someone on-hand to make sure they look right.

Maybe it was a first pass that got leaked, or didn't have the right people approving things... Hasbro often has their Transformers mis-transformed in official photos, and especially at conventions where you'd think they'd have someone on-hand to make sure they look right.

Makes sense. I'm looking forward to picking it up as soon as I see one. I'll have a feild day making Mods to it.

Did anyone notice Ezra's lightsaber handle I hope we get a mold like that next year instead of binoculars

I hated the new Sith Infiltrator after seeing the preview, but now that we have official pictures I have to say that it looks really good The underside could definitely use some improvement, but overall I think it's a pretty good remake.

Oh, hey, 'bout time. Not sure many people paid attention to the first photos I posted.

Looks fine to me!

Did anyone notice Ezra's lightsaber handle I hope we get a mold like that next year instead of binoculars

That's just Sabine's blaster.

The new Sith Infiltrator actually looks quite good. The stacked slopes look much tidier here than they did in the preliminary pic and the colours are much more consistant. Not too sure about the Sith Speeder though - the colours seem a bit random and the build itself seems very blocky, although at least this design should be much more stable than the last two attempts.

Glad we're finally getting Qui-Gon with his Tatooine poncho but its a shame the astromech has been removed from the final set. Hopefully Watto will be made of plastic instead of rubber this time. They upgraded Plo Koon's head to be more durable so I have my fingers crossed the same might apply to Watto. :grin:

Wow, those stickers on the slope pieces made it look better compared to the preliminary photo we saw

Actually I kinda like it...although minfig selection could be a little more special perhaps and the speeder thing is bad. I think they could've done the curved part on the speeder better

Edited by Ultron

One thing I do find disapointing about all these Episode 1 sets is that none of them include Padme. They could have easily thrown in a Theed Battle version in the Naboo Fighter and Flash Speeder, or updated the Tatooine outfit for the Infiltrator.

The sith infiltrator, while better than the prelims, is still a failure in my book. Just less of a failure. The front irks me. It's too squared off. Otherwise is just mediocre. Wings, meh. Should be rounder. Speeder, meh. Weird colors. Minifigs, meh. The poncho is nice but that's about it. This was a pass even before the prelims.

The new Infiltrator has zero purchase appeal in my mind. No desire for another kid Anakin (brings back horrible memories of Jake Lloyd) and it's not a pretty set. The printed dish piece on the top is kinda cool, but from what I've seen so far, it doesn't have anything else to make me want it. I'll save my pennies for the TFA (and hopefully more Rebels) sets!

One thing I do find disapointing about all these Episode 1 sets is that none of them include Padme. They could have easily thrown in a Theed Battle version in the Naboo Fighter and Flash Speeder, or updated the Tatooine outfit for the Infiltrator.

Padme is barely in any sets so I'd be pretty happy if they put her in anything. She would have fit in the infiltrator just as much as Watto and she would have fit in the starfighter more than Obi-Wan. She was a major character in three of the movies and pretty important overall in TCW. I agree that LEGO doesn't put enough female characters in their sets and I think that Leia, Padme, Hera, and other important female characters should have at least a bit more focus in LEGO sets.

Eh, it's still a pass. The ship does look better, but it's still pretty small. And anyway, it's the same Watto from 2011, the same Anakin from this year, and a-new-hat versions of Qui-Gon and Darth Maul.

+$100 to TFA fund.

Just like with the new Naboo Starfighter, the new Sith Infiltrator makes my pick-up list. I have a feeling it's going to be a long time until we see Episode I sets again ...

What the heck is that thing on the ground in front of Maul?

I don't remember ever getting a really good view of his speeder in the movie, but it certainly does look weird here.

I do sort of like the ship, but it's not an immediate purchase (for me) by any stretch. I haven't been out of the dark ages very long, though so I don't have Maul or Qui-Gon, making it a likely purchase before retirement.

It's hard to see, but when I zoom in, the face on Darth Maul looks MUCH better than the old ones, much more like the movie! Can't wait to see it closer!