Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I'm gonna get it for imperial ships. Also I found episode 13 of rebels and they have a imperial styled police gunship just like the clone wars version. Also a little spoiler if you watch the show, the 2 imperial officers from the premier were beheaded by the inquisitor.

I saw it. Poor officers, although they were kind of annoying. Anyway, can't wait until that ship comes out.

Why say that?

It's a spoiler and it has nothing to do with the topic.

Why say that?

It's a spoiler and it has nothing to do with the topic.

It sort of does. We were talking about the SW Rebels Imperial officers. One comes in the Imperial Assault Carrier (not the same guy, I don't think).

Seeing that prelim really makes me want to get that Ghost polybag. Or at least try to build it. I know the scale wouldn't be right, but it would still be fun to have those TIEs chasing the Rebels crew :)

It sort of does. We were talking about the SW Rebels Imperial officers. One comes in the Imperial Assault Carrier (not the same guy, I don't think).

Then he should hide it with that 'hide spoiler'function, not blab it immediately after. Not to mention it actually has no bearing on the lego rebel set. That was simply a tiny piece of the story which would not affect if we would or would not get either of them.

If you want to talk about the series because of surprising/shocking/amazing story plots, do it elsewhere.

From the (blurry) pics i have seen so far, i can safely say that i will have to get the Tydirium and the final duel set. They both look awesome and are must-haves for an AFOL, i think. Regarding the design, the Lambda class shuttle might appear to be a little oversized but it is full of details such a shuttle is supposed to have. The final duel reminds me of Palpatine's arrest, which i actually like a lot.

I have no problem with TLG's general tendency to make the sets more playable. At least they have found ways to keep them accurate and displayable so far. This mixture makes for success as the ISD and Mos Eisley have shown.

The flash speeder looks interesting - also because of the minifigs to populate our shelves. The Naboo fighter insted does not interest me at all.

The Gozanti cruiser gets me intrigued. While i don't like the rebels series (it simply is not pointed at my age range), bigger starships remain rare but are an important element of that universe. Since interior matters a lot to me, i wait for better pics.

Pricing remains an issue and the price/part ratio not always makes for a good indicator, since pieces have become smaller (several pieces are used instead of one - although one would be available). I am interested in the prospected pricing in Europe. Hopefully they won't slap us here. The last wave was kept within the reasonable - i take this as a good sign.

Shapes

I remember a while back when Lego started to introduce flesh coloured heads with intricate designs and after a while people started to complain and yearn the long lost yellow head with a simple smiley. It's the same story with the capes. As far as I am concerned the capes are perfect. Sometimes simplicity is better than complexity. And particularly with jedi minifigures the capes work very well since they portray what they are supposed to be: a plain item of clothing which is very functional and offers warmth, protection and disguise (as and when required).

I remember a while back when Lego started to introduce flesh coloured heads with intricate designs and after a while people started to complain and yearn the long lost yellow head with a simple smiley. It's the same story with the capes. As far as I am concerned the capes are perfect. Sometimes simplicity is better than complexity. And particularly with jedi minifigures the capes work very well since they portray what they are supposed to be: a plain item of clothing which is very functional and offers warmth, protection and disguise (as and when required).

This. If I wanted my minifigures to look exactly like their real life counterparts, Id buy Hot toys figures.

Then he should hide it with that 'hide spoiler'function, not blab it immediately after. Not to mention it actually has no bearing on the lego rebel set. That was simply a tiny piece of the story which would not affect if we would or would not get either of them.

If you want to talk about the series because of surprising/shocking/amazing story plots, do it elsewhere.

Understood. No more spoilers from me. To be honest, I don't even like Rebels much. I only want the Imperial figs and ships/vehicles.

I have found a video of LEGO Imperial Assault Carrier without watermark. Even though the quality is pretty bad...

https://www.youtube....h?v=ro51P92tUec

Hey, even if it's repeated, at least we're finding these videos. I'm really happy the pics are starting to come out. Maybe some clear pics will come out soon.

Edited by James Wellington

I don't know how to do the spoiler function. And I probably won't spoil anything anymore.

The ship looks great, and I was going to say I wish it showed also the minifigs, but then I thought I’m done with all the blurry prelims with unfinished minifigs place holders; nothing would satisfy other than the semi-final product showcased at NYTF.

Posted one page behind :wink:

Actually, this one is clearer and has no watermark.

Looks like it's somewhere on the order of 52-55 studs long...

Ahh, sorry about that....

No, don't be sorry. You did post something different. Someone was too hasty to compare and realize it.

Edited by rollermonkey

Hey, even if it's repeated, at least we're finding these videos. I'm really happy the pics are starting to come out. Maybe some clear pics will come out soon.

Hopefully we will get the real pics at the New York Toy Fair next saturday. I want to see what the finalized sets and minifigures look like. As of right now probably only getting the Imperial Tydirium and the Flash speeder.

