Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

As someone who's animated characters where their whole mouth is basically a mustache (a very enjoyable gimmick), I like the darker line there... otherwise it might look like he had no mouth at all, if it was too light! The tan & flesh tones kinda blend together a bit there. Doesn't seem too glaring to me, just shows "Here's where mustache meets beard for Nik Sant's pie-hole. Wish they'd have given the troopers dark tan hands instead of tan, tho... dark tan, like the vest & their helmets, looks so much better on these guys (and many other minifigs... it's a great gloved look, whether the character's a fleshie, a yellow, or anything else!)

Hi guys

it seems since Brickdoctor surrendered keeping this topic clean we have lost the aim of this topic.

- Please, dont ask what sets to buy here

- Dont tell us your wishes, regarding new sets

- Please do come up with new rumors about Star Wars sets or comment them.

I am reading this topic on a daily basis and the last rumor that vame up here is weeks old?

Dino

Dino is right guys. Stay on Target! Please keep this focused on actual rumors and pictures, not wish lists.

Moustache line looks okay to me, it's the cheek lines that I don't like.

Moustache line looks okay to me, it's the cheek lines that I don't like.

The thing is though imagine that face without those cheek lines. Looks like a giant mouth with eyes :laugh:

The thing is though imagine that face without those cheek lines. Looks like a giant mouth with eyes :laugh:

I should've said I don't like the shape of them

Definitely going to get the Tydirium, although it is kind of expensive here in the Netherlands (probably retails around €120, which is around $136).

The shuttle has been listed on a webshop here in Sweden as 949 kr, which works out to about €100 at current exchange rates http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/lek_och_gadgets/217904-lego_star_wars_imperial_shuttle_tydirium_75094&atcl=search:live

Admittedly Webhallen generally sells sets at a little below MSRP, but it's entirely possible you will be able to get it for a similar price in the Netherlands.

The shuttle has been listed on a webshop here in Sweden as 949 kr, which works out to about €100 at current exchange rates.

Admittedly Webhallen generally sells sets at a little below MSRP, but it's entirely possible you will be able to get it for a similar price in the Netherlands.

I just did a small comparison with similar sized sets that are out now and I think I was €10 off with my first guess. The Tydirium will probably retail here for €110 (it has almost the same amount of pieces as the Ghost which also retails for €110).

I probably won't buy the Final Duel set. It will retail here for probably €90. Too much for a play set with just 5 minifigs (only 2 new/unique to this set) and just a few great parts.

Hi guys,

I've been out of the loop for about a year, I was wondering if you could let me know if we reckon more PT/OT sets will be released in the near future (excluding the Tyderium, Final Duel and Hoth set) in light of TFA coming out in December, and Rebels Season 2 likely getting sets?

Also, I've been looking at the Final Duel set, and although I really want the Luke and Vader figures, I'm not sure that along justifies the price. I was considering upgrading my 10188 Death Star to have a more detailed throne room, but I'm awaiting clearer pics to see how easy that would be :)

Thanks! :)

I personally think that while the focus of upcoming waves will be with Episode VII there's still be plenty of room for OT and PT sets... along with Rebels.

From a quick look at Brickset:

In 2014 we had 6 Microfighters, 3 Battlepacks, 21 sets, 2 Promo figures and the Advent Calendar.

In 2015 we'll have 6 Microfighters, 4 Battlepacks, 24 sets, 2 Promo figures, the Advent Calendar and 6 Constraction figures.

I can't see us getting 24 sets dedicated to Episode 7/8 and Rebels next year. Especially as things such as the Falcon, new X-Wing and TIE are probably included in this wave as well as some smaller vehicles and most of the main characters.

We may get MOST of the sets dedicated to them... maybe even getting some UCS sets early doors but I can't see them shutting out the PT and OT completely. Definitely not the OT anyway.

Is the Death Star final duel 75093 coming out today? I asked two Lego reps and they both said yes but I don't believe them, since you can't even find the set yet out there

Robianco, don't forget the rumored death star, but I am curious to see if the new falcon will be UCS or similar to the 2011 size was

Edited by eldiano

Is the Death Star final duel 75093 coming out today? I asked two Lego reps and they both said yes but I don't believe them, since you can't even find the set yet out there

Robianco, don't forget the rumored death star, but I am curious to see if the new falcon will be UCS or similar to the 2011 size was

The new Falcon should be similar in size to 7965 due to the price point. I thought the Final Duel and the Tydirium are out on 1st July?

The Final Duel and Shuttle (and presumably the rest of the SW summer wave) are out on June 1st, at least in the UK.

I just did a small comparison with similar sized sets that are out now and I think I was €10 off with my first guess. The Tydirium will probably retail here for €110 (it has almost the same amount of pieces as the Ghost which also retails for €110).

I probably won't buy the Final Duel set. It will retail here for probably €90. Too much for a play set with just 5 minifigs (only 2 new/unique to this set) and just a few great parts.

The RRP of the Tydirium will be € 110......but.......look around and you'll pay less. I already found the shuttle (pre-order) for € 90 and the Final Duel set (RRP € 90) for € 80.

The Final Duel and Shuttle (and presumably the rest of the SW summer wave) are out on June 1st, at least in the UK.

Yeah... I meant to say June but I'd been talking to someone about the SH sets which I think are out in July. Just over 2 weeks to go before the Tydirium and Final Duel anyway!

Any ideas on the new millennium falcon cockpit design? it will need an improvement if it's supposed to fit the new chewbacca.

Any ideas on the new millennium falcon cockpit design? it will need an improvement if it's supposed to fit the new chewbacca.

Not necessarily. The old Falcon only held one figure. Plus, the new Chewbacca and the old one are relatively the same size, if not the same piece with printing on it.

Not necessarily. The old Falcon only held one figure. Plus, the new Chewbacca and the old one are relatively the same size, if not the same piece with printing on it.

Which old one are you talking about? 7965 held two, tho--as with the Tydirium--Chewie had to sit a little behind Han. And 10179 held four figures, I think. The new Chewie piece is a new piece, not just the old one with new printing... makes him a bit taller than pre-2014 Chewies.

I'm personally indifferent to the whole "mini-TIE's" not being in scale with the minifigs, I use a lot of mini-vehicles for my figs, for example: Batman rides a mini-tumbler, my sigfig rides a mini Tie Advanced prototype, etc.

So the Mini-TIE's just work for me.

I'm personally indifferent to the whole "mini-TIE's" not being in scale with the minifigs, I use a lot of mini-vehicles for my figs, for example: Batman rides a mini-tumbler, my sigfig rides a mini Tie Advanced prototype, etc.

So the Mini-TIE's just work for me.

I do it on star war sets that are out of proportion like having a death star but i use the mini falcon to fit in the bay, or x wing try to destroy it.

But i just purchased the death star final duel set, my lego store has the summer sets already out.

Could you check if there are Sith Infiltrator minifigs on the back of the instruction of Final Duel?

Just to add to the "not to scale" complexity, I've decided to try and build the mini-Ghost poly bag so that my Gozanti and mini-TIEs will have something to chase. Although I am well aware this will make for three completely out of proportion vehicles that will look utterly goofy if I actually switch my brain on. Luckily I'm pretty sure it's off and staying off ;)

Could you check if there are Sith Infiltrator minifigs on the back of the instruction of Final Duel?

If the Sith Infiltrator minifigures are shown, I am surprised The Brick Show did not snap a quick picture for their Facebook, Flickr, etc. I guess we will have to wait until June 1 or for one of just2good's excellent reviews to see if Darth Maul has printed legs and if Qui-Gon has a poncho.

snip

Thanks for the correction about the new Chewie. But in my experience with 7965 I can only fit one figure in the cockpit without removing arms or having the arms at weird angles. The Tydirium can fit two figures with no modification or arms in weird positions. To be clear, I understand what you're saying about the Falcon, but to me the arms are in weird positions.

This is just personal preference, but when I never seat figures right beside each other. I'm not saying it can't be done, it just looks odd. Point is, 7965 only suggests you to but one figure in the cockpit. Which, while you can do little things to make it work, I see it as only fitting one figure out of box. And hey, I'm not saying there's one official way to do so, I'm saying that Lego does have a suggestion. But as we all know, it's Lego. It can be changed, rebuilt, modified, ect.