Hopefully we will get the real pics at the New York Toy Fair next saturday. I want to see what the finalized sets and minifigures look like. As of right now probably only getting the Imperial Tydirium and the Flash speeder.

Agreed. Real pics will be really helpful, and then I will start to make a little list in my mind what I'm getting first, what I'm not getting, what I might save for another time, etc. I'm really excited for the Imperial Assault Carrier, Flash Speeder and Shuttle Tydirium.

That Imperial Shuttle looks good so far, I hope it looks even better on the official release. :thumbup:

The Naboo Starfighter also looks pretty good, but I don't need one, as this is almost identical to the last one that came out. You know, that set was in it's box for several months before I was even slightly interested in building it, and when I finally did, it immediately became one of my absoloute favorite LEGO fighters. I liked it so much, I went out and bought another one. I am happy with this new set for two reasons;

A: One less set for me to spend money on.

B: People who missed out on the 2011 Naboo Starfighter can get a really nice set!

I have found a video of LEGO Imperial Assault Carrier without watermark. Even though the quality is pretty bad...

https://www.youtube....h?v=ro51P92tUec

A typical set that I may have bought if there had been some really great and exclusive figs (new molds) included.

Agreed. Real pics will be really helpful, and then I will start to make a little list in my mind what I'm getting first, what I'm not getting, what I might save for another time, etc. I'm really excited for the Imperial Assault Carrier, Flash Speeder and Shuttle Tydirium.

I have already made a real list: Tydirium + all Episode 7 sets and possibly Echobase.

The Ep7 sets will all have new minifigs (except maybe Chewie, 3PO and R2) and no doubt there will be new molds. I don't believe it's coincidence we don't get new molds in the 5 sets that are being released first (Shuttle, Flash speeder etc); Lego has reserved the new molds for the Ep7 sets.

Would be cool to get the entire Ep7 wave in one day; one big megahaul!

and then pray for 3 months the movie won't suck :laugh:

Would be cool to get the entire Ep7 wave in one day; one big megahaul!

and then pray for 3 months the movie won't suck :laugh:

"I have a [good] feeling about this" movie. And the Episode VII sets, minifigs, molds....I just hope that it doesn't end up like the Iron Man sets, which, as I've heard, had nothing to do with the movie. (Not sure if this is true; just something I heard.)

My (unrealistic) dream is to watch Episode VII for the first time, and then right after, I go to Target with $500 an buy all of the sets!

Edited by LN-01354

My (unrealistic) dream is to watch Episode VII for the first time, and then right after, I go to Target with $500 an buy all of the sets!

Hahaha! I have the same dream...thing is: I can't wait 3 months! I'll want the sets asap after the september release. I already have an 'Episode VII fund' for the upcoming E7 Lego, books, etc. :D

I havent heard to much hate for the naboo Starfighter as a whole, but I know a lot of us don't care for it and which a less recent ship was taking its place especially because it does look an awful lot like the 2011 set. However, not only is it a chance for younger fans to get the set, but some may forget the the 2011 set was an exclusive and thus at least in the US it has actually been 8 years since we had a Naboo Starfighter anywhere other than Target and the Lego Stores.

That being said, I'd rather that set have been a TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Obi Wan Starfighter (either one), Twin Pod Cloud Car, Bonty hunter Pursuit, or Jango Fett Slave 1 over a rehash of an old set.

Edited by Archer

I havent heard to much hate for the naboo Starfighter as a whole, but I know a lot of us don't care for it and which a less recent ship was taking its place especially because it does look an awful lot like the 2011 set.

I'm quite glad that they remade the Naboo Starfighter, since I never got a chance to pick up any previous version. But yeah, I would've loved a TIE Bomber instead....

That being said, I'd rather that set have been a TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Obi Wan Starfighter (either one), Twin Pod Cloud Car, Bonty hunter Pursuit, or Jango Fett Slave 1 over a rehash of an old set.

Erm... Wouldn't the TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Obi Wan Straighter, Twin Pod Cloud Car, Bounty Hunter Pursuit and Jango's Slave One also have been a rehash of an old set as they've all been released before?

Erm... Wouldn't the TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Obi Wan Straighter, Twin Pod Cloud Car, Bounty Hunter Pursuit and Jango's Slave One also have been a rehash of an old set as they've all been released before?

well yes, but those things we've only got once. (Years ago I might add) and this is what, the 4th or 5th naboo fighter?

Although I don't really mind a new naboo fighter, but something like those mentioned would be much nicer. Oh well, saves me money for more bionicle.

And on the topic of that rebels imperial cruiser, I like it. It almost looks like a space shuttle. Just to clarify since I haven't kept up with rebels, is this the ship Ezra is on in the first episode